saints watch boyd march....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: saints watch boyd march....

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-18/hogan-v-boyd

"MELBOURNE coach Paul Roos says the much-hyped Jesse Hogan would have likely vied with fellow powerhouse forward Tom Boyd for the No.1 spot in this year's NAB AFL Draft."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

And they wanted a priority pick for cheating. Greedy bastards

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mark my words Hogan will not be at the Dee's long term .... in the next coming years we will see Pavlich retire from Freo freo will them set their sights firmly on Hogan with a big $ long term contract watch this space Hogan will be the pin up boy for the dockers in the next 3 years

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:mark my words Hogan will not be at the Dee's long term .... in the next coming years we will see Pavlich retire from Freo freo will them set their sights firmly on Hogan with a big $ long term contract watch this space Hogan will be the pin up boy for the dockers in the next 3 years
is he a WA boy?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:mark my words Hogan will not be at the Dee's long term .... in the next coming years we will see Pavlich retire from Freo freo will them set their sights firmly on Hogan with a big $ long term contract watch this space Hogan will be the pin up boy for the dockers in the next 3 years
is he a WA boy?
Yep.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Im glad that St Ick bought it up & I think it needs repeating that Boyd played in the ruck as well as FF,
so his versatility and after hearing him at the draft (quality person) - I would still rate him no1
Its all subjective - personally I would have gone Aish
But on the priority pick - why do people constantly need reminding that our rececnt success links back to our picks and selling the games best Full Forward ?

Seeya
stinger
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:Im glad that St Ick bought it up & I think it needs repeating that Boyd played in the ruck as well as FF,
so his versatility and after hearing him at the draft (quality person) - I would still rate him no1
Its all subjective - personally I would have gone Aish
But on the priority pick - why do people constantly need reminding that our rececnt success links back to our picks and selling the games best Full Forward ?

the suns boy martin is better than both of them.....boyd three ..imho...should have been ours......

care to explain your comments re recent sucess and selling the games best full forward.....

afaic selling plugger and boffhead cost us at least two...possibly three flags.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Doubt it. Both were loose cannons at St Kilda. We cost ourselves 3 premierships or at least 2. 2009 and 2010.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
is he a WA boy?
Yep.
Has also declined an unheard of contract extension this year - offerred to him before he was eligible to even play a game!! If leaving wasn't an option, then why wouldn't a 17 year old sign a contract extention to give him some security until he is 23 and making some serious money?

Roos coming out saying he'd vie for #1 was just a good chance for his new club to get some good press - especially after they traded away pick 2... as I said earlier, both will be very very good forwards and because both were never available in the same draft, at the same time, we will never know who would've been taken higher but the specific clubs who had those picks!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote: is he a WA boy?
Yep.
Has also declined an unheard of contract extension this year - offerred to him before he was eligible to even play a game!! If leaving wasn't an option, then why wouldn't a 17 year old sign a contract extention to give him some security until he is 23 and making some serious money?

Roos coming out saying he'd vie for #1 was just a good chance for his new club to get some good press - especially after they traded away pick 2... as I said earlier, both will be very very good forwards and because both were never available in the same draft, at the same time, we will never know who would've been taken higher but the specific clubs who had those picks!

Having Roos as coach will help him stay at the club. Not every star leaves to go home. Did Pavlich leave a club that was going poorly?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:

Having Roos as coach will help him stay at the club. Not every star leaves to go home. Did Pavlich leave a club that was going poorly?
how long is Roos contracted ?
Freo kept Pavlich from returning home by doing some hard work ... firstly they made sure he was always paid exceptionally well , they put him in the media where he became a houshold name in WA almost straight away, they recruited Tony Modra the one player Pavlich idolised, they made him part of the leadership group, they made him the "face of the club"... Pavlich also settled in to the Freo lifestyle very easily making it pretty easy to want to stay at the club but above all when the time came for Pav to look at his contract Freo were able to out bid the Crows and the Power every time.... for the Dee's i get the feel that come a bidding war in 2 years time Freo will have the clout to match any offer the Dee's put up .. Freo will sell him the dream of being a hometown hero he will be closer to family , prob have a spot in the leadership group possibly a weekly role on TV or Perth radio show (if he so desires) not to mention be offered a plush house minutes from the beach ... the Dee's will have a hard time to try and better that offer

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/