Thanks to Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks to Ross Lyon

Enrico_Misso wrote:I respect Ross as a tactician and coach.
But as a person he lacks integrity.

Hope the AFL make him play at Kardinia Park next week and they get PULVERISED
I never forgave Ross for the way he blamed bad kicking in one quarter of football or his continued penchant for finding excuses that deflected from his inadequacies and mistakes.

Time heals for me as a fan and I can appreciate that as professionals the players and Ross will always have a bond for being on the journey together for more than 5 whole years. The fact remains that this team was good enough to challenge and they proved as individuals and as a playing list that it was no fluke that they were contenders over consecutive years. BUT the buck always stops with the head coach.

It was important for a balanced view on this forum when our club was contemplating whether to keep Ross or whether we needed to change at the end of 2011. Was it the players who had failed or was it the coaches weaknesses that had been the main reason we failed?

As an employee and as a coach, Ross Lyon went through a lot of learning at our club and he owes a great debt to the St Kilda football club for his professional career rather than the other way around.

Greg T
Club Player

perfectionist wrote:Loyalty is a funny concept for coaches. Who should Leigh Matthews be loyal to? Or Michael Malthouse? Or Mark Thompson? Or Scott Watters for that matter? If loyalty means that coaches must stay until they are given the flick, then it seems like a one way street.

In the end, Ross's loyalty was to his financial circumstances and those who depend upon it - his family. Had he not been wracked with nightmares of two impossibly unlucky GFs, even that might not have persuaded him.
Spot on.
Kosi acknowledged his efforts as have some other players.
I don't hold a grudge,gave me some fantastic footy to watch and earned us some respect in the footy world.
Was great to see him after the game salute our retiring champs.
Hope he at least gets his flag .....if we Can't ...

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If Lyon was coaching a side against one with Adolph Hitler and Idi Amin as his assistant........
I may barrack for Lyon, then again maybe not!!