Milera asks to return to SA

Re: Milera asks to return to SA

Tezza was one of my favourites. Had class and flair, which we so badly lack. Felt he went into his shell and never came back after the well discussed spray from his captain a few years back. Probably says more about Terry than the captain.

Anyway Tezza, thanks for your contribution. The hanger at Sandy this year was one of the best.

disappointed with this

guy obviously has talent

taking nothing away from his personal issues... just doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to play

Saint wagga wrote:
noob wrote:Can someone explain to me why he got a 2 year extended contract last year when there were rumours he wanted to go back to SA?
This + not to mention he's a fringe player at best who is not young. Surely a 1 year contract would have sufficed unless there were other clubs circling (there wouldn't have been!)...
The 2 year contract was presumably a show of confidence, fair enough thing to do to give the guy the best possible chance. It doesn't hurt us at all because we don't have to pay out the second year.

LTN16

I hope we draft some indigenous boys in this years draft and get the X man back to the saints as a development coach for them. We are lacking indigenous flair, would love us to find another Steven Motlop type player in the draft.

LTN16 wrote:I hope we draft some indigenous boys in this years draft and get the X man back to the saints as a development coach for them. We are lacking indigenous flair, would love us to find another Steven Motlop type player in the draft.
Why?

Why not some white boys with flair?

<removed by mods, user warned>

Good result. Opens up a spot on our list.

Rosco

Saint wagga wrote:
noob wrote:Can someone explain to me why he got a 2 year extended contract last year when there were rumours he wanted to go back to SA?
This + not to mention he's a fringe player at best who is not young. Surely a 1 year contract would have sufficed unless there were other clubs circling (there wouldn't have been!)...same goes for Tom Lee, unless other clubs were offering better deals (I doubt it) why not just keep unproven players on one yr deals?! I didn't get it with milera, Siposs or Lee...

What does it matter? We won't have to pay him out if he is leaving.

I raised this a while ago

Our track record with Indigenous players seems really really poor to the point of liability.

When we draft Indigenous players, regardless of where they're taken in the draft... consistently careers are wrecked through injury or players leave due to some kind of lack of support.

The Clarke brothers, Terry Ross Tut

Alternatively we get a few that look really talented but don't seem to come on ala Winmar and Alan Murray going back a few years.

It's been what? 15 years since an Indigenous player cared out a good career at our club?

Forget the race look at where they were drafted. X clarke injuries ruined career, R Clarke solid career after early problems with epilepsy really smashed him, Milera a mature aged recruit always a gamble, Tut rookie listed player, Winmar really the main disappointment of that group. Race irrelevant in this situation more an average player with attacking skills and poor defensive skills , which can be covered in a top side but not a bottom side.
Love if both Adelaide clubs wanted him - bidding war - reality maybe mature rookie or SANFL

#gosaintas

He had the skill but not the heart

skeptic wrote:I raised this a while ago

Our track record with Indigenous players seems really really poor to the point of liability.

When we draft Indigenous players, regardless of where they're taken in the draft... consistently careers are wrecked through injury or players leave due to some kind of lack of support.

The Clarke brothers, Terry Ross Tut

Alternatively we get a few that look really talented but don't seem to come on ala Winmar and Alan Murray going back a few years.

It's been what? 15 years since an Indigenous player cared out a good career at our club?
Its a good point you raise and I agree. It has been too long for us. Remember we were pioneers with indig players in the 80s (Narkle) and we had quite a few in the 80s and 90s. Xavier obviously a star of a bloke just had injuries. But we are definitely due a good'un I reckon. Other clubs have improved in this area while we have stagnated (could just be bad luck). Geelong and the Hawks hardly had any indig players (not since Polly Farmer anyway) but both have done very very well in the last 5 years from their indig players. Guys like Hill, Cyril, Burgoyne, Stokes, Motlop arent just going ok - they are key players.

not quite afl standard. too good for vfl. so will fit right in at a sanfl club. good luck to him.

That's another Saints player that has had a go at making it but didn't quite succeed, well not consistently anyway.

The list needs to evolve so that we can get off the bottom of the ladder, Terry falling on his sword opens up a spot for another prospect.

All the best TM....

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Thought he had flair, which is something the team needs. Thought he was underappreciated. Will probably star at Port. Surprised at some of the vitriol here.
you think the comments are rough here, check the facebook feedback... disgusting

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights

The Redeemer wrote:
LTN16 wrote:I hope we draft some indigenous boys in this years draft and get the X man back to the saints as a development coach for them. We are lacking indigenous flair, would love us to find another Steven Motlop type player in the draft.
Why?

are you off to your klan meeting now...

seriously poor comments

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

terry smith rules wrote:
Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Thought he had flair, which is something the team needs. Thought he was underappreciated. Will probably star at Port. Surprised at some of the vitriol here.
you think the comments are rough here, check the facebook feedback... disgusting
what facebook page?
what did they say?

terry smith rules wrote:
what facebook page?
what did they say?
the StK FC facebook page, gutless wonders who
get on and just slag

Terry is listed to play on Saturday with Sandy-- may he and TDL have great games.

Minch may have just got a reprieve.

terry smith rules wrote:
what facebook page?
what did they say?
get on and just slag
Just went. Makes me ashamed to be a Saints supporter. So many f_wits out there in Facebook land.
OK we get argy bargy in here and players get bagged - but this is a dedicated wesbite.
Going on public general forums like facebook and bagging ur own player just seems wrong.
If you dont like or rate him - thats fine - but dont go to the trouble to make stupid post on something like facebook where the blokes family or kid or whatever might go on. Just appalling.

In any case - when any player finishes up I think they deserve respect. Full stop. Anyone who plays a single game of AFL footy is a bloody champion and has done well in life to get there.

LTN16

The Redeemer wrote:
Why?

Are you racist against indiginous Australians?

Very poor comments..

terry smith rules wrote:
what facebook page?
what did they say?
get on and just slag
Just went. Makes me ashamed to be a Saints supporter. So many f_wits out there in Facebook land.
OK we get argy bargy in here and players get bagged - but this is a dedicated wesbite.
Going on public general forums like facebook and bagging ur own player just seems wrong.
If you dont like or rate him - thats fine - but dont go to the trouble to make stupid post on something like facebook where the blokes family or kid or whatever might go on. Just appalling.

In any case - when any player finishes up I think they deserve respect. Full stop. Anyone who plays a single game of AFL footy is a bloody champion and has done well in life to get there.
well said Con , makes me ashamed as well and yes respect is the word

Had talent, but no ticker.

Next!

Good luck to Terry he was a sweet guy and heaps of talent.

Gees some Saints supporters are quick to burn our own! Im sure Terry gave it everything he had it didnt work out but that is no excuse to burn him on a stake ! All the best back in SA Terry I hope you do well...