The seaford effect.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

Re: The seaford effect.

Dr Spaceman wrote:
The Craw wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: And a bit of a nightmare for any player who wants to live in the trendier areas south of the yarra.
Try and buy a decent house in Essendon and Strathmore for under $1 mil and get back to me ..... obviously have no clue about the area.
I wasn't saying anything at all about Essendon or Strathmore. I wasn't saying that those areas weren't as trendy or as good as those south of the yarra.

I was simply saying that a lot of players chose to live in areas such as Port Melbourne, South Yarra etc and for them it could be a difficult commute.

Don't see things that aren't there :roll:
I'll say it. Those areas aren't as trendy or as good as those south of the Yarra.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Joffa 5 wrote:I think the point of the post is players are nominating the Saints even though we train in Seaford. If Seaford was such a deterent, they wouldn't nominate us at all whether we need FB, ruck, etc.
At least someone else understood the OP, point is valid IMO. Dooms dayers had players avoiding us because of Seaford, reality is probably a non issue!
Agree, I would say most players would value opportunity over anything else, a few chase big dollars…
But it's the same reason that Sydney should not have an inflated salary cap, the cost of bread & rent would never deter a player that think's he will have the opportunity to play senior AFL football…

felix
Club Player

I think most new or potential players wouldn't give a hoot where the training track is , they have no history with morrabin , it's just the older players who were made to drive further that kicked up a stinky , allegedly.