Riewoldt's role

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Re: Riewoldt's role

I would not be surprised to see him play deeper in the forward line almost a permanent full forward.
He is getting older as is his knee and this may be the best course of action for longevity.
The longer he can stay playing and importantly training the better for the young guys coming through.
It is acknowledged that he is a fantastic role model on the track and while we are in a development phase that is probably his most important role.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

There is nothing I want more this year than for Lee and White to have big years and take the pressure off Roo and also so we are less predictable.

I'll be very disappointed if at least one of those two guys doesn't have a good year.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Pity we can't swap some of Riewoldt's AA's and Best and fairests for a flag!
Too much about the individual not enough about the team.
He will demand the footy and run his guts out like he always has.
He will be manic and desperate and he'll be a brilliant role model for the young tall forwards

He will lead by example both on and off the field. I'm guessing that the best position he's suited to and that he enjoys and that he can give value to the current team is playing FF/CHF

The dilemna for the coaches (and for long suffering fans like whiskers who understand we have to bite the bullet on a full rebuild) is that he will demand to play each game like he always has.