Sick of these scandals at this club!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sick of these scandals at this club!

satchmo wrote:
gringo wrote: I liked this years controversy. If you go down at least make it's so surreal no one knows wether to laugh or cry.
Yes! Gonzo Monday!

Next year we are tasering Koalas in front of pregnant Lesbian couples. Need new door bitches but.
you sir are a wordsmith.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:You mean the school girl thing where we got dragged through the mud for months with lies from the media? Even now after it was proven to be a lie we get labelled with it.
How did it even start?

Because Gilbert and Armo gave her one?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

who wants to add to this list ??

Ryan Cook of Collingwood is investigated for an alleged assault of a man causing facial injuries requiring surgery.

Sharrod Wellingham, a Collingwood rookie, was charged with drink-driving having recorded a blood alcohol content reading of 0.13,
he lost his licence for a year. Collingwood announced they were cutting ties with the TAC sponsorship shortly after. It was the
third serious traffic infringement for a Collingwood player during the period of the safe driving sponsorship.

On August 3, 2008 Collingwood's Heath Shaw was arrested for drink driving with a blood alcohol level of 0.14 after crashing his
car into two parked cars. The following day, Collingwood's President Eddie McGuire said that Collingwood wouldn't suspend Shaw
from playing. It later became known that Shaw, club captain Scott Burns and McGuire were incorrect in regards to insisting
that Collingwood player Alan Didak wasn't in the car at the time of the accident. Collingwood suspended Heath Shaw indefintely
and Didak for the remainder of the season for lying to the club; Rhyce Shaw was suspended for two matches for drinking whilst injured.

Brodie Holland was fined $2,500 for his role in a fight with a young woman over a taxi cab. After Hollands
fiancee was involved in a scuffle with the woman, Holland approached calling the woman a "stupid ****"
before trying to tackle her, placing her in a headlock after which she bit him on the stomach, before striking
her in the head with his fist. His court appearance was pushed back on two occasions so not to clash with his
football commitments; once he faced court no conviction was recorded and no punishment handed out from his club, Collingwood.

Alan Didak was questioned by police in June over his acquaintance with Christopher Wayne Hudson, who Didak drank with at 4am in a strip
club before a wild ride in the week before the CBD shootings

Brodie Holland is charged with assaulting two women out the front of a Melbourne nightclub

Dane Swan, Aaron Ramsay and Kade Carey were found guilty of criminal damage and assault charges arising from
a brawl at Federation Square where they attacked a cleaner and three security guards after Carey jumped on a parked car.

Chad Morrison was caught drink-driving and loses his licence. Collingwood is sponsored by the
Transport Accident Commission which fined the club $200,000, and fined Morrison $20,000.

Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson, of Collingwood, were investigated over a brawl at a Port Melbourne nightclub
carpark on July 30, where a 28 year-old man is rendered unconscious and brought to hospital with facial
injuries.Both players are fined $5,000 by their club for breaking a 1am curfew. This brought the number
of Collingwood footballers to be charged or questioned by police in 2006 to five.Club President Eddie
McGuire condemned the players' behaviour but refused to suggest they would be suspended. Johnson appeared
before a magistrate charged with recklessly causing injury and unlawful assault but avoided conviction.

Alan Didak, of Collingwood, was arrested after a dispute with a taxi driver on October
6, 2006.It was reported that he disputed a $15 fare difference with taxi driver, and was
taken to the Melbourne Custody Centre to sober up, before being released. The club confirmed this in an official statement.

Collingwood players Chris Egan, Leon Davis and Shannon Cox were all suspended for breaking team rules.

Alan Didak was fined $1,500 for giving the Fremantle cheer squad the "double finger" at Subiaco in Round 7.

Cameron Cloke of Collingwood was caught doing 144 km/h in a 100km/h zone

In a July match against Geelong, Collingwood captain Nathan Buckley sustained a cut on his forehead. He wiped the blood on Cameron Ling's guernsey, and suspension talks ensued

Collingwood player Chris Tarrant was fined for careless and unlicensed driving

Kickit
Club Player

I'm still stunned and shocked that they managed to keep this one under the rug.

And if Milne's case needed re-opening what would you say about this?

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/the-com ... 2inhd.html

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Biggest myth in football is that the Saints have a 'culture' issue.

Fair dinkum. If this is the best they can drag up, then quite clearly we're actually pretty bloody clean!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

BAD

We set fire to a Dwarf.

GOOD

We put him out.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:I'm still stunned and shocked that they managed to keep this one under the rug.

Collinwood have a lot more power compared to us…

The Herald Sun need access to the big clubs, for interviews and stories… it sells their papers. So they will not cross Eddie and write nasty "DAYNE BEAMS RAPIST" headlines… for risk of being black banned.

Whereas St Kilda… trashing our name sells more papers than the feel good stories, and we can't afford to ban publications access to our players as we are desperate for exposure.

Cruel world.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Not looking fwd to Milney going to court. From what I hear it's none too pretty the gory details, and he stupidly tried to explain himself in his record of interview rather than exercise his right to silence. Regardless of whether he's found guilty or not (I still think not, despite what I've heard) I don't think the whole thing will reflect well on him as an individual and indirectly, the club.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's why I don't think joey should be captain.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Kickit wrote:I'm still stunned and shocked that they managed to keep this one under the rug.

The Herald Sun need access to the big clubs, for interviews and stories… it sells their papers. So they will not cross Eddie and write nasty "DAYNE BEAMS RAPIST" headlines… for risk of being black banned.

Whereas St Kilda… trashing our name sells more papers than the feel good stories, and we can't afford to ban publications access to our players as we are desperate for exposure.

Cruel world.

Totally disagree. bad news sells papers. Pies are clearly the biggest club and also clearly the most hated club. More papers would be sold if there was bad news about the pies. Our problems have occurred because it has all happened in the last 3 or 4 years and also because we are unsuccessful on the field premiership wise.

And to anyone who doesnt think bad news matters at all then they are living in fantasy land. One off think like this beat up wont matter ut when you add it to other incidents it does matter.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:It's why I don't think joey should be captain.
WTF this whole dwarf thing is a crock of s***. The little guy is using the story as mileage for reasons best known to himself. Worse things happen in the day. He hasnt been injured and apparently stuck around until the end so why all the hoo har????

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Kickit
Club Player

In the last 3 or 4 years is exactly when the event I referenced occurred.
Read it.
Between the lines it looks suspiciously like the police found their scapegoat, to avoid having to look to closely at the Collingwood players.

Can you really say that what Milne is alleged to have done 8 YEARS AGO, is worse?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:In the last 3 or 4 years is exactly when the event I referenced occurred.
Read it.
Between the lines it looks suspiciously like the police found their scapegoat, to avoid having to look to closely at the Collingwood players.

Can you really say that what Milne is alleged to have done 8 YEARS AGO, is worse?

So we now have the police picking on us and letting the pies get away with things. We are not animals, we are human beings.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Cruel world.

Totally disagree. bad news sells papers. Pies are clearly the biggest club and also clearly the most hated club. More papers would be sold if there was bad news about the pies. Our problems have occurred because it has all happened in the last 3 or 4 years and also because we are unsuccessful on the field premiership wise.

And to anyone who doesnt think bad news matters at all then they are living in fantasy land. One off think like this beat up wont matter ut when you add it to other incidents it does matter.
Can you explain why Beams wasn't named & linked to Duthie with a Collingwood emblem in the papers like our players were?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Cruel world.

Can you explain why Beams wasn't named & linked to Duthie with a Collingwood emblem in the papers like our players were?
The incident started because the school girl initially claimed Gilbert had spoken to her at footy clinic and then she later said he got her pregnant. There would have been no story whatsoever if it was just about having sex with a girl because my guess is that happens about 5000 times a year with footballers and girls.

If there was no footy clinic and no bulls*** pregnancy do you honestly think anyone would have ran a story with a heading like Girl has sex with a saints footballer?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
WTF this whole dwarf thing is a crock of s***. The little guy is using the story as mileage for reasons best known to himself. Worse things happen in the day. He hasnt been injured and apparently stuck around until the end so why all the hoo har????
Not for the dwarf incident and hiring, which btw wasn't his finest moment, but because we don't need the captain in and out of court at a rape case.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I have to agree.
Whatever the details are - be a bigger man. Apologise to Blake shell out 200 bucks and move on.
A bit petty to play hard ball with a dwarf.
I wouldnt be upset if we traded Joey now. Had an awesome year and would have some value. We might get a first rounder for him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
dragit wrote:

Collingwood are a litigious club- the story on their testing players post 2010 GF when there was a spate of elevated HGH tests was taken down in about 2 days. The Beams case was taken down quickly etc. They are very good at brand protection. They pay their legal staff- we have board members we pull out to write cease and desist letters pro bono.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Collingwood are a litigious club- the story on their testing players post 2010 GF when there was a spate of elevated HGH tests was taken down in about 2 days. The Beams case was taken down quickly etc. They are very good at brand protection. They pay their legal staff- we have board members we pull out to write cease and desist letters pro bono.

Can you actually explain what beams did in the Duthie case that would even be slightly mentioned as news. As for HGH well if it was true it wouldnt matter how much you threatened to sue.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The levels of hypocrisy in the ACA show were unbelievable. This from a channel that regularly exploits people with intellectual shortcomings for "entertainment" on "street talk"

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Kickit
Club Player

Somewhere in all the sordid Duthie goings on's she had a relationship with Beams.
It was ( eventually ) reported that she had a one nighter with Armitage ( not the whole team Orgy that was originally implied by the media ).
She late caught up with Gilbert, and formed some sort of ongoing relationship.
I'm not sure when and where the Beams thing happened, but when it was all done and dusted her social media comments made it clear she still liked Gilbert well enough, but did not like Beams AT ALL.

I don't know that there was any great scandal by Beams in it all, it was just that it was kept "hidden" at the time.

I do wonder how much other Collingwood stuff is kept well hidden, maybe we can convince Harry O that its his moral duty to divulge it all.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:Somewhere in all the sordid Duthie goings on's she had a relationship with Beams.
It was ( eventually ) reported that she had a one nighter with Armitage ( not the whole team Orgy that was originally implied by the media ).
She late caught up with Gilbert, and formed some sort of ongoing relationship.
I'm not sure when and where the Beams thing happened, but when it was all done and dusted her social media comments made it clear she still liked Gilbert well enough, but did not like Beams AT ALL.

I don't know that there was any great scandal by Beams in it all, it was just that it was kept "hidden" at the time.

I do wonder how much other Collingwood stuff is kept well hidden, maybe we can convince Harry O that its his moral duty to divulge it all.

It would have all been hidden if it wasnt claimed by her that the players met at a footy clinic. if they were just all having sex with her then there is no story at all.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: It would have all been hidden if it wasnt claimed by her that the players met at a footy clinic. if they were just all having sex with her then there is no story at all.
Would have been a story if she'd been a dwarf.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote: It would have all been hidden if it wasnt claimed by her that the players met at a footy clinic. if they were just all having sex with her then there is no story at all.
Would have been a story if she'd been a dwarf.

Your on fire.

Kickit
Club Player

I always thought that:
If a girl really did get pregnant to a footy player she met at a clinic, would the best thing for her to explode her name all over the media?
In the case of Duthie, when the principal informed the police and the education department ( as he was right to do given the information he had been given ), someone in those organisations grossly neglected their duty of care to inform the media.