Cam Delaney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cam Delaney

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:He'd be a good back up kpb for nothing. We have no one at the moment if del goes down.

Is he a free pick? Of course he costs something. Gringo who are you delisting to get him? Just another ordinary footballer to add to our growing list.

I'd rookie him. We have spots and if we take one mature body it adds to our older bodies plus we should be able to get 2 kids as well as Schnides and Delaney.
It seems that North Melbourne plan is to move Cam Delaney to their rookie list to wait and see if his foot gets better or not.
He is contracted to North for 2015 but once he goes into the rookie draft North can NOT use that contract to prevent another club drafting him.
If no-one drafts him North have to pay out his contract.
If North rookie draft him his contract remains in place.
If anyone would know of his willingness to be drafted by St Kilda, Luke would know.
He could tell Bains and then keep it hush hush until the rookie draft.
But that all requires Bains to be prepared to take the risk and want Cam.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:He'd be a good back up kpb for nothing. We have no one at the moment if del goes down.
Is he a free pick? Of course he costs something. Gringo who are you delisting to get him? Just another ordinary footballer to add to our growing list.
If he's clear of serious medical issues then surely he would be a mile ahead of Simpkin? Pretty straightforward swap.
Great point as per usual 'Bergs! :idea: :D

(However, personally, I'd go so far as to substitute the term 'upgrade' for 'swap' .)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I'd rookie him. We have spots and if we take one mature body it adds to our older bodies plus we should be able to get 2 kids as well as Schnides and Delaney.
It seems that North Melbourne plan is to move Cam Delaney to their rookie list to wait and see if his foot gets better or not.
He is contracted to North for 2015 but once he goes into the rookie draft North can NOT use that contract to prevent another club drafting him.
If anyone would know of his willingness to be drafted by St Kilda, Luke would know.
But that all requires Bains to be prepared to take the risk and want Cam.[/quote]

If he can play, I say draft him... leave him out for a season and get that foot right

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

skeptic wrote:If he can play, I say draft him... leave him out for a season and get that foot right
This!!!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

6 games in 4 years. Clearly has a serious injury problem.

He's like Jesse Smith but nowhere near as good.

ace
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
ace wrote:I'd rookie him. We have spots and if we take one mature body it adds to our older bodies plus we should be able to get 2 kids as well as Schnides and Delaney.
But that all requires Bains to be prepared to take the risk and want Cam.

If he can play, I say draft him... leave him out for a season and get that foot right
I have been verballed - the quotes have been messed up.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I say don't waste anymore picks on ordinary players.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I say don't waste anymore picks on ordinary players.
He was a better player than our Luke by a bit and if not for the toe would be first picked by now. The danger is that he's another Jesse Smith but he could be a Joel Smith. Sydney got Ted Richards who would be a similar prospect and built their backline around him. Likewise Hawks with Josh Gibson. We seem to be lacking a second tall defender ATM. He's probably going to miss a year but is still young.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I say don't waste anymore picks on ordinary players.
He was a better player than our Luke by a bit and if not for the toe would be first picked by now. The danger is that he's another Jesse Smith but he could be a Joel Smith. Sydney got Ted Richards who would be a similar prospect and built their backline around him. Likewise Hawks with Josh Gibson. We seem to be lacking a second tall defender ATM. He's probably going to miss a year but is still young.

My Daughter is young. Why would we want a player who may miss a year? Is it that urgent that we lose a pick on a player who cant play next season? Luckily the club wont have any interest in him. Hopefully its the same with McKernan and patrenko.

saint6709
Club Player

Plugger you have stated elsewhere that you think one way to make a key back is to convert a key forward to play the role ( I'm pretty sure you have said that on another thread ) what is it about mckernan that you think doesn't make him a prospect to play back ? He tested well at draft for leap and agility which I would think good for a back - not sure about his speed test maybe that was terrible .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:Plugger you have stated elsewhere that you think one way to make a key back is to convert a key forward to play the role ( I'm pretty sure you have said that on another thread ) what is it about mckernan that you think doesn't make him a prospect to play back ? He tested well at draft for leap and agility which I would think good for a back - not sure about his speed test maybe that was terrible .

Yes I have certainly stated that but I also don't think a player with 6 years AFL experience who has been delisted isnt the type I was thinking about.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 02 Nov 2014 1:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

FQF
SS Life Member

Cam will certainly be looked at, and I doubt any decision would be made at this point. People can predict, but to state definitely the club's intentions is just arrogant.

saint6709
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saint6709 wrote:Plugger you have stated elsewhere that you think one way to make a key back is to convert a key forward to play the role ( I'm pretty sure you have said that on another thread ) what is it about mckernan that you think doesn't make him a prospect to play back ? He tested well at draft for leap and agility which I would think good for a back - not sure about his speed test maybe that was terrible .

Yes I have certainly stated that but I also don't think a player with 6 years AFL experience who has been delisted isnt the type I was thinking about.
You make a fair point - but I would think that is probably the only type of key forward who is going to be available to convert into a back -- if your chasing a gun FA for big $$ you are going to play him in his position I would think - ie you would get a gun back to play back ... The only other option I can see is to trade a draft pick for a fringe ( in terms of game time time) key forward and then convert them to a back - in which case I would think a delisted guy might offer the same potential.