Rioli and Natinui disgrace

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rioli and Natinui disgrace

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Didnt you watch it last night? How is it differant please tell me.

Are poor games worse than not playing?
You can win a B & F or a Brownlow having either it doesnt matter. If you play 18 games of a 23 game season in AA form but have a quiet finish why would you be treated differant to a player that was injured for five weeks.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Didnt you watch it last night? How is it differant please tell me.

Are poor games worse than not playing?
You can win a B & F or a Brownlow having either it doesnt matter. If you play 18 games of a 23 game season in AA form but have a quiet finish why would you be treated differant to a player that was injured for five weeks.

What if the scenario was this. 12 VG games and 6 poor by round 18 and then it is 12 VG games and 10 poor by round 22. Or 12 VG games and 6 poor after 18 games. I would go with the second player. A better average of VG games.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

KB said at Round 18 Jetta was a lock in the team so to the selectors he had been in AA form for 75% of the games but due to slowing down he was out. Dont know how that can happen.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Just watched a replay of the AA on Fox and KB did not say Jetta was a lock however he did say that he had a very good 18 rounds. KB also said that the AA selectors get together to discuss the matter at round 10, 18 and 22 however said that no players are chosen at that stage only discussed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:KB said at Round 18 Jetta was a lock in the team so to the selectors he had been in AA form for 75% of the games but due to slowing down he was out. Dont know how that can happen.

You heard wrong. And also the scenario I said makes sense.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Just watched a replay of the AA on Fox and KB did not say Jetta was a lock however he did say that he had a very good 18 rounds. KB also said that the AA selectors get together to discuss the matter at round 10, 18 and 22 however said that no players are chosen at that stage only discussed.

Said he was in this morning on SEN when questioned but had let himself down with his last five games.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Just watched a replay of the AA on Fox and KB did not say Jetta was a lock however he did say that he had a very good 18 rounds. KB also said that the AA selectors get together to discuss the matter at round 10, 18 and 22 however said that no players are chosen at that stage only discussed.

Said he was in this morning on SEN when questioned but had let himself down with his last five games.

No he didnt. I heard him. He said he was right in the mix.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Your version again. They have two sets of rules. All would have been fine if KB hadnt put his foot in his mouth.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Your version again. They have two sets of rules. All would have been fine if KB hadnt put his foot in his mouth.

Funny that you didnt mention it was on SEN until Oldmate said you were wrong about what KB said. the way you were talking it was at the AA night now it is on SEN. He said right in the mix. he didnt put his foot in his mouth at all. Now are you calling oldmate a liar? I dont care what you call me but i would be interested in what your take of what oldmate said.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Funny that you didnt mention it was on SEN until Oldmate said you were wrong about what KB said. the way you were talking it was at the AA night now it is on SEN. He said right in the mix. he didnt put his foot in his mouth at all. Now are you calling oldmate a liar? I dont care what you call me but i would be interested in what your take of what oldmate said.

The same could be said for you. As you only mentioned you apparently listened to KB after I said I did. Would of thought you would have first up if you actually had.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The same could be said for you. As you only mentioned you apparently listened to KB after I said I did. Would of thought you would have first up if you actually had.

I heard KB this morning but you were talking the AA coverage last night. Now is oldmate a liar or does him and myself just have poor hearing?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he is I dont know him. Why does it come down to whos lying? Once again trying to prove how big a muppet you are. The way I interpreted KB is that he said Jetta was in at the round 18 meeting.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Maybe he is I dont know him. Why does it come down to whos lying? Once again trying to prove how big a muppet you are. The way I interpreted KB is that he said Jetta was in at the round 18 meeting.

But 2 people have said he didnt say that. Does it take 10 people? You dont like being proved wrong. The problem is it is far to easy. Just admit wrong and get on with miss hearing other information. Looks like it is Winmars jumper now.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Mmmm...... Colour, on people who are concerned about that would bring it up....

Not sure that has anything to do with it.... Not even from the same cultural background...

Would have been less intrigued if Lewis Jetta made the team....

I am pretty sure I made the argument WRT their pedestrian numbers. Both are the most overrated players in the AFL on output given raw data.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Plugger, surely you are being jest or just antagonizing for the sake of it???

All Australian selection is about how many good games you played.... And your effect on your teams performance over 22 rounds... No different to any league accolade...

Missing games vs bad games ..... No different, a player had no effect on those games regardless....

When you tie for the brownlow or Coleman, number of games is not considered

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Mmmm...... Colour, on people who are concerned about that would bring it up....

Not sure that has anything to do with it.... Not even from the same cultural background...

Would have been less intrigued if Lewis Jetta made the team....

I am pretty sure I made the argument WRT their pedestrian numbers. Both are the most overrated players in the AFL on output given raw data.

So explain what the compromised marketing as you call it has to do with picking Rioli and Nic Nat? Why would those words have anything to do with output given raw data. Why didnt you say that in the first post? What crap will you come up with. As missing games v poor games i gave an example that proves it is btter for your chances in missing games than poor games.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious.... A long bow you draw.... Which says more about you line of thinking...

And
Hard to have any effect on the sidelines...

BTW
Do you think either should have been selected??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hilarious.... A long bow you draw.... Which says more about you line of thinking...

And
Hard to have any effect on the sidelines...

BTW
Do you think either should have been selected??

Typical gutless prick. Answer the question. Why mention the words compromised marketing? At least answer that. I would have had Rioli in and Nic Nat out.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Another thread ruined by the internet hero. To many years as a club try hard groupie.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Another thread ruined by the internet hero. To many years as a club try hard groupie.

Why because I question either lies or incompetent posting. You dont like it do you. You just want to write something that is wrong and hope everyone agrees with you. I have no idea what a groupie has to do with you telling incorrect things. You really are a poor debater. Now debate or piss off.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Another thread ruined by the internet hero. To many years as a club try hard groupie.

Why because I question either lies or incompetent posting. You dont like it do you. You just want to write something that is wrong and hope everyone agrees with you. I have no idea what a groupie has to do with you telling incorrect things. You really are a poor debater. Now debate or piss off.
You disagree with everything and everyone. That makes you a bitter and demented knob. You challenge people with the big call you've never played football line. But I reckon its you that hasn't and can't back it up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You disagree with everything and everyone. That makes you a bitter and demented knob. You challenge people with the big call you've never played football line. But I reckon its you that hasn't and can't back it up.

Ive played footy. I wasnt great at the game. I disagree when people make statements that I know to be wrong. I hardly ever disagree with some posters because they post with common sense and not as a one eyed poster who hears things that werent actually said.

And the last thing any of my mates would call me is bitter and demented. they might call me a knob though.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ladies, you are forgetting that Dimwit and his monkey were on the panel. Anything is possible with those two on the panel.

Cyril, Buddy, Natanui = huge promo/marketing players in the AFL. It's a good "image" to have them
as AA.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Dont know this is a good thing but the guys on AFL 360 both agreed with me in both regards. First that KB had said that Jetta was in the team at round 18. Second that it was ridiculous of him to say because he was quiet in those last four games he was voted out. They discussed that it was ridiculous that being injuerd and missing games worked in your favour. Dont worry about apolagising Plugger.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

They also made a good point that Milne got the nod, and finished 12th in our B&F

It's all opinion based really isn't it Bob, and no two are usually the same.
They made a shallow ill-considered point, bad point, poor point as the two awards have different criteria.

B&F is not really a B&F award any more as it was once measured. The F is completely irrelevant as Fairness now plays now part, and the B...for Best is now more an award for best at following coaches instructions...and so even GOP's can rate highly in it if they are really disciplined and committed. Hence Baker one year. Which does not demean it, but that is the criteria that it is judged under.

AA by contrast is meant to be a measure of the best of the best of a season.

As for Caro.....she is clueless about actual football, and is a gossip columnist.

Those that actually watched Dempster this year know that Dempster had an outstanding year taking over Fisher's role and playing it an elite level.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....