Jason Blake continues - article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jason Blake continues - article

I doubt if there have been many other guys in the game who have played as a back flanker, a centre half back, a tagger/midfielder, and a ruckman, and done all effectively against quality opposition. May not be the greatest player, but certainly the most versatile I have seen at St Kilda.

A fine career to be proud of.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:Blake's an inspiration and I reckon has been one of the most important club players over the last decade.
Can't praise him highly enough!

He has been fantastic. He is probably a GOP but he is one of the highest order.
Yep - should be known as a GEP - Extraordinary!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
loris
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I doubt if there have been many other guys in the game who have played as a back flanker, a centre half back, a tagger/midfielder, and a ruckman, and done all effectively against quality opposition. May not be the greatest player, but certainly the most versatile I have seen at St Kilda.

Hey "cwrcyn"........................ you've forgotten to mention those times he's been thrown up forward and done his bit. Remember the match he got a clutch of goals can't recall who it was against tho.

And to think of all the bagging he got from many members on this site................... especially from Barks4eva which was truly personal & insulting to The Blake many a time and not related to Blake's footy attributes.

Agree with you, its a truly fine career to be proud of. All club's need a Blake, a truly selfless, humble clubman.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

This bloke is an absolute inspiration. Talent, lacking...severely.

His will, and hope, and desire, is astounding. I am impressed, and have a massive amount of respect for him.

I wish alll our players had that level of heart. How many flags we we would win? A lot.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

remember that hawks game.... :?:

love the blake

supersaints
Club Player

Longest serving "whipping boy" ever at the saints. I Always rated Blakey, particularly for his versatility remember being laughed down when I suggested he would be one of GT's first picked because he could play almost every position- seems it took a lot of posters on here 10 years to work out he could actually play!!! Shame on you

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SMS
Club Player

Only reason Maxwell was better in 2010 was drugs. Collingwood took drugs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:Only reason Maxwell was better in 2010 was drugs. Collingwood took drugs.

Yes that is true for sure. The pies took drugs in 2010. Please tell me you are under 12 years of age. Maxwell was AA in 2009. I heard they took Heroin that year and ice in 2010.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SMS wrote:Only reason Maxwell was better in 2010 was drugs. Collingwood took drugs.

Yes that is true for sure. The pies took drugs in 2010. Please tell me you are under 12 years of age. Maxwell was AA in 2009. I heard they took Heroin that year and ice in 2010.

Yeah makes sense.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:I doubt if there have been many other guys in the game who have played as a back flanker, a centre half back, a tagger/midfielder, and a ruckman, and done all effectively against quality opposition. May not be the greatest player, but certainly the most versatile I have seen at St Kilda.

Add to that his fine list of coaches

Watson
Blight
Thomas
Lyon
Watters

The last three relatively long term coaches (hopefully for Scotty) and all have had him in their seniors. Has been around for thirteen seasons and all these coaches have seen his value to the team.

I also respect how he willingly got delisted last season for the club to rearrange the SC, and this season just waited and signed a one year deal to help the club.

Great club man who has always done his best. Attitude seems terrific.

Gotta love the Blake.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

His (maxwells) stats suggest he was so worthy also?! All one can say about that is there are some pretty unlucky back flankers in 2009.... We had 2 for starters who had better years, and the pies had one.... Actually I reckon most clubs had a back flanker who were better performed?!

Then again, Cam Mooney was an AA ahead of N Reiwoldt and that was a laugh...

Maxwell is a good ordinary, in a good team.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Good stuff.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

In case my memory was foggy....

For interests sake I had a look at performances of HB's in 2009 just to how outstanding Maxy was??

I do realise statistical measure is not everything, especially when you take into account his creative and deadly disposal, and his outstanding defensive capabilities....

I lost count of players who were head and shoulders over him statistically and are simply better players?! Both offensively and defensively in 09

Yes, as I intimated the two SAMs were streets ahead of him, as was Heath Shaw.... Head scratching stuff...

More peculiar was the Fact BJ who played a similar role, but averaged 10 disposals a game more.... Couldn't get ahead of him?! I know who I'd take as a HBF in 09

BTW
Jason Blake and Maxwell both averaged the exact same numbers, but Blakey also looked after a big bloke to boot....

Being captain of Collingwood does help though........

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:remember that hawks game.... :?:

love the blake
How he didn't poll Brownlow votes in that game is a mystery. Turned the game on it's head, and won it for us.

Great ticker, and a very honest player. Probably make a good coach eventually.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Blakey really muscled up!
Looks like hes been on the pepper!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Blakey really muscled up!
Looks like hes been on the pepper!
He'll go to Essendope next year as a free agent

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.