Team Vs Eagles June 22nd

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team Vs Eagles June 22nd

Cairnsman wrote:surprised Monty wasn't dropped.

Why would he be dropped?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:
PurpleHayes wrote:Actually thought Bruce showed something, unsure why he's been omitted.

Gwilt in then makes sense.

Stanley didn't play that well for Sandy, but bringing him into the side means Lee can play the whole game at FF and not have to pinch hit in the ruck.

For mine - Dunnel, Jones and Minchington wont play.

30 touches enough for Savage to earn a recall, but not Curren..
A note on that, TC wasn't used as a tagger in The Sandy game, Needs the opportunity to play as a pure mid before seasons out, without the tagging role just to see how he goes.
At least we're pumping games into Jones...

So that he can inspire the kids and try so hard and protect us from 90pt beatings

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Funny how we thought Bruce killed it forward and Lee might have his papers stamped. Thought Minchington was probably gone- I guess they are trying Dunny and minch to see if they should be retained or moved on. Both played well though so good on them.

I guess Gwilt and Bruce play the same spot and they see Gwilt as a general.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Funny how we thought Bruce killed it forward and Lee might have his papers stamped. Thought Minchington was probably gone- I guess they are trying Dunny and minch to see if they should be retained or moved on. Both played well though so good on them.

Yep they dropped Bruce. Who do you think played better out of Bruce and Lee? Maybe it is like Webster and he did something wrong during the week. Lee is obviously going to play this week and I hope on Sunday night we are saying he may be a player for us. No one can noe say he hasnt been given a chance. If I read that on Sunday night I will spew up Terry Wallace style.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

how can you justify keeping Lee in the team after subbing him so early with no injury?
makes you wonder what's going on just a smidge.
hopefully they'll play Simpkin down back all day long.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

how can you justify keeping Lee in the team after subbing him so early with no injury?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
busso mick
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Funny how we thought Bruce killed it forward and Lee might have his papers stamped. Thought Minchington was probably gone- I guess they are trying Dunny and minch to see if they should be retained or moved on. Both played well though so good on them.

Yep they dropped Bruce. Who do you think played better out of Bruce and Lee? Maybe it is like Webster and he did something wrong during the week. Lee is obviously going to play this week and I hope on Sunday night we are saying he may be a player for us. No one can noe say he hasnt been given a chance. If I read that on Sunday night I will spew up Terry Wallace style.
Maybe Bruce had some carryover points for his bad haircut?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Jones, Stanley and Minch will not play. By the way Minch had a great game at Sandy on Saturday!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How do explain Lee then?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

millarsaint wrote:how can you justify keeping Lee in the team after subbing him so early with no injury?
I reckon the brains trust (not being sarcastic) figure that Lee is our next key forward and the comments from AR were to fire him up, and he may have credits in the bank with them.
Maybe the coaches see him as stretching the Toasters' defence.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

His haircut and beard are awesome. Sporting the same look myself. Don't mind a bit of the long on top with shaved sides.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Jones, Savage, Ross, Stanley, Dunell, Minchington, Weller.

Milestone: Stanley - 50 games
Can't be dropped... Ross and Weller.
Minch' will play... no way he'd have been elevated just to be culled from the extended bench. Besides, we need to have a decent look at him so as to make a decision by season's end.
Jones will be dropped... being the sub last week was a tad ominous, and again, we need to look at a few of the younger blokes before season's end.
That leaves Savage or Dunnell... I don't know who they'll pick, maybe will be based on how the E-girls line-up(?)

So the bench will (should) be Ross, Weller, Savage/Dunnell, Minchington (possible sub?)

And no, I haven't forgotten Rhys.

I'm tipping he'll be a late in for Longer whom I suspect is injured. I also note that he's listed as a milestone, not a possible milestone FWIW.

Besides, Rhys has to play... NicNat is his one bunny(!) :lol:

So, to our fellow Saintsationalist(s) who are 'in the know'... how'd I do...? :)
Last edited by Dave McNamara on Thu 19 Jun 2014 9:34pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Very interesting to see one T Lee still in the side.

I suspect that Loris has gotten hold of that Simpson blast delivered to her E-girls mate, done some sneaky editing to insert Tom's name in the appropriate places, and passed her handiwork onto the Club to let it rip...? :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Why would he be dropped?
Well I read that there are numerous posters suggesting Jack Billings should be dropped so by extension of that logic shouldn't we be calling for Monty to be dropped?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I'll make sure I remember to say " he just needs more chances" especially if he has a shocker.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would he be dropped?
Well I read that there are numerous posters suggesting Jack Billings should be dropped so by extension of that logic shouldn't we be calling for Monty to be dropped?

No.

thequarry
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
busso mick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

His haircut and beard are awesome. Sporting the same look myself. Don't mind a bit of the long on top with shaved sides.
Yep, I'm in the same boat too, short sides with the gradual undercut towards the front. Lesser facial hair though (I can't deliver there).

But enough about my hair - let's talk about Tom Lee's. Awful. It's a shapeless mass of hair at the back; purely functional. No stars.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would he be dropped?

No.
Yeah we should...in actual fact Monty should be dropped and have his pay docked for being a senior player and slacking on the job...apologies to you Monty if you have an injury...aka a valid excuse.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:
Spinner wrote:
busso mick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep, I'm in the same boat too, short sides with the gradual undercut towards the front. Lesser facial hair though (I can't deliver there).

But enough about my hair - let's talk about Tom Lee's. Awful. It's a shapeless mass of hair at the back; purely functional. No stars.
I agree if he's not delivering on field at least he could have kick arse hair. He reminds me of one of those cocky's outside the toilets at a country service station that through some kind of existentialist crisis, rips it own feathers from it body.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Plugger..!

Clint Jones has had a good season and been selected appropriately. Good call, Bad Call?

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

From a development perspective I'm keen to see Murdoch, Weller & Stanley get plenty of opportunity. Thought Lee was harshly treated last week, and delighted for him to have the opportunity to show he's got the courage and drive to perform. Michington was elevated, so it makes sense for him to play.

Milera has shown glimpses and hope he can show something, if he can't show he's up to this standard this may be his last season.

Clint had a role under Lyon, but I dont think he's our future. Billings is our great hope for the future, but he may need a rest. Savage has had a few chances and it's only 50/50 he will make it.

I'm dissapointed they dropped Bruce, and see more future in him that Gwilt. Ross & Dunnell have had chances, Ross was pretty good last week.

Ultimately, we should show faith in the selectors and hope they are good judges, good man managers and have our long term future at heart.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:lee not even on the extended bench!!!
He's full forward.
That's a comedy show from the 90's. Like Tommy's hairstyle.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Plugger..!

Clint Jones has had a good season and been selected appropriately. Good call, Bad Call?

I didnt know he was selected? He maybe an emergency and would that have botthered anyone? I doubt it. He was dropped last week but Milera pulled out late and CJ was the only one who didnt play at Sandy so he was the only option. Well there was 2 other options and that was to play a guy who had already played that week or have a player likely liss a game who needs time at Sandy.

No idea why you are asking me though. Im no fan of CJ.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

EVERY team should have BRUCE LEE playing! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: People getting uptight about team selections? REALLY? This is the season of (perceived) "strange selection choices" at St Kilda. I'm one of those who actually believes that this is simply one part of a long-term process to re-establish the club as a power, and I'm prepared to go along with it. GO Saints! (to hell with the rest!)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:This is the season of (perceived) "strange selection choices" at St Kilda. I'm one of those who actually believes that this is simply one part of a long-term process to re-establish the club as a power, and I'm prepared to go along with it.
the sad part Jiggs, is that no it's not

our team selections have extremely erratic since mid 2010. IMO it's the biggest contributing to the state of our current list. Everyone says it's because we drafted poorly... I think it's because of our inability to develop the talent we had (in context of course)