The club is falling apart at the seams...again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: The club is falling apart at the seams...again

Just wait till Melbourne give us a good pantsing this weekend.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

The rebellion is what I am concerned about.

Anyways I won't give up on the saints...maybe just afl. Think I will focus on districts and vfl for a bit. Couple of seasons watching grass roots footy will fix me up I reckon

#1 Ryder fan
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Microwave meet membership,........

:!: 8-)

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

And yea I think we are at risk of the club and coach losing the players. Look out if we lose to the dees as I think we may

#1 Ryder fan
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Lose to Melbourne, lol, F*** me, I am a pessimistic as they come,but we won't get beat by that rabble,not a chance in hell,so toughen up FFS.

If the players want to have a tanty then F*** them off, most probably the senior lot that are doing it.

We will be here a lot longer than this current crop of players. The next time we make a grand final we will be the one's wishing our lives on success,whilst the players of today will be wanting us to lose due to there bitter memories. We are the Stkilda football club, not some overpaid employee who will go and take a coaching role at the filth when there time is up

Bring back the Lockett era
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Lose to Melbourne, lol, F*** me, I am a pessimistic as they come,but we won't get beat by that rabble,not a chance in hell,so toughen up FFS.

If the players want to have a tanty then F*** them off, most probably the senior lot that are doing it.

We will be here a lot longer than this current crop of players. The next time we make a grand final we will be the one's wishing our lives on success,whilst the players of today will be wanting us to lose due to there bitter memories. We are the Stkilda football club, not some overpaid employee who will go and take a coaching role at the filth when there time is up
ditto!
couldn't bring myself to typing +1

Buckets
SS Life Member

MC Gusto wrote:And yea I think we are at risk of the club and coach losing the players. Look out if we lose to the dees as I think we may

If you read the reports the Coach had nothing to do with the boards and AFL's call.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:The rebellion is what I am concerned about.
What Rebellion???

Are you concerned about the one made up by the media???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

If anything, sticking up for Milney is a good thing. It means they are united as a playing group. Expect a ten goal win this week.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote: If the players want to have a tanty then F*** them off, most probably the senior lot that are doing it.
Didn't realise that seeking clarification on a certain issue is now considered as "having a tanty" :roll:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
jonesy wrote: If the players want to have a tanty then F*** them off, most probably the senior lot that are doing it.
Didn't realise that seeking clarification on a certain issue is now considered as "having a tanty" :roll:

Didn't realise "if" meant 'they did'..

Bring back the Lockett era
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Didn't realise "if" meant 'they did'..
Yet the association was clear :wink:

PJ
SS Life Member

Players need an excuse to vent......enter Melbourne. 14 goal victory for mine.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:The one positive about this season was the squeaky clean off field image we maintained.

Now we are in the media for all the wrong reasons - again and today I find myself reading about player rebellions.

I must admit I am border line giving up. It's too much and has been too hard for too long. Can't help but feel we are cursed.
Give it away before it's too late

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
older saint
SS Life Member

You learn more about people ( and organisations) during times of hardship than during times of success. This will be a great test for the group and club. I expect after the committal based on their being held that there is a charge to answer to and bail granted Milne will play again - will allow the heat to go out of it a little. I expect he will retire at years end and like Lovett in some ways be gone from the club by the time it goes to court. Care and clearheaded decision making is required - remove the emotion and do what is best for the group

dragit
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:You learn more about people ( and organisations) during times of hardship than during times of success. This will be a great test for the group and club. I expect after the committal based on their being held that there is a charge to answer to and bail granted Milne will play again - will allow the heat to go out of it a little. I expect he will retire at years end and like Lovett in some ways be gone from the club by the time it goes to court. Care and clearheaded decision making is required - remove the emotion and do what is best for the group
Spot on.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

the players simply sought clarification from the club as to what was happening ,so i don't see how the club is falling apart.
The club no doubt under pressure from the afl have stood him down until after july 5 .
The players with the backing of their association would have maybe boycotted if it was sanctioned by the club and not the afl as a restriction of trade !
As we are a small club , if we had gone against the wishes of the afl , then the club would have got whacked again .
e.g. next year 10 twilight games ! :wink:

In red white and black from 73
markp
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:Markp, I must admit that the latest development, in my opinion, isn't a good look.

I thought it was handled perfectly, but the newest bit seems a bit amateurish to me.
Agree.

Johnny Member wrote:My take:

The club stood Milne down to appease the public and protect the image of the club. I have no problem with that. And, I might add, it seemed obvious to me that that was the case. I was surprised by the reaction to be honest.

However the fact that its become public that the club effectively admitted that to players, is a bit amateurish. They should have told the players (if they didn't realise it already) but it should have never have been leaked to the public.
Agree.

To me it looks like the tail is being allowed to wag the dog here.

Why not just let him play this week if they're going to let him play in a few weeks anyway?

The appearance is that the club has changed its mind, or had it changed for it, 3 times on this... and counting.

I personally cant see how him playing again before the case is resolved will work, without negatively impacting the club.

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Just wait till Melbourne give us a good pantsing this weekend.
Geez... imagine.

philtee
Club Player

Spot on oldersaint. Talk of rebellion is a Caroline Wilson-led beat-up. Members contemplating their
association with the Club shows it wasn't very strong to begin with.
More serious is the way info is leaking out of the Club's upper echelons, seemingly straight into
Caro's left ear. Maybe, to quote Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy..."There's a mole, right at the top of the circus".

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:And yea I think we are at risk of the club and coach losing the players. Look out if we lose to the dees as I think we may

If you read the reports the Coach had nothing to do with the boards and AFL's call.
They way I heard it was the coach is with the players and met with the board, if anything it sounds like there would be no split between coach and players

I love this club
maverick
Saintsational Legend

The last time this came up, we won 10 in a row, any chance that can happen again?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If the club does fall apart it won't be because of the players.

It won't be because of the President or the Board. It won't be because of the AFL or the Corporate Sponsors. And it won't even be because of the media.

It will be because of us supporters. If we fight amongst ourselves; criticise those trying to run the club; re-open old wounds or if simply give up following the club, that would be the biggest threat to our 140 year existence.

We must not give those who do not follow this great club of ours the opportunity to ridicule, belittle and weaken the St Kilda Football Club.

Hold steady Sainters - Fortius Quo Fidelius

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:If the club does fall apart it won't be because of the players.

It won't be because of the President or the Board. It won't be because of the AFL or the Corporate Sponsors. And it won't even be because of the media.

It will be because of us supporters. If we fight amongst ourselves; criticise those trying to run the club; re-open old wounds or if simply give up following the club, that would be the biggest threat to our 140 year existence.

We must not give those who do not follow this great club of ours the opportunity to ridicule, belittle and weaken the St Kilda Football Club.

Hold steady Sainters - Fortius Quo Fidelius
worth giving more than a thought to

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

blimey red if we drop this game to the rabble, then shesh i wont know what to think

surely not
surely

:?