Last quarter fade outs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Last quarter fade outs

A couple of questions.

1. How many players does a club need who can go through the midfield rotation and make a genuine contribution?

2. How many do we have?

Yes, we have a number of young players still developing a fitness base/tank and that will take a couple of seasons.

But I do wonder about several of small forwards who don't seem to have the versatility to ... or haven't been given the opportunity to ... contribute on the ball.

We are asking a hell of a lot of guys like Steven and McEvoy.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Last quarter fade outs

White Winmar wrote:OTC showed a ladder based on last quarter "wins". PA were first with 11 wins and 2 losses. We were 17th with 2 wins and 11 losses. Even Melbourne is ahead of us on this score. Fitness and conditioning staff, please explain. That is an abysmal and unacceptable record.
I know a lot of people on here don't agree with me but I think PA's rise this year is more about Hinkley and burgess their new fitness guy rather than some magical maturity in draft picks they have accumulated over the last 4 years. Self belief and superior fitness go a long way.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.