Possible ins

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lloyd21
Club Player

Possible ins

My son hangs around with Goddard's sister all the heartbreaking comments are wrong
Brendon wants the $$$.. nothing more the info in paper is wrong they are just guessing
fact is that is $800 +x 4 years no conditions.Read also that Caddy is Geelong bound only if
if Stkilda are not interested with 2 picks in draft before Geelong or North up to saints
if they want him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Possible ins

lloyd21 wrote:My son hangs around with Goddard's sister all the heartbreaking comments are wrong
Brendon wants the $$$.. nothing more the info in paper is wrong they are just guessing
fact is that is $800 +x 4 years no conditions.Read also that Caddy is Geelong bound only if
if Stkilda are not interested with 2 picks in draft before Geelong or North up to saints
if they want him.

About what I thought -not much belly aching except the way the fans perceive him. He wants to look like a good bloke while he bathes in $100 notes.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:My son hangs around with Goddard's sister all the heartbreaking comments are wrong
if they want him.
Don't buy it sorry.

Players want to be fairly compensated, but I'm hearing something completely different.

Have no doubt his management a driving a hard deal however.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

One of the reasons the club is not going to fight to keep him may be the form of Siposs playing the Goddard role.

Trixilver
Club Player

I've got no problem with that. I have a lot of high hopes for Siposs. He said when he resigned this year that he wants to be a one club player. Given he only just started, it sounds like he'll be driven to achieve with the Saints. Future captain.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
chook23 wrote:probably was (is) in the plans BUT at a salary that is considered appropriate

I know that the figure is dfferent in variuos peoples opinion................but when is it inappropriate

800,000 for 4 years ............

you mentioned couple?? have doubts on more
It's being reported 680-720....not 800K...truth is nobody really knows.

Personally I just feel like full control has been handed over to the newbie, and I'm admittedly a bit nervous about it all.

Chris on radio being a bit snide with a 'you'll have to speak to Dan Richardson' when questioned about BJ's contract, made me a bit nervous some ego is coming into play here.
REPORTED closer to 800,000 a year

also mail

+ extra $ marketing requirements (a similar deal to Judd earning extra with his Visy requirements)

all clubs have it to some extent.

saint4life
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

I dont blame Brendon for leaving but I am glad the club has maintained there position. For me it is a sign that the club administration has improved, that it doesn't have to pay over to keep players who dont want to buy into the next phase of the clubs development.

I believe the club will be in a much better position long term with the stance they have taken - so I applaud them! Going forward it will set a standard for the club to maintain a healthier payment schedule amongst it's playing group. Sel #13 should bring a quality young (10 year) player to the group and the salary cap relief will be a blessing to reward and maintain the younger players as required.

On other news I read on the GC Bigfooty site that Tom Hickey is on his way to the Saints for a 2nd round draft selection. Hopefully this comes the fruition as he will be a terrific pick up and addition to the team!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:I dont blame Brendon for leaving but I am glad the club has maintained there position. For me it is a sign that the club administration has improved, that it doesn't have to pay over to keep players who dont want to buy into the next phase of the clubs development.

I believe the club will be in a much better position long term with the stance they have taken - so I applaud them! Going forward it will set a standard for the club to maintain a healthier payment schedule amongst it's playing group. Sel #13 should bring a quality young (10 year) player to the group and the salary cap relief will be a blessing to reward and maintain the younger players as required.

On other news I read on the GC Bigfooty site that Tom Hickey is on his way to the Saints for a 2nd round draft selection. Hopefully this comes the fruition as he will be a terrific pick up and addition to the team!

I know you dont rate Ben but how many games have you actually seen this guy play and can he play forward? I can honestly say I cant remember seeing him play one game.