Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps

magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:Cripps has some talent and I think he might be more motivated now he's home. It's a shame he didn't show loyalty to the Saints but so be it. I hope who ever we got with his pick is 10 times the player still.
Cripps has some talent but unfortunately is mentally weak. Not good enough to be an outside receiver.
The kid was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and had the horrible compartment syndrome while he was with us. He was a great trainer and gave it his all both at St Kilda and Sandy. To say he is mentally weak reflects more on your mental weakness.

Good luck Jamie, I hope life and footy goes well for you back home.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
gringo wrote:Cripps has some talent and I think he might be more motivated now he's home. It's a shame he didn't show loyalty to the Saints but so be it. I hope who ever we got with his pick is 10 times the player still.
Cripps has some talent but unfortunately is mentally weak. Not good enough to be an outside receiver.
The kid was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and had the horrible compartment syndrome while he was with us. He was a great trainer and gave it his all both at St Kilda and Sandy. To say he is mentally weak reflects more on your mental weakness.

Yeah no worries arsewipe

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, good luck Crippsy. Hope you completely stuff it up this week and never play another senior game like your mate Tommy Walsh.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Crips 'trained' well at StK

That's why he got a game! Bit different when there's opposition. It's obvious I don't rate him, we'll see.

I think he'll be the same marshmallow.....

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

We selected Cripps with our first draft pick, gave him the Robert Harvey jumper, gave him games and every opportunity to thrive and develop... but the sook wanted to go home. Hope he rots in hot dry hell over there.

He was weak over head anyways.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
dragit
Saintsational Legend

You guys are very harsh… 20 year old wants to return 3,500 KM to be near family, fair enough. Let him be.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:You guys are very harsh… 20 year old wants to return 3,500 KM to be near family, fair enough. Let him be.
Yep, it's disappointing he chose to leave. But that's all it is.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

dragit wrote:You guys are very harsh… 20 year old wants to return 3,500 KM to be near family, fair enough. Let him be.
If you take away the admittedly harsh language I don't think it is unfair to be a little sore. Our football club invested a lot into him and we got no thanks for it at the end of the day.

I believe if a club selects you, especially first draft pick, then you have a healthy obligation to that club to return service. Maybe fifty games, maybe one hundred games, but give something back. It is otherwise disrespectful and does not boast strong character.

And what crock about a poor twenty year old man missing his family while trying to calve out an elite sports career. I had travelled around the world and living away from home (Perth) in Sydney by the time I was twenty. And I'm a big girl really.

I mean, you know, come on!

felix
Club Player

If you can't be a true Saint you should leave. His heart wasn't in this club so goodbye good luck farewell ciao .

dragit
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:
If you take away the admittedly harsh language I don't think it is unfair to be a little sore. Our football club invested a lot into him and we got no thanks for it at the end of the day.

I believe if a club selects you, especially first draft pick, then you have a healthy obligation to that club to return service. Maybe fifty games, maybe one hundred games, but give something back. It is otherwise disrespectful and does not boast strong character.

And what crock about a poor twenty year old man missing his family while trying to calve out an elite sports career. I had travelled around the world and living away from home (Perth) in Sydney by the time I was twenty. And I'm a big girl really.

I don't think he asked us to take him with our first pick… he didn't ask for #35… we drafted him, and it sounds like we didn't do enough due diligence as it was, we didn't even know he had diabetes. As Bernard pointed out, he also had compartment syndrome which is pretty serious. He's had some pretty serious health issues and maybe he needs the support of his family.

You travelled the world without home sickness, well done. This guy is different to you & struggling, just the way it is. Again maybe the club picked the wrong bloke.

Chris Judd, premiership captain wanted to do exactly the same thing so it should be alright for basically a kid to do the same. I was disappointed too, but wishing him to rot in hell or never play again is just pathetic.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:

i'm hoping...no..i'm tipping that murdoch will be a far far better player...if he's half as good as his brother...we are on a winner....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you stinger (hurts to say that), Jordan Murdoch looks like ripper, hopefully Brodie is too. B.T.W we took cripps with pick 24 in a compromised draft, so getting 41 & an upgraded pick isn't the worst deal ever.

The only real problem I have with cripps leaving is the fact that he only nominated 1 club, like Ball. Dilutes your bargaining power completely, one can only assume that he doesn't think much of Ross.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:

Isnt Hickey pretty much exactly the same. Wanted to come to Melbourne to be with his girlfriend. Dont reckon he is a sook and neither is Cripps.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

dragit wrote:
millarsaint wrote:

I don't think he asked us to take him with our first pick… he didn't ask for #35… we drafted him, and it sounds like we didn't do enough due diligence as it was, we didn't even know he had diabetes. As Bernard pointed out, he also had compartment syndrome which is pretty serious. He's had some pretty serious health issues and maybe he needs the support of his family.

You travelled the world without home sickness, well done. This guy is different to you & struggling, just the way it is. Again maybe the club picked the wrong bloke.

Chris Judd, premiership captain wanted to do exactly the same thing so it should be alright for basically a kid to do the same. I was disappointed too, but wishing him to rot in hell or never play again is just pathetic.
Alright, but in my opinion you are being too kind. Chris Judd is a good example - paid his dues at WCE.
For the record I don't give two old bananas about other players from other clubs. Cripps is now in that category. Same as Walsh. And I don't wish any of them well. You might just have to get over that.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:

Well aren't you the hero! Good luck to you too.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I can't speak from personal experience without being ridiculed because you don't agree? Cheap shot mate.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I'm with you stinger (hurts to say that), Jordan Murdoch looks like ripper, hopefully Brodie is too. B.T.W we took cripps with pick 24 in a compromised draft, so getting 41 & an upgraded pick isn't the worst deal ever.

The only real problem I have with cripps leaving is the fact that he only nominated 1 club, like Ball. Dilutes your bargaining power completely, one can only assume that he doesn't think much of Ross.
:wink:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Explain how a compromised draft makes a difference..... He was selected with the 24pick in any case.

Great pick, he was....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i'm hoping that cripps is the substitute...that he comes on in the last quarter...kicks a couple and steals the match for the weagles...in a real up yours lyon..... would make my day actually..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :twisted:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Explain how a compromised draft makes a difference..... He was selected with the 24pick in any case.

Great pick, he was....
Agreed, BM. There are only two words that come to mind when I think of Jamie Cripps. Jack Darling. Another tragic recruiting blunder.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i'm hoping that cripps is the substitute...that he comes on in the last quarter...kicks a couple and steals the match for the weagles...in a real up yours lyon..... would make my day actually..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :twisted:
He's only good for 5 minutes. Lyon gave him a go but he didnt do enough for a full game. He's neither strong enough or robust enough. He may take a few years to develop or he may stagnate. Personally I don't think he's good enough.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

So why didn't Cripps want to go Fremantle? Or am I assuming that? Maybe WCE offered better terms.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Ross would have made him continue his apprenticeship.

sainters4eva
Club Player

Started on the ground. Just took a good strong mark and converted.