Aaron Hamill – Reversed the Curse of the Blues

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Re: Aaron Hamill – Reversed the Curse of the Blues

Found this little gem on youtube for all...

2004 game against Carlscum... (highlights)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUuurtCWYk

enjoy

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Pity we couldn't get those last 2 games from him for father son :(

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
supersaints
Club Player

Good post however I think you are innacurate to say that Hamill left for money. as I understand it John Elliott lambasted and humiliated Hamill at Carltons best and fairest dinner. Elliott basically blamed him for Carltons failure and elliot stated that he was overpaid ( from memory it was a about a particular final loss)
Hamill was so pissed off he walked out Vowed never to play for the scumbags again.
I was told this by a Carlton player at the time (who said he was present).
I also seem to recall reading something along those lines in the media.
This was in the brown paper bag days, severe salary cap breaches and rortdthey used to get up to. If Hamill wanted to stay they would have easily found the money outside of the salary cap.

I don't believe for a moment that had Elliott not been the drunken abusive a-hole

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

supersaints wrote:Good post however I think you are innacurate to say that Hamill left for money. as I understand it John Elliott lambasted and humiliated Hamill at Carltons best and fairest dinner. Elliott basically blamed him for Carltons failure and elliot stated that he was overpaid ( from memory it was a about a particular final loss)
Hamill was so pissed off he walked out Vowed never to play for the scumbags again.
This was in the brown paper bag days, severe salary cap breaches and rortdthey used to get up to. If Hamill wanted to stay they would have easily found the money outside of the salary cap.

I don't believe for a moment that had Elliott not been the drunken abusive a-hole
Yes, I remember this version of events. Elliott abused him, and he walked.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

bit like Lyon did to Ball in GF 09.

kalsaint
Club Player

Verdun66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:Good post however I think you are innacurate to say that Hamill left for money. as I understand it John Elliott lambasted and humiliated Hamill at Carltons best and fairest dinner. Elliott basically blamed him for Carltons failure and elliot stated that he was overpaid ( from memory it was a about a particular final loss)

Yes, I remember this version of events. Elliott abused him, and he walked.
Gtreat post, I too have had the scouge of blue bagger ferals hassle me for about 2/3 of my life. They have continually referred to the monopoly they expected for setting up near contracts with all the best youth across the country in the 60. 70's and 80's. Then Kaboom, welcome tot the salary cap gents. Carlton never knew how to manage and resorted to cheating that all came unstuck.

Nowadays I just love the 17 from 19 recent history. Love the 25000 wooden spoons left at Optus Oval. Love the strings of wins over this mob. Love the torment of losses on their Talking Carlton site. Love seeing misfits like Mark McCURE lose the plot after also spending some time at the Saints. Love the way their supporters cry about being the Saints bitches and the fact that many hate us more than Collingwood! Love the teasing those supporters over here (WA) who still wear their colours at old timers footy training as I tell them the magpies must have dropped some sh!t from above and its now stuck to their jumper.

Love to see this club fall in a heap every year at some point and loved the early crash out of finals more recently after promising so much (ha). Love the fact that I now have so many relations and friends that now cop more than I used to ever cop from their lot 15-25 years ago.

Hate the suckers and only love the misery more. They are now also rans since they cant cheati or plunder the country's youth anymore.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency