Lockett's move to Sydney was financed by the AFL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lockett's move to Sydney was financed by the AFL

The Judd deal didn't get knocked back, somehow the AFL have decided the VISY deal can be counted in Carltons injury payments, can't fault that logic.

I would love to get that injury, 250k to tell kids to recycle.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: No he doesnt. Not at all. Have no idea on the others contracts. What is Eddie role at channel 9? i thought he hosted Hot Seat.
You are right.. He is merely the host of a low rating game show.. Actually, I'm not even sure it's low rating, but I'd assume so... Never watched it... Fair to suggest Eddie has no influence whatsoever.. It's not like he's the ex CEO or anything, or the station is desperate to keep him on their books and happy no matter what..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
plugger66 wrote: No he doesnt. Not at all. Have no idea on the others contracts. What is Eddie role at channel 9? i thought he hosted Hot Seat.
You are right.. He is merely the host of a low rating game show.. Actually, I'm not even sure it's low rating, but I'd assume so... Never watched it... Fair to suggest Eddie has no influence whatsoever.. It's not like he's the ex CEO or anything, or the station is desperate to keep him on their books and happy no matter what..

But that is guess work. Lets face it we have no idea of our players contracts or if Eddie has any influence on the decision. I suppose it is much better to be hot under the collar about something we have no idea on than to just say well its out of my control and go saints this coming Saturday.

Go saints on saturday.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

But that is guess work. Lets face it we have no idea of our players contracts or if Eddie has any influence on the decision. I suppose it is much better to be hot under the collar about something we have no idea on than to just say well its out of my control and go saints this coming Saturday.

Go saints on saturday.
Well pretty much everything is guesswork, out of our control, and things we have no idea about...

I don't think you've got to 31,000 posts by merely saying Go Saints over and over again...

But you're right to that extent.. Go saints on Saturday..

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Hiring Cloke for his "media skills" is on a par with putting Warwick Capper in charge of NASA's space program. If Cloke's media pay isn't included in the salary cap, then the so-called integrity unit may as well pack up and go home.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Hiring Cloke for his "media skills" is on a par with putting Warwick Capper in charge of NASA's space program. If Cloke's media pay isn't included in the salary cap, then the so-called integrity unit may as well pack up and go home.
In the old days Cloke would have been useful on WOS. He could have helped Lou give out the goodies on Coach's corner. Red Tulips, Betocci, Florsheim Shoes and the Sherrin etc etc.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Go saints on saturday.
You are kidding plugger. I hope. Your second sentence makes perfect sense. The first reeks of utter naviety or stubborn ignorance.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Funny- i said that Plymton's mum told me about it and Plugger66 ridiculed me about it. She said it wasn't just paid for but fully orchestrated by them. Funny he also said that small amounts of PEDs weren't being used before the Essendon fiasco and that Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Funny- i said that Plymton's mum told me about it and Plugger66 ridiculed me about it. She said it wasn't just paid for but fully orchestrated by them. Funny he also said that small amounts of PEDs weren't being used before the Essendon fiasco and that Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat.

Sounds like you made that up but im glad the first thing you said about this topic had me in it. Some people just need stop thinking about me. I can assure you that you never come into my thoughts until I get here and laugh at the odd person who seems more keen to bring my nickname up than worry about the topic. Odd indeed.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Funny- i said that Plymton's mum told me about it and Plugger66 ridiculed me about it. She said it wasn't just paid for but fully orchestrated by them. Funny he also said that small amounts of PEDs weren't being used before the Essendon fiasco and that Lance Armstrong was a drug cheat.

Sounds like you made that up but im glad the first thing you said about this topic had me in it. Some people just need stop thinking about me. I can assure you that you never come into my thoughts until I get here and laugh at the odd person who seems more keen to bring my nickname up than worry about the topic. Odd indeed.

You have a great talent for ridiculing anything anyone says that you don't agree with. Maybe if you just thought before you did the knee jerk contradiction you might look more credible. So far all those thing have happened and I also suggested that match fixing will become an issue in the future which you also denied. If the crime commission are to be believed that may also become an issue.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Oh no has nothing to do with Eddie according to David. Channel 9 sought him out because he is so media savvy. :shock:
he's actually dumber than dog sh!t

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:The AFL is a corrupt joke. Today The Hun reports that Cloke has signed a five year deal with Channel 9. What a efing joke.

They could get a run in the Victorian Liberals at the moment.

I heard Luke Ball signed a lucrative contract to become an exclusive Footyshow guest meaning he gets money to go on no other shows or networks. Coincided with his collingwood contract- strange he never got one at the Saints.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You have a great talent for ridiculing anything anyone says that you don't agree with. Maybe if you just thought before you did the knee jerk contradiction you might look more credible. So far all those thing have happened and I also suggested that match fixing will become an issue in the future which you also denied. If the crime commission are to be believed that may also become an issue.
Sorry but I think you brought my name up on here. Could be wrong. you are the expert on wrong. So who brought upwho's name first for no reason?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Sorry but I think you brought my name up on here. Could be wrong. you are the expert on wrong. So who brought upwho's name first for no reason?

I was helping you come to terms with the fact that I'm always right and you are always wrong;)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I was helping you come to terms with the fact that I'm always right and you are always wrong;)

No worries.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saintspremiers wrote: And yet the likes of pluggerdemtriousbackside66 will defend his idol for eternity!
if you are going to bait someone, you should get the facts straight, because it had zip to do with demetriou
the same era, you would watch paper bags doing the rounds in the coterie to pay Lockett for his little indescretions on field

Seeya
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:No surprises that the AFL paid PLuggers way up there.

And I really have to say that the Tippet move to Sydney doesn't sit right with me.
The tit for tat school boy crap between Colless et al is also a nonsense.
But the team who wins the GF shouldnt be able to to go and recruit the 3rd of 4th highest player in the land the following year. Tippet is definitely worth the equivalent of a number 1 draft pick to the Swans. It just seems profoundly unfair on the surface of it. I could have swallowed it if they had to trade their first round pick plus a semi decent player. On the other had the crows didn't deserve a fair deal from the trade given their shenanigans. So maybe you could argue the swans just benefited from the crows malfeasance.
Just seems like a case of 2 wrongs dont make a right. Sure the crows stuffed up - but that shouldnt mean a windfall to the swans either.
Apparantly the Crows were offered a first round pick and Jesse White which they rejected. Indeed a bigger c**k up than us with Luke Ball.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:No surprises that the AFL paid PLuggers way up there.

And I really have to say that the Tippet move to Sydney doesn't sit right with me.
The tit for tat school boy crap between Colless et al is also a nonsense.
But the team who wins the GF shouldnt be able to to go and recruit the 3rd of 4th highest player in the land the following year. Tippet is definitely worth the equivalent of a number 1 draft pick to the Swans. It just seems profoundly unfair on the surface of it. I could have swallowed it if they had to trade their first round pick plus a semi decent player. On the other had the crows didn't deserve a fair deal from the trade given their shenanigans. So maybe you could argue the swans just benefited from the crows malfeasance.
Just seems like a case of 2 wrongs dont make a right. Sure the crows stuffed up - but that shouldnt mean a windfall to the swans either.
Apparantly the Crows were offered a first round pick and Jesse White which they rejected. Indeed a bigger c**k up than us with Luke Ball.

Especially when they had to cop a fine lose staff and let him go for zip.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:Collingwood say it was a done deal him moving to vic park , so the only thing that got him to sydney was allot of money !

how much ? unless he says we'll probably never know .
Since the failure of sydney's private owners , the afl were bankrolling them from the late eighties. ( and probably still are )
Richardson refused to take Lockett at Collingwood because St Kilda demanded a trade which would have included his son. McAllister and Matthews were desperate for Lockett to go to Collingwood but Richardson and someone else who I can't remember now refused to deal. Lockett hated Waverley and wanted to play for a MCG team.
The AFL (SWans-same thing) were always going to have to pay something special for Lockett because he hated cities at the time (St Kilda had to buy him a farm in Cranbourne to get him to move closer to Moorabbin for training), and he and Barassi were having somewhat of a feud at the time after Lockett rearranged Caven's face and thrashed all the Swans players on his own in the Mothers' Day Massacre game in 1994.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
CURLY wrote:The AFL is a corrupt joke. Today The Hun reports that Cloke has signed a five year deal with Channel 9. What a efing joke.
And yet the likes of pluggerdemtriousbackside66 will defend his idol for eternity!

Do we know if Joey or Rooy have deals with channel 7 and dal with 9? They knocked back Judd and Selwood but not Cloke but i suppose Carlton arent a pwerful club unless its suits us when discussing something. And do we know the amount cloke is getting? Could be 20k or 100k but who knows. But they just want to look afer the Pies and now it is GWS and GC. I suppose thats why Tippett got to GWS. The AFL made sure of it.
Okay he didn't go to the Giants. But for the part he played in manipulating the draft they could have deregistered him for twelve months making him ineligible for this years draft, but they didn't. Don't you wonder why they didn't? :roll:

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
And yet the likes of pluggerdemtriousbackside66 will defend his idol for eternity!

Do we know if Joey or Rooy have deals with channel 7 and dal with 9? They knocked back Judd and Selwood but not Cloke but i suppose Carlton arent a pwerful club unless its suits us when discussing something. And do we know the amount cloke is getting? Could be 20k or 100k but who knows. But they just want to look afer the Pies and now it is GWS and GC. I suppose thats why Tippett got to GWS. The AFL made sure of it.
Okay he didn't go to the Giants. But for the part he played in manipulating the draft they could have deregistered him for twelve months making him ineligible for this years draft, but they didn't. Don't you wonder why they didn't? :roll:

I honestly can say I reckon 11 games was to much. he is only the player. The club and his manager should have got more. The Storm players didnt get anything at all and look how seriously the NRL took that.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So the AFL facilitated the move of our second greatest player (would be rated #1 if he played his Sydney games atStK) .... So he could be a marketing tool to save their basket case..... At StKs expense.....

That's awesome,

Especially for the long suffering fans...

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So the AFL facilitated the move of our second greatest player (would be rated #1 if he played his Sydney games atStK) .... So he could be a marketing tool to save their basket case..... At StKs expense.....

That's awesome,

Reckon the AFL monitor this site and know we're all misfits and mostly masochists.
They and their agents (umps.Kimmy.etc) put the skids under us whenever they think we might be getting close.
They know we're like the little old lady who has put her life savings through the pokies and will be back there next pension day.
WE HAVE oNLY OURSELVES TO BLAME!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So the AFL facilitated the move of our second greatest player (would be rated #1 if he played his Sydney games atStK) .... So he could be a marketing tool to save their basket case..... At StKs expense.....

That's awesome,

Hasn't this has been common knowledge since it happened?

Also channel 7 paid his swans contract, and remarkably his bad boy image evaporated overnight.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
rexy
SS Life Member

Think most of this is non news. Common knowledge that Lockett move to Sydney was supported by AFL, we were going to lose him anyway so no effect on us! AFL would be crazy not to use Franklin as a marketing tool if GWS can get him, they have to get him first though!
Bigger issues with a manufactured fixture IMO

Maybe this year?