Saints want to plunder 3 stars from Draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints want to plunder 3 stars from Draft

Plunder? Why use that word? If they want to use "plunder" then look at Gold Coast and GWS since they've started!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
starsign
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Big Mart must be hoping like hell we draft 3 duds and that Longer gets run over by a bus.
His entire argument depends on it.
Dunno why he bothers, in fact I've told him elswhere to go and "support" the Filth or perhaps the $wans then. They seem to be well run and have got all the money!
He certainlty makes a mockery out the word supporter though.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

If they don't plunder, I'll have a chunder downunder

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

the draft come soon enough to inject some hope!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

God JB

Have you actually proclaimed success?

Think about out and ins

Your lack of football knowledge astounds me.... You have never been involved in the game at any level have you? Surely not... You're a supporter with a one eyed limited view.

Con
I believe Longer will be A Grade
Savage not much
Picks 1, 18, 19 two hopefully end up players
Two key backs are unproven

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:If they don't plunder, I'll have a chunder downunder
Well it would indeed be a blunder.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:John Ralph reckons we traded our way to pick 3...

I don't get how these monkeys get to keep their jobs. I'd like to know what the pre-requisite for a sports reporter is at the HS. Can barely write, gets the most basic facts wrong, am I wrong or is it just...

SITUATIONS VACANT

The Herald Sun Newspaper is looking for a football reporter. Applicants would have to attend football events and write some text immediately about what you have witnessed. A minimum of Year 8 standard of writing is required. The emphasis in our industry is speed, so accuarcy and diligence will be seen as a positive only under the condition that it does not stretch the tight deadline. You will also be required to colour your reporting with the editorial opinion. While it is appreciated that the applicant has standards and ethics, the managerial structure at News Corp is such that encourages all our staff to be on the same page, so only writers of flexible morality should apply. Salary: 2x your weight in beer per week

No wonder Jon Anderson drove his car through a pizza shop. He must have been pretty heavy.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:God JB

Have you actually proclaimed success?

Think about out and ins

Your lack of football knowledge astounds me.... You have never been involved in the game at any level have you? Surely not... You're a supporter with a one eyed limited view.

Con
I believe Longer will be A Grade
Savage not much
Picks 1, 18, 19 two hopefully end up players
Two key backs are unproven

It's a success in as far as the option is to let ourselves keep topping up hoping for a miracle with guys like Polo and Peake while our old guys keep getting older. We need to be bold and run head on into confronting the situation we have dug ourselves into.

We need to get high picks because while they aren't guaranteed to be champs, the higher the player is picked in the draft the likelihood rises of them being champs.

Bruce and Delaney are as good as know quantities but both have potential upsides too, so two adequate KPPs for some later picks. We now have a small core of experienced guys at the end of their careers, a small core of mid aged guys we developed and a small core of mid aged guys we went and found and the rest are all developing kids.

Longer should be good, bruce and Del are minimum of GOPs and fill a need and at least one of the three picks should be good. Surely only Richmond could dud out thrice. Mav Weller will be as good as Meyers IMO but come for nothing. Savage will give us an extra ready to role mid but can rest forward and create goals- doesn't have to be a star.

If nothing else it creates hope in bleak times and gives sponsors and fans a reason to look at us.

wolfpup
Club Player

i hope pelican and co wear a pirate outfit when they 'plunder' picks 3, 18 and 19. Or at least yell out yarrr

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
Kickit
Club Player

wolfpup wrote:i hope pelican and co wear a pirate outfit when they 'plunder' picks 3, 18 and 19. Or at least yell out yarrr

Arrr cmon over here Jack m'lad.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I am genuinely shocked that we want to plunder three stars from the draft !!

I was informed by a source (that I believed to be reliable) that we were going to pursue:

Pick 3 - a gumby

Pick 18 - a spud

pick 19 - a no-hoper

I thought this was all part of our long term "disarray" strategy. Up until now I had been a big supporter of this strategy as it appeared to be well thought out, very in depth and detailed, and very far reaching. I am losing faith in it now as it seems to be coming apart in no small way..........

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
savatage
SS Life Member

True Believer wrote:I am genuinely shocked that we want to plunder three stars from the draft !!

I was informed by a source (that I believed to be reliable) that we were going to pursue:

Pick 3 - a gumby

Pick 18 - a spud

pick 19 - a no-hoper

I thought this was all part of our long term "disarray" strategy. Up until now I had been a big supporter of this strategy as it appeared to be well thought out, very in depth and detailed, and very far reaching. I am losing faith in it now as it seems to be coming apart in no small way..........
I was hoping we'd go for a spud at 3 & a gumby at 19. Bit alarmed by your post.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe after we blocked the trade of Rhys we are now plundering. I hope we don't execute a poor trade. I have heard we will cause armageddon if we don't get an explosive player.

kp83
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Oh and also the Saad Milera deal?...
Nothing wrong with this trade IMO - we still landed Seb Ross in the deal at pick 25. Where's the negative aspect in this trade BM?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

kp83 wrote:
Nothing wrong with this trade IMO - we still landed Seb Ross in the deal at pick 25. Where's the negative aspect in this trade BM?

Don't worry he said that was a good trade last week, so i don't think he really cares. He said we have not recruited well since Pelchen took over and when I suggested that was probably the only one that hasn't worked out that i could think of he said it was a good trade.

johng
Club Player

garlett is a great talent was going to be a top 5 draft pick carries too much baggage but if we get him for next to nothing and he doesnt work out we've lost nothing

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
kp83 wrote:

Don't worry he said that was a good trade last week, so i don't think he really cares. He said we have not recruited well since Pelchen took over and when I suggested that was probably the only one that hasn't worked out that i could think of he said it was a good trade.
lol

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It was a good trade.... ATT...... A great trade it seemed..

Proves my point.... Proclaiming a successful pick without knowledge is foolish

It was a miracle trade from November 2011-March 2013.... It looks less of a win now?

In Fact Seb in 2011/12 looked the disappointment of the deal... The other two looked the bonus.... Of course the opposite is now true....

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I am genuinely shocked that we want to plunder three stars from the draft !!

Pick 3 - a gumby

Pick 18 - a spud

pick 19 - a no-hoper

Gold.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:It was a good trade.... ATT...... A great trade it seemed..

It was a miracle trade from November 2011-March 2013.... It looks less of a win now?

In Fact Seb in 2011/12 looked the disappointment of the deal... The other two looked the bonus.... Of course the opposite is now true....

You point is stupid. Not claiming any trade a success. The potential for success has been given a greater chance because of the trading success of Pelchan.

God you make stupid crap up.

You were the muppet proclaiming opposition supporters were laughing at the club. You also clubs other clubs were laughing at us for our trading strategy.

Then you make s.hit up about me claiming the recruits are a success. You really dont have much of a handle on reality.

Youa re so deluded by your own perceived self worth that you just believe the fantasies your ignorance and lack of insif=ght creates.

From now on every time you repeat the lie that I reckon the players are already a success, I will call you a liar, because thats what it is.

So dont lie and dont make ignorant s.hit up. I know you are upset you embarrassed yourself through out the drafting period, but take some responsibility like an adult does.

Ignornace and childish petulance wont cut it.

<poster has been asked by mods to tone down personal attacks and just debate topic with respect>

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:It was a good trade.... ATT...... A great trade it seemed..

You point is stupid. Not claiming any trade a success. The potential for success has been given a greater chance because of the trading success of Pelchan.

God you make stupid crap up.

You were the muppet proclaiming opposition supporters were laughing at the club. You also clubs other clubs were laughing at us for our trading strategy.

Then you make s.hit up about me claiming the recruits are a success. You really dont have much of a handle on reality.

Youa re so deluded by your own perceived self worth that you just believe the fantasies your ignorance and lack of insif=ght creates.

From now on every time you repeat the lie that I reckon the players are already a success, I will call you a liar, because thats what it is.

So dont lie and dont make ignorant s.hit up. I know you are upset you embarrassed yourself through out the drafting period, but take some responsibility like an adult does.

Ignornace and childish petulance wont cut it.

Proclaiming failure because there is no photo is probably worse than anything I have heard in this site.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Trading success of Pelchin you say?! In your first sentance, without claiming any trade success??

That sentance is so stupid,

Then the redirect, personal attack and bullying... So true to form...

I know when you're struggling, the tone of your posts becomes aggressive and abbusive.... You honestly believe you are superior, without any TRUE knowledge of others.... You can never call another arrogant

Remember... Everything you say, is just your opinion. That's all.... And because of that, for me it carries little weight.

My Hawthorn supporter mates did indeed pay out on me, for offering them a 24yo first round pick Ruckman in our leadership group, statistically the 3rd highest ranked AFL Ruckman....... Just what they needed
Just like my Richmond mates jibed me when we recruited Pattison and Polo....
Not sure that is proclaiming, suggesting or believing ...... I would say REALITY!!

I think we MAY have traded very well

However, judgement is reserved..... We have nothing to review ATM?! You seem to believe you can bag people who have questioned management.... By announcing a successful trade period. Which is yet to be determined.

Before you try to get people to eat humble pie.... Wait for the victory?!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hi P66

The two bullies at work, I'm sure you had his back.... Was it a cheapie from behind, was it? ..... Can only imagine??

Question
Did you need to enter in?

Peas in a pod

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

BigMart wrote:Trading success of Pelchin you say?! In your first sentance, without claiming any trade success??

Then the redirect, personal attack and bullying... So true to form...

I know when you're struggling, the tone of your posts becomes aggressive and abbusive.... You honestly believe you are superior, without any TRUE knowledge of others.... You can never call another arrogant

Remember... Everything you say, is just your opinion. That's all.... And because of that, for me it carries little weight.

My Hawthorn supporter mates did indeed pay out on me, for offering them a 24yo first round pick Ruckman in our leadership group, statistically the 3rd highest ranked AFL Ruckman....... Just what they needed
Just like my Richmond mates jibed me when we recruited Pattison and Polo....
Not sure that is proclaiming, suggesting or believing ...... I would say REALITY!!

I think we MAY have traded very well

However, judgement is reserved..... We have nothing to review ATM?! You seem to believe you can bag people who have questioned management.... By announcing a successful trade period. Which is yet to be determined.

Before you try to get people to eat humble pie.... Wait for the victory?!
YOU offered our ruckman?? Didn't know you were on the staff. What do Pattison and Polo have to do with this? One was before this regime and one was jettisoned by this regime.
You're a first rate peanut.
WE unloaded two players, one of them 30 years old, picked up 4 players and added two first round draft picks. If that's something to be laughed at then Brisbane must be folding up their tents as we speak....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Trading success of Pelchin you say?! In your first sentance, without claiming any trade success??

only tio someone who is ignorant and deluded and lives in their own fantasy world..
BigMart wrote:Then the redirect, personal attack and bullying... So true to form...
Victim. You lie about what I have written then play the victim - modis opperandi
BigMart wrote:I know when you're struggling, the tone of your posts becomes aggressive and abbusive.... You honestly believe you are superior, without any TRUE knowledge of others.... You can never call another arrogant
Hypocritically playing the man in this sentence, but cries victim about the exact same thing in the previous sentence. Laughable.

As for superior, I am not superior to anyone. What you dont like, is when your proclimations of fantasy are challenged by facts and logic. Just like you goit your arrogant little nose out of joint when a plethora of posters with obviously vastly superior knowledge and life experience to you, put you back in your box re your ignorant and poorly articulated views on the clubs review, and organisational views in particvular.
BigMart wrote:Remember... Everything you say, is just your opinion. That's all.... And because of that, for me it carries little weight.
Unbelievable. After all this you fail to comprehend opinion from fact.
BigMart wrote:My Hawthorn supporter mates did indeed pay out on me, for offering them a 24yo first round pick Ruckman in our leadership group, statistically the 3rd highest ranked AFL Ruckman....... Just what they needed
Your Hawthorn mates seem as deluded, ignorant and deluded as you are then.

You then went on to state that other clubs were laughing at our trading strategy. Can you name them?

At the same time you proclaimed that by 2017 the club would fold. When you claimed you said no such things, two other posters quoted your post.

Unsuprisingly you didn't have the courage to respond to thiose two posters.
BigMart wrote:Just like my Richmond mates jibed me when we recruited Pattison and Polo....
yes Pelchan made a terrible decision this trading period getting both of those players. Talk about not being able to understand a topic premis.
BigMart wrote:I think we MAY have traded very well
Again in hindsight which is your modis opperandi. You stat5ed North and Hawthorn supporters were laughing at our trading strategy in trade period 2013, you stated other AFL clubs were laughing at the STKFC's trading strategy in 2013. These posts inferred that the Saints were inept, where a target of derision, and you were being CRITICAL of the club, again, half cocked with no information or with the completion of ther trading period nowhere in sight.

You were completely and utterly shown to be a wrong on the Saints strategy. If the trades work out, if the dps work out, nobody knows, but our trading has given us a better chance to have successful trades and drafting.

You seem unable or incapable of comprehending this distinction. Oh well. your problem not anyone elses.

BigMart wrote:However, judgement is reserved..... We have nothing to review ATM?! You seem to believe you can bag people who have questioned management.... By announcing a successful trade period. Which is yet to be determined.
Didnrt seem to stop you deriding the club with all your negative crap throughout the trading period. Did stop your "judgement" on the financials of the club leading you to conclude the club may fold by 2017, without once analysing the clubs annual report (which is not even yet published). Seems you pick and choose to reserve your judgements.

You really seem to be deliberately obtuse. It was a successful trade strategy, nobody with a semblence of intelligence could understand it any other way. How could anyone pronounce a successful trade period regarding the success of the players??????????

Fair Dinkum :roll:
BigMart wrote:Before you try to get people to eat humble pie.... Wait for the victory?!
Before your go off half cocked with nothing but your bias, and prejudices, wait for the facts.

Before you lie about other posters writings, understand the topic.

Every time you lie about what i wrote, I will call you on it.

Lance or James??