Thanks TDL and CJ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thanks TDL and CJ

kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:I can see that being a big problem with our 22 Friday night games this year.

I didn't know it was only our club playing before the seniors. Wow we are bigger than I thought.
I couldn't care less what happens before non Saints games. It doesn't have to be a whole league thing. The Cats have done it in the past.

On Friday night? If that's true then go for it, if it isn't then I still don't get your point.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

No you don't.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:No you don't.

Kosi that is an answer of someone who is wrong. Please tell me about all the Geelong seconds Friday night game or any other club for that matter.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I didn't say any club had played seconds games on Friday night. Geelong have played seconds games as curtain raisers. So could we.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:I didn't say any club had played seconds games on Friday night. Geelong have played seconds games as curtain raisers. So could we.

Yes we can but my point is it wont be regular and we wont have under 19's. Maybe once or twice at the very most a year.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Why once or twice only?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:Why once or twice only?

Because that's what they are actually doing. Maybe you need to ask the AFL and the VFL. I don't get what you are playing at Kosi.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

But you're saying once or twice is the limit. Why not three times or ten? What are you playing at?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:But you're saying once or twice is the limit. Why not three times or ten? What are you playing at?

Because at the moment the AFL and VFL are doing that. I think it will some more games the year after and we may get one or two a year. My reasons are based on what is happening next season, the fact no games will probably be played on Fridays, the fact there will probably be no games at the G once it hits the colder and wetter months, the fact that I don't think Etihad will let games there when they 2 or 3 AFL games on a weekend and finally the actual lack of interest because they have to be played so early to give an hours break before the main game that no one will actually go and watch. So there you have it Kosi. They are my reasons that we may end up with one or two VFL games in 2016.

If you disagree could you kindly tell me how many VFL games we may end up with in 2016 and why? That's if you could bothered of course.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:But you're saying once or twice is the limit. Why not three times or ten? What are you playing at?

Because at the moment the AFL and VFL are doing that. I think it will some more games the year after and we may get one or two a year. My reasons are based on what is happening next season, the fact no games will probably be played on Fridays, the fact there will probably be no games at the G once it hits the colder and wetter months, the fact that I don't think Etihad will let games there when they 2 or 3 AFL games on a weekend and finally the actual lack of interest because they have to be played so early to give an hours break before the main game that no one will actually go and watch. So there you have it Kosi. They are my reasons that we may end up with one or two VFL games in 2016.

If you disagree could you kindly tell me how many VFL games we may end up with in 2016 and why? That's if you could bothered of course.
It wasn't so hard, was it?

Thanks for taking the time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

It wasn't so hard, was it?

Thanks for taking the time.
That's for that but the question remains, do you agree or disagree. Surely that's even easier than me explaining my position.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I would trial it a couple of times and see how it goes. We have been "blessed" with a number of twilight games so you could start a VFL game at 1:30. If it's really popular and the club gets some financial or other benefit, increase the number.

If there are no benefits or it causes too many problems with staffing, or other issues, then scrap it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:To be honest who cares. Obviously some but I couldn't give a rats.
I am the same.

TDL was awful and CJ (especially in his latter years) was not much better.

My reasons aren't that at all. If it lenny I wouldn't care either. Sandy IMO aren't the saints. They aren't a real side. They are a combination who are run by Sandy. I follow the saints and the saints players at Sandy. Not guys that were even Saints players.
Yes and no.

Yes they aren't the Saints but their coach is on our payroll and we try and influence them as much as we can, as we should.

So given that, you should care to a degree if that makes sense.

Yep I care that Saints players aren't injured. I don't give a clacker whether they win or lose.
P66 we know your attachment to the club is strictly game-day, win-lose related.

If you don't give a clacker about what happens outside of that, I'm not sure why you're moved to post about it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:To be honest who cares. Obviously some but I couldn't give a rats.
I am the same.

TDL was awful and CJ (especially in his latter years) was not much better.

My reasons aren't that at all. If it lenny I wouldn't care either. Sandy IMO aren't the saints. They aren't a real side. They are a combination who are run by Sandy. I follow the saints and the saints players at Sandy. Not guys that were even Saints players.
Yes and no.

Yes they aren't the Saints but their coach is on our payroll and we try and influence them as much as we can, as we should.

So given that, you should care to a degree if that makes sense.

Yep I care that Saints players aren't injured. I don't give a clacker whether they win or lose.
P66 we know your attachment to the club is strictly game-day, win-lose related.

If you don't give a clacker about what happens outside of that, I'm not sure why you're moved to post about it.
Because I like the sound of my own voice.