Dal trade discussion

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Re: Dal trade discussion

A Club icon - 250 games next year, silky skills, great contributor and well liked. He is the type of person that you build your Club around, so don't get rid of guys like him, even at 29 next year. He has 2-3 years left. Others can go first.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Dal won't be traded

We will put on the table
Jones
Gilbert
Montagna

Kosi might have to go to glue factory ( cheap Kosi shot but I couldn't help it)

Essendon can go suck it

We will put nearly every player on the table as will just about any club. Doesnt mean they want them to go but you must look at everything offerred.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Buckets wrote:Have this sneaking suspicion we will see a big name or two on the trade table, wouldn't be surprised to hear either Dal or Joeys name being thrown around, doesn't mean they will go though!
Good, they have currency and we need to start the process. Not that I dont think they can play and they have been tremendous servants of the club, but both seem a bit tired, a change of club for one or both could be a good thing.

Look, we have about 10 players 29 or over. I think Dal and Joey are in those 10.

If we dont start turning over the players with currency all ten will retire and we will look like the Bulldogs or GWS (but without the potential).

It is harsh and I understand the emotional attachment, but the times they are a changin' and our midfield needs a huge revamp.
If we received a top 10 pick for Joey from whichever club I would take it.

Two top 10's in a good draft makes Reincarnated a happy man.

Trade Joey. It is unsurprising that he has gone really quiet since 2010. He is a front-runner though most outside midfielders are.

older saint
SS Life Member

Anyone with good ball use must keep. Dal was runner up or second in Brownlow last year also . If any Named star goes ( assuming BJ doesn't ) Monty would be my choice accumulates but doesnt seem to hurt as much anymore breaking the lines. Ideally keep all but only for quality if a must

Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote: interesting listen to Watson suggest that with them drafting Daniher they may be in a position to off load a tall..... I rate Crameri

So their 1st pick and Crameri..... would be tempting.... for Goddard...and we'll keep dal!!
Crameri's good but he isn't a Tall.

We don't really need any up and coming medium (or small) forwards IMO, we've got a few of those...

Sippos, Markworth, Dunell

Interesting to imagine which Talls that Watson might be talking about though...

- they have 3 quality rucks in Hille, Bellchambers and Ryder
- forward Talls - Hurley, Gumbleton, (Daniher)
- defensive Talls - (Fletcher), Pears, Carlisle

Out of that lot, the only one I'd suggest that Essendoom might look at moving on would be Gumbleton... but with his injury history I don't think he'd be worth much on the trade table... i'd happily pick him up though as an upgrade on Wilkes/Kosi as 2nd Tall.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

The Redeemer wrote:...Two top 10's in a good draft makes Reincarnated a happy man...
Probably would, but Daniel, how can you speak with such authourity on the thoughts of the long unseen Reincarnated?

Freudian slip??? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Aren't Essendon committed to their Father/Son pick Joe Daniher with their first round pick?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Dave McNamara wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:...Two top 10's in a good draft makes Reincarnated a happy man...
Probably would, but Daniel, how can you speak with such authourity on the thoughts of the long unseen Reincarnated?

Freudian slip??? :wink:
It was in jest and I find it really weird that you use my real name.

Like cool...that is my first name. Awesome even.

Still pretty weird.

mildurasaint
Club Player

Don't believe we should trade Dal. Still playing good footy and may play good footy for another five years or more, who knows. Doesn't seem to get injured and has an honest crack at it every week. Great user of the ball. Should play 300 games with us. A special player we should not let go of.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Those filthy pricks would put Hille and their second pick on the table for Dal and actually expect that to be adequate.

Daniher is the messiah apparently.... They will throw later picks around.
Last edited by bigred on Wed 22 Aug 2012 11:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard they have offered pick 109 plus Andrew Lovett with a recommendation letter and a signed poster of James Hird for Dal, i think we should get it before they change their mind.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I heard they have offered pick 109 plus Andrew Lovett with a recommendation letter and a signed poster of James Hird for Dal, i think we should get it before they change their mind.
After Lovett I'd be insisting on an RACV test prior to agreeing to any trades.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

lol

I agree with JB to point gradually off loading some of our older players whilst they have value, I wouldn't include Dal on that list however simply because you can make the mistake of going too far the opposite direction and ending up like Melb... you do need your leaders/role models etc and Dals close to the finest servant of the club we have

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:lol

I agree with JB to point gradually off loading some of our older players whilst they have value, I wouldn't include Dal on that list however simply because you can make the mistake of going too far the opposite direction and ending up like Melb... you do need your leaders/role models etc and Dals close to the finest servant of the club we have

Don't disagree with that
BUT our only players with real trade value would be
Dal
BJ
Ben
Joey
and maybe Gilbert

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

well its gilbs and joey

i wouldnt trade dal

but agree with whoever said he has trouble breaking a tag

spert
Saintsational Legend

Need to rebuild the midfield if we want to win another premiership, the core group have not been good enough when the question was asked, and if we have any currency at all, then we should use it.