Patrick Karnezis(Rumour)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lloyd21
Club Player

Re: Patrick Karnezis(Rumour)

Just pay out TDL admit it was mistake and late draft pick this guy as he can play multiple positions and right age.

The game has evolved this year no longer forward pocket only players required particularly with cap on interchange
have to now require 8 -12 players of 22 playing midfield going forward.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

cross2012 wrote:Having watched most of Brisbanes home games this year (living in Qld), I think Karnezis has been starved of opportunities. After a great NAB series, he was vested in his few senior appearances. He looks very comfortable when actually on the ground, and I thought looked to have a great future. I guess the question is why didn't Vossy rate him. Personally I think they had a few just like him.
Where he was selected in the draft is irrelevant, there is a long list of stars that were late draft picks. Daniel Hannebery at 30 is one that comes to mind

i agree he was great in their NAB cup campaign. They do seem to have a glut of under sized forwards too. He is one of those guys you could see being a find but there is always a concern that he wasn't getting played because he is flawed in some way.

We will delist a few more i would think depending on what we think we can pick up in the trade period. If we can orchestrate a FB type they will probably get rid of a few more from the list and maybe even a Maister or TDL, Milera or Saad. CJ, Dunnell even Siposs etc. could be in trouble if they think they can up grade to better players.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pelchen is trying to organise a multi way deal to get Dal and fisher out and Delaney and Bruce in with a couple of mid tier pick up grades.

He did get Mark Williams to Essendon with some convoluted deal to get Burgoyne in. That was a major win to the Hawks.

FQF
SS Life Member

He is a 190cm forward.

Can he play through the midfield?

If not, not sure why that's the type of player we would be looking at.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:He is a 190cm forward.

they claim he is a tall mid but he was def played as a forward at Brissy. possibly he just never got a chance to play his preferred role.

cross2012
Club Player

I think he was played out of position at Brisbane due to them having a lot of similar types. perhaps he didn't have the tank for a midfield spot. To me he looked like a Grant Birchall type. He is tall (190)He seems good overhead, knows where the goals are and moves like a mid. Based on what I have seen, I don't think ability is the problem, so maybe a work ethic or attitude issue. My Brisbane mates have also being surprised he wasn't given more opportunity. At only 21 YO and with 20 plus games to his credit, he has some upside.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From what I posted in this thread earlier he was a medium forward that did ok there...and when recently was tried as a mid in the seconds did really well there. so question and opportunity is whether he can play as mid at AFL.

If so then you you have a potential ROK type who can play medium forward and midfield.

We desperately need to improve the number of players who we can rotate through the midfield. ie would be potentially a big upgrade on TDL who is essentially only a (small) marking forward.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I remember distinctly that his 2011 season looked promising on a number of great home ground performances...not much to show otherwise. I'm with K, trade for back, recruit mids...there's a bucketload of talented SA mids available this year.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:If we can orchestrate a FB type they will probably get rid of a few more from the list and maybe even a Maister or TDL, Milera or Saad. CJ, Dunnell even Siposs etc. could be in trouble if they think they can up grade to better players.
I reckon we should only get rid of players who wouldn't be picked up by other clubs. It's a crude metric but a reasonably solid rule of thumb, and I reckon a few of those guys you mentioned fall into that category: Maister, TDL, Saad (because of the drug issue), CJ, Dunell. The other two - Milera and Siposs - have enough potential that someone would take a punt on them and I reckon that means we should give them a bit longer.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

they claim he is a tall mid but he was def played as a forward at Brissy. possibly he just never got a chance to play his preferred role.
Same with his TAC Cup footy. He's a medium lead up forward. A more agile version of Sippos.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I wouldnt be unhappy if he moved to the saints.
I think players can get a little lazy in the QAFL reserves so if his motivation is ok then he would be worth a shot.
ASSUMING collingwood didnt pull out for physical condition reasons & we have already secured a ready made 22 gamer FullBack.

Seeya