SAINTS can’t afford to keep WATTERS!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: SAINTS can’t afford to keep WATTERS!

Denis Pagan had a great record with young players before he stepped up to senior ranks and it would be great to get him on board, though it will never happen. Some coaches just have that knack of getting the most out of young teams. Although Laidley is in the coaches box with Watters, I would like to see an older, wiser head in a mentor role.

On the Ball
Club Player

Has anyone actually asked the coach what the game plan is and what style of play they are trying to execute on the field? I would love to know what he tells the players to do pre-match, because when they get out on the ground, they have NFI what they are doing. The back half was a shambles tonight. No one takes accountability or offers up any leadership, apart from the Captain. Take Kossi to Perth next week, and leave him there. He does not offer anything. Can someone please tell me when Dal Santo last had an impact on a match - have we ever had such a sheepdog playing for us!? Rhys Stanley - can the coach tell us if he is a forward, or a back. Or a ruckman. For a guy thats 6'5", Ive never seen anyone dislike body contact so much and not want the ball to come to him. Seriously, have a look at the list, and if they arent part of the future, dont play them and get rid of them - Dal, Stanley, Jones - just dont play them any more. Try the kids and if they dont stand up, off load them as well. The senior players (apart from Roo) still player like Lenny and BJ are running around. Who has stepped up. None of them. Still waiting for the coach to also let us know if we are rebuilding, in transition, referbishing, starting again, or anything. He is up there with Tim Watson as a coach.
Last edited by On the Ball on Sun 30 Jun 2013 9:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Little Dozer wrote:Shortly after his appointment Watters announced that Kosi and Blake were required players. The writing was on the wall way back then...
Yeah he needs to commit to a rebuild and stop trying to have a bet each way.

I think he thinks he can develop a new side but use the older guys to win enough games to keep his job.

Its just not working.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Shortly after his appointment Watters announced that Kosi and Blake were required players. The writing was on the wall way back then...
Yeah he needs to commit to a rebuild and stop trying to have a bet each way.

I think he thinks he can develop a new side but use the older guys to win enough games to keep his job.

Its just not working.

Con did you watch tonight? our players where not working not our coach

Fortius Quo Fidelius
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Its not just about sacking the coach. I would be happy for WATTER to remain if he was generating some excitement/energy/enthusiasm around the place but he is not and never has! He looks like he has taken on too much and it is all completely over whelming for him. He never sounds like he has total faith in his systems or the team - he is not the type of person the players are playing for.

His matchups and positional moves throughout games are second rate.

His selection and rationale for players getting games are very questionable?

If you ask me who would be a better coach or a suitable replacement - Rocket EADE, Paul ROOS they are out there !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Joffa once again if someone has a differing opinion to yourself you start with the ridicule - very mature!

Perhaps you could respond with adding how WATTERS has improved the SAINTS game plan, how the players are able to implement the plan and how he is going to lead us out of this trough?

Or perhaps you can enlighten us on how our fitness levels have plummeted from the top echelon to nearly the worst under WATTERS?

How a number of other clubs in the last trade/draft period saw benefit in picking up state league defenders - but our club decided we didn't need them under WATTERS?

How there is no camaraderie between the Sandringham VFL and AFL players at our club which has continued under WATTERS?

How it is when players like JONES are still getting a game when CURREN and LEDGER are rotting in the VFL under WATTERS?

You constant carping and boorish lightweight analysis DEMANDS ridicule.

Your analysis is bording on idiocy.

You dont want answers to questions, you just want a scapegoat because outr list is very poor ATM.

it shows the sign of a weak mind to bleat SACK THE COACH SACK THE COACH.

However read your idiotic blathering over the past couple of years it is patently obvious your mind is weak and you are pretty brainless.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:Its not just about sacking the coach. I would be happy for WATTER to remain if he was generating some excitement/energy/enthusiasm
Oh so thats it , you want some EXCITEMENT. Oh so sorry :roll: :roll:
WinnersOnly wrote:His matchups and positional moves throughout games are second rate.
Motherhood blatherings
WinnersOnly wrote:His selection and rationale for players getting games are very questionable?
Motherhood blatherings
WinnersOnly wrote:If you ask me who would be a better coach or a suitable replacement - Rocket EADE, Paul ROOS they are out there !
Oh FFS

InnerOnly the saints clown wants Eade or Roos :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
On the Ball
Club Player

Back to Smurfland for him I think

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

HEY EVERYONE if the players are not working hard enough it is the COACHING Teams responsibility to engender that work ethic, enthusiasm and belief. Why do you think HINKLEY has had the immediate success it's because their players WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM - they have belief in him. If PRIMUS was still there they would still be a cot case!

noob
Club Player

R.Harvey next in line for coach perhaps if things don't go well for Watters?

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Its not just about sacking the coach. I would be happy for WATTER to remain if he was generating some excitement/energy/enthusiasm
Oh so thats it , you want some EXCITEMENT. Oh so sorry :roll: :roll:
WinnersOnly wrote:His matchups and positional moves throughout games are second rate.
Motherhood blatherings
WinnersOnly wrote:His selection and rationale for players getting games are very questionable?
Motherhood blatherings
WinnersOnly wrote:If you ask me who would be a better coach or a suitable replacement - Rocket EADE, Paul ROOS they are out there !
Oh FFS

InnerOnly the saints clown wants Eade or Roos :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JOFFA are you shagging WATTERS perhaps you can make some baby SMURFS together! Lets hope they a red and brown like yourself - full of shyte on the inside!

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:HEY EVERYONE if the players are not working hard enough it is the COACHING Teams responsibility to engender that work ethic, enthusiasm and belief. Why do you think HINKLEY has had the immediate success it's because their players WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM - they have belief in him. If PRIMUS was still there they would still be a cot case!
no it's not you idiot, its up to the players to keep it going... they bought it inthe 1st qrt... what brainache watters told them to stop that was enough?

ITs UP TO THE PLAYERS TO KEEP IT ONN ALL THE COACH CAN DO IS INSTRUCT... ALL I SAW TONIGHT WAS THE SAINTS STOP.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

As they guys on SEN said after the game.

Answer this.

"what did Scott inherit"

A big royal mess of a list, that's what.

Everyone can go on until the cows come home that Ross didn't stay because we didn't make him feel wanted, he was SO looking for a reason to go....and if you look at from the perspective of his being a 'career coach' it may well of been his undoing.

Not that it justifies his leaving BTW.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:As they guys on SEN said after the game.

Answer this.

"what did Scott inherit"

Everyone can go on until the cows come home that Ross didn't stay because we didn't make him feel wanted, he was SO looking for a reason to go....and if you look at from the perspective of his being a 'career coach' it may well of been his undoing.

thank u K, WO seems to think Watters got a top 4 side list and is wreaking it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sack the whole club and start again. that has as much depth as this topic.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

sasaint wrote:When you see the transformation that Hinkley has had on a developing team like Port Power you know a coach can make a difference. No one is questioning Hinkley atm because he is delivering on his contract. Why be sensitive to questioning if Watters is delivering? Is it really all the teams fault?
100%

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Hinkley has half a dozen top 10 pick, entering their prime… we have one armo

just can't be compared…

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Our list is not as bad as Watters would have people think. The team aren't fit enough this year and they seem to be having far too many re-occurring injury issues which is the responsibility of the coach and his fitness team. There is no doubt we would be a better team with our more senior players in form and playing but that again rests with the coach! People can blame the holes in the list for as long as they like, but without a decent coaching and fitness team any list would not improve. Again look at the Port Adelaide example !

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:[JOFFA are you shagging WATTERS

I think Watters shagged your wife..

sad saints clown Innersonly say "Watters shagged my wife". Thats why I write this drivvel every week.

Cabbage :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
SainterK wrote:As they guys on SEN said after the game.

Answer this.

"what did Scott inherit"

thank u K, WO seems to think Watters got a top 4 side list and is wreaking it.
WO has the analytical ability of a gnat.

He writes absolute BS motherhood statements with absoluutely no knowledge of the situation as if it is fact.

He is a troubling reminder of the poor culture this club had prior to the previous decade.

Players aren't good enough - SACK THE COACH.

That will fix it. We will be back top four next year if all we did was SACK THE COACH.

We would win the flag in 2015 if we SACKED THE COACH.

Nothing else needs to be done but SACK THE COACH and everything will turn around.

Imbicilic. :roll:

Lance or James??

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Our list is not as bad as Watters would have people think. The team aren't fit enough this year and they seem to be having far too many re-occurring injury issues which is the responsibility of the coach and his fitness team. There is no doubt we would be a better team with our more senior players in form and playing but that again rests with the coach! People can blame the holes in the list for as long as they like, but without a decent coaching and fitness team any list would not improve. Again look at the Port Adelaide example !
ok idiot you want to play the kids, and you complain we're not fit enough? You can't have it both ways

if you swaped in any coach right now IT WILL NOT HELP US

Fortius Quo Fidelius
noddy
Club Player

dragit wrote:http://youtu.be/M9SHUIZTzGA

great tune.

I have that open in another tab while I'm reading this thread. I can't stop laughing.

Image In Richo we trust.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think we have been selecting really well for what picks we had. Wright looks a gun, Newnes is at least a solid quality player with huge potential, Murdoch and Saunders, Seb Ross look good too. We haven't really seen Markworth, Lee and White to know and we have several others that could all still be players. We have several All Australians or a graders missing or gone in Lenny, Goddard, Gilbert, Fisher, Gram etc. Luke Ball is also gone from that list too.

We have delisted or traded away Zac and Raph who were polarisers but at least kept us competitive. There are kids holding down posts that these guys held and in Zac's case just not replaced.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

noddy wrote:
dragit wrote:http://youtu.be/M9SHUIZTzGA

great tune.

I have that open in another tab while I'm reading this thread. I can't stop laughing.
Cheers.
Sometimes it just works... Doesn't it?

Here is the A side, should also work for some tonight's threads

http://youtu.be/1oofM5ttD6c