Wilkes in defense

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wilkes in defense

skeptic wrote:some of you guys are so tough... anyone who's not a star right away is S#!t

Bloody Podsiadly an Judd have created thus impression that the best players tae to it right away.

I bet half of you guys would have delisted Goddard, Monty etc after 2 years

For a first year player in a team that finished outside the 8, I think he did ok as a forward and I would like to see more of what he has to offer next season

I aint going to knock him but he is far from a first year player. He has played about 5 years in the AFL.

PJ
SS Life Member

The only way he'd work in defense is if he's the extra man with no no accountable opponent - goddard

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I can see Wilkes kicking 40 to 50 goals if given a second string forward role every week. He probably won't ever win a coleman but is pretty decent as an extra tall. Lee probably won't play a full year as he's been out of the system awhile and will probably struggle for the first year because of the fitness base he's coming off. Rhys needs to be handled carefully too and Kosi might get his mojo back now he won't be expected to ruck but you would expect him to be pushed out more and more. I can see us rolling quite a few combos into the forward line next year with Roo probably better off not being the go to guy every week. So Beau may benefit from the changes more than most.

FQF
SS Life Member

We might not have a choice after all...

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:We might not have a choice after all...
Agree. Wilkes has some work to do in the off season.