Couple of questions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Couple of questions

SainterK wrote:Agree with others sentiments on Simpkin, I want it to work, cause I like his nerve.

Wants to play for the jumper, I feel like if we persist it will turn.
Hey K, there's one thing that will make it work for him... next year... :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Simpkin's effectiveness as a forward is similar to Robert Eddy. I love Simpkins effort and courage, but his only value is as a negating third tall defender, and these days your third tall defender needs to be the rebounding type (like Shenton and Gilbert). So really, I see no value in playing him other than his ability to display that extreme effort. At some point you have to start winning the ball, though. No point having someone up forward unless the pose a threat to the opposition. One noticeable thing on Sunday was that he got really exposed by being run off. A few times he was left standing while his direct opponent was already streaming into the centre of the ground.

Milera has nice skills, but is slow when the opposition has the ball, is hesitant to attack a contest, and cannot play midfield. Those kind of limitations can be tolerated if you're the only player of that type in a really successful team, but where we need to go, and considering he's 26 and not likely to get better, he's a luxury we can't afford for too much longer. At least he's dangerous when he gets the ball and has the pace to find himself in space occasionally. If we had Wright, Templeton, and Schneider all fit and in form, Milera wouldn't be getting a game.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote:Simpkin's effectiveness as a forward is similar to Robert Eddy. I love Simpkins effort and courage, but his only value is as a negating third tall defender
I like Simpkin as a hard defender. He may be able to play a Hamill-type forward role in a good side, which we are not. To me Siposs offers more as a pure forward

stinger
Saintsational Legend

karnaby wrote:
True Believer wrote:Delaney has been our recruit of the year for mine. Has simply slotted in and many must be wondering why he couldn't get a decent run at his old club!
Agree. And, just to take this off track for a moment, I wonder what his brother is up to? I haven't taken much notice of norf but I don't recall seeing him play. Maybe he'd like to be at a club where he could actually get a game?

Back on track - I thought Webster had a very good first quarter, he seemed to get a lot of touches and was creative. Also happy with his touch of mongrel in jumping into martin and giving him a serve, Seb was happy to get into the scrap that ensued too which I thought was pretty good.

seb, mav and webster all have a bit of go/devil in them....good to see...they will play many games together.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.