game and season vent/washup

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: game and season vent/washup

stinger wrote:... north must be killing them selves laughing over delaney......easy to see why he wasn't in their best 22....makes too many flowering mistakes....
Plenty of opportunity to make mistakes when you're conceding 54 inside 50s a game! I think he did fine this year in a pretty tough situation. Certainly better than what we had with room for improvement.
stinger wrote:....murdoch is going to be a very good footballer...reminds me of ROK.....
Serious? I don't see it myself. A long way to go before he's even close to AFL standard. First thing he needs to do is build a tank so he can keep running all day.
stinger wrote:....three of weller, shenton, templeton and minchington should be upgraded to the primary list....just don't ask me to choose which three..... :cry:
No need to upgrade Templeton at this point. I don't think all the other three will be upgraded though I wouldn't be unhappy if that occurred.
stinger wrote:...we don't need lee.....waste of a draft pick....
Why don't we need him? Surely we need a few key forwards. Are you saying you think he's no good? Not sure how you can come to that conclusion with so much certainty. He only played 3 games this year and was injured for a bunch of it. Only 13 in his career. Way too soon to tell for mine.

older saint
SS Life Member

2014 closed for business - Results weren't great but games in kids will help longer term to get them up to the 50 game mark asap

Gone: Hayes, Maister, CJ, Gwilt, TDL, Dunnell, Milera, Schiender, Siposs, ( apart from Gwilt cannot see a lot of value there to other clubs)

Wins : Newness ( great season top 5 B&F), Delaney (Holding back a flood often), Billings, Dunstan, Hickey, Longer ( many critics but need the grunt ruck with the athlete combination - thought he did a good job against Maric too and only young) , Roo ( every game he plays is a win for this club), Armitage- leadersip, Stanley development, Weller , Bruce - good but would like to see better but give benefit of the doubt on season

Losses: Lee (injury but couldn't get a game before that anyway), Siposs ( everyone sucked in by his left foot which is not much good without the ball though), Gilbert, Webster, Acres Geary Wright (Injuries),

Question marks:
Ross- hard at it but seems to lack a tank?
Shenton - Hard runner but disposal and decision making not great
Roberton - great 2013 poor 2014 - have to put down to coach and game style suitability
Murdoch, Saunders, will they take the next step?
Savage - played well when went to half back, can he turn that into an on ball role ?
Simpkin - with Gwilt gone does that save him?

Out of 10 ( based on games played and expectations)
1 - 5
2 - 2
3- 6
4- 4
5 - 6
6 - 5
7 - 8
8 - 1
9 - 2
10 - DNP
11 - 7
12 - 9
13 - 6
14 - 7
15 - 6
16 - 8
17 - 4
18 - 6
19 - 6
20 - 8
21 - 7
22 - 7
23 - 5
24 - 6
25 - 7
26 - 5
27 - 5
28 - 6.5
29 - 6
30 - 5
31 - 5
32 - 2
33 - 5
34 - 5
35 - 5
36 - 7
37 - 3
38 - 3
39 - 6
40 - 5
41 - 5
42 - DNP
43 - 6
44 - 8
45 -DNP

spert
Saintsational Legend

My wrap up of the season is probably stating the bleeding obvious..even allowing for injuries and inexperience, we have under-achieved in being at least a competitive team. Good signs from Newnes, Wright, Billings, Weller, Savage, Eli, Shenton, Murdoch, Dunstan, Bruce, Delaney- good feeling about White, Acres. Undecided about Ross- seems OK with skills, but really needs to take a decent step for next year and develop his tank. Also need Stanley to have a massive preseason and get some consistency into his game. No indication to me that AR is stamping any style of play onto the team- very disappointed in his defensive plays, midfield and stoppage stategies etc. I expect Hickey will be one of our best if he stays injury free next season. At risk of total forum meltdown, I would ask Roo to retire and move on Montagna and Ray. That's all!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:My wrap up of the season is probably stating the bleeding obvious..even allowing for injuries and inexperience, we have under-achieved in being at least a competitive team. Good signs from Newnes, Wright, Billings, Weller, Savage, Eli, Shenton, Murdoch, Dunstan, Bruce, Delaney- good feeling about White, Acres. Undecided about Ross- seems OK with skills, but really needs to take a decent step for next year and develop his tank. Also need Stanley to have a massive preseason and get some consistency into his game. No indication to me that AR is stamping any style of play onto the team- very disappointed in his defensive plays, midfield and stoppage stategies etc. I expect Hickey will be one of our best if he stays injury free next season. At risk of total forum meltdown, I would ask Roo to retire and move on Montagna and Ray. That's all!
It's hard when you are asking for us to be more competitive, but also want to trade out 3 of our better players.

It doesn't add up. Our percentage would drop below 50 next year if that happened, regardless of the coach or game plan.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:My wrap up of the season is probably stating the bleeding obvious..even allowing for injuries and inexperience, we have under-achieved in being at least a competitive team. Good signs from Newnes, Wright, Billings, Weller, Savage, Eli, Shenton, Murdoch, Dunstan, Bruce, Delaney- good feeling about White, Acres. Undecided about Ross- seems OK with skills, but really needs to take a decent step for next year and develop his tank. Also need Stanley to have a massive preseason and get some consistency into his game. No indication to me that AR is stamping any style of play onto the team- very disappointed in his defensive plays, midfield and stoppage stategies etc. I expect Hickey will be one of our best if he stays injury free next season. At risk of total forum meltdown, I would ask Roo to retire and move on Montagna and Ray. That's all!

Maybe the players just arent good enough. First time I looked at the ladder was last night and I noticed this side called melbourne won the same amount of games as us and had a pretty poor percentage. I dont know who coaches them but he must be a first year coach like our coach. Spert I cant work out how you rated SW but not AR. Maybe both cant coach, maybe AR just doesnt have the cattle. Maybe we sack another coach. Im sure that first year Melbourne coach could be a better option.