Harves or Hayes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Harves or Hayes

whiskers3614 wrote:I Don't pretend to know either player but Banger didn't present so well in the media, not sure his personality will stand up to a senior coaching gig,
Lenny also seems quiet but has a certain glint in his eye that my daughters and others of his generation find endearing.

Yeah crazy as it is it's Harvey's introverted personality that let him down. Similar players in my book- their competitive drive was stronger than their skills and the ability to will themselves on is outstanding. Hayes wins out in that he is a statesman and while still quiet he has a quiet confidence that looks like he reserves speech for the important stuff. Hayes by a whisker.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

1. stewart
2. the doc
3. plugga
4. banger
5. roo
6. lenny
7. carl
8. nicky
9. fish
10. mad dog

...i'm sure i have missed someone.....but as a top ten i'm happy to go with them....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:1. stewart
2. the doc
3. plugga
4. banger
5. roo
6. lenny
7. carl
8. nicky
9. fish
10. mad dog

...i'm sure i have missed someone.....but as a top ten i'm happy to go with them....

Picking yourself at 10 is a bit much.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
2. the doc
3. plugga
4. banger
5. roo
6. lenny
7. carl
8. nicky
9. fish
10. mad dog

You need to cut down on the daytime beers, you're getting very immature these days baiting people just to rev them up. Maybe you could keep it to footy dudes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
2. the doc
3. plugga
4. banger
5. roo
6. lenny
7. carl
8. nicky
9. fish
10. mad dog

You need to cut down on the daytime beers, you're getting very immature these days baiting people just to rev them up. Maybe you could keep it to footy dudes.

Its a joke fella. You do understand a joke dont you?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

No not really. But hey you both get into fights with each other and I can't be bothered reading the threads anymore.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:No not really. But hey you both get into fights with each other and I can't be bothered reading the threads anymore.

whoa there mate....i haven't responded to that poster this year.....put him on ignore at the start of the footy season.....only get to see his posts when posters like you reproduce them ...why ..i don't know...you tell me....but i haven't done anything wrong here...just posting in a thread about saints greats.....i wouldn't have known what he posted without you...so an apology would be nice...

...won't get one though will i...??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintkellerm
Club Player

Harvs was always my fav player, i got a Saints jumper with his signatuure and my name on it as well. then a year ago I was at function where Lenny was there. i asked who was his best player he played with. His answer was Harvs. Then later in the night I got the courage to actually go up to him and first thing he said was thanks for that question. That made my night coz I thought that was the coolest. I had a photo with him and first impressions last. Anyway back on the playing field - I have loved Lenny's tenacity, courage, not worried about his body. Some of my fav moments, that goal he kicked in GF1, the norm smith, that tackle against Footscray, the candy selling against Melb to seal that game, my memory of Harvs is slowly fading esp when u see him in b&w. I am just glad they played for the STKFC and I have been lucky to see both.

Have to say tho Plugger still all time fav, there was nothing like it when he marked it then kiked a goal. He would turn a game around, he could get the opp riled up (love that). He won games off his own boot (juz about).