How many wins this year?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: How many wins this year?

saintspremiers wrote:
BakesFan wrote:
kosifantutti wrote:Are we talking home and away or are we including finals?
:D I love those who think outside the box... great question, kosi!
The drugs are good n cheap nowadays, so there is no reason not to believe it can't be a Saints Bombers granny.

That's what Hirdy's crystal ball (meth) says, and Richo always puts "no limits" on our group.
I really wish they would stop saying that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

You'd rather he'd say "Our team is limited". That would be great encouragement for young players looking at another finishing bottom again. You always have them aim high so they push themselves.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:You'd rather he'd say "Our team is limited". That would be great encouragement for young players looking at another finishing bottom again. You always have them aim high so they push themselves.
How literal of you.

The only alternative is the opposite and that's just what I must have meant.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Not many - after seeing how disappointingly poor our skills have been in our 2 practice matches, 4-5 wins. Hoping for 6 at the very most. Our best chances will be in the first part of what is going to be another very long season.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Roberton was saying he thinks it's the best everyone's feel and the first time the saints really know the game plan back to front. Lee was saying he thinks our back line is just about the best in the AFL this year with Fisher and Roberton back. Both were pumped and confident the team is on the rise. He rated savage very highly and mentioned his return as important for the backs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Roberton was saying he thinks it's the best everyone's feel and the first time the saints really know the game plan back to front. Lee was saying he thinks our back line is just about the best in the AFL this year with Fisher and Roberton back. Both were pumped and confident the team is on the rise. He rated savage very highly and mentioned his return as important for the backs.

Seriously I think Lee thinks like he plays footy at the moment.

citywest

Wins are not the main aim this year. We need to get at least another 15 games into all the youngsters and minimize injuries if at all possible.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:Wins are not the main aim this year. We need to get at least another 15 games into all the youngsters and minimize injuries if at all possible.
Mazeltov.

You've finally said something sensible that nearly everyone will agree with.

So buddy, how many wins do you think we (as in St.Kilda) will win this year?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Not many - after seeing how disappointingly poor our skills have been in our 2 practice matches, 4-5 wins. Hoping for 6 at the very most. Our best chances will be in the first part of what is going to be another very long season.
Having watched a number of other NAB games, I'm not sure our skills compare that badly with the others. I think we've looked okay, actually.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Roberton was saying he thinks it's the best everyone's feel and the first time the saints really know the game plan back to front. Lee was saying he thinks our back line is just about the best in the AFL this year with Fisher and Roberton back. Both were pumped and confident the team is on the rise. He rated savage very highly and mentioned his return as important for the backs.

Good to see you still don't bag players. He said for some reason he's become a whipping boy. I wider where players get these paranoid ideas? Any way I was using it to demonstrate there is a very positive vibe around the club at the moment. The players feel we are heading in the right direction. Even if the wins don't come to regularly the vibe is good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Good to see you still don't bag players. He said for some reason he's become a whipping boy. I wider where players get these paranoid ideas? Any way I was using it to demonstrate there is a very positive vibe around the club at the moment. The players feel we are heading in the right direction. Even if the wins don't come to regularly the vibe is good.
You must ask the strangest questions. Have you seen the old lady on flying high who hangs herself. My point is players will say anything to supporters but get them around friends is when you hear the truth. We have a very ordinary backline but not as bad as the midfield. The forward line could be ok though.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Bluthy wrote:You'd rather he'd say "Our team is limited". That would be great encouragement for young players looking at another finishing bottom again. You always have them aim high so they push themselves.
How literal of you.

Well what did you mean? Richo wants his players to feel anything is possible even though deep down he'll know how much of a struggle it will be to win this year. That's just how you create an environment designed to maximise development, confidence and good feeling at the club. You need to start running at that hill with momentum because it will soon get damn hard. Melbourne got to the point where they no longer believed they could win, or that the club even wanted them to win, and things went south scarily quick. Its a bit of an annoying cliché I admit - taken straight from the Port Adelaide motivation manual - but I don't see the harm - in fact I see the good.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Our backline will be our best section this year which we need because the ball will be coming down a lot. We've got some real depth there, with experience and toughness - Fisher, Dempster, Delaney, Geary, Roberton, Webster, Wright, Murdoch, Goddard, Savage, Shenton, Gilbert to come back at some point, maybe even players like McKenzie, Billings and Ares can be tried as running backs to give us some run and long kicking. A lot of those players are probably not the future but they can keep us competitive and let us integrate in players like Goddard and McKenzie nicely. It will be competitive for spots and even a player like Webster is not a walk up start - he's got to show that he can bring an edge out on the field - or they can try him on ball.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You must ask the strangest questions. Have you seen the old lady on flying high who hangs herself. My point is players will say anything to supporters but get them around friends is when you hear the truth. We have a very ordinary backline but not as bad as the midfield. The forward line could be ok though.
So you are saying Lenny jack Steven and head are all bagging our team when you see them. I asked tom lee if he knew if they were playing him against the hawks. He's very chatty and friendly so went through a few subjects. I told him the forwards and backs looked like there was heap of competition for spots.
He talked up how good the back line is looking.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So you are saying Lenny jack Steven and head are all bagging our team when you see them. I asked tom lee if he knew if they were playing him against the hawks. He's very chatty and friendly so went through a few subjects. I told him the forwards and backs looked like there was heap of competition for spots.

When do I see them? Bagging the side. I would doubt they would ever do that. I have never heard any player bag our side. I have heard players say we can book our holiday in the first week of September though. Its called being realistic. They would never tell anyone at a supporters day that though. And yes I agree there is a heap of competition for spots in the backline.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
How literal of you.

Well what did you mean? Richo wants his players to feel anything is possible even though deep down he'll know how much of a struggle it will be to win this year. That's just how you create an environment designed to maximise development, confidence and good feeling at the club. You need to start running at that hill with momentum because it will soon get damn hard. Melbourne got to the point where they no longer believed they could win, or that the club even wanted them to win, and things went south scarily quick. Its a bit of an annoying cliché I admit - taken straight from the Port Adelaide motivation manual - but I don't see the harm - in fact I see the good.
Ok but as we are probably looking at two consecutive wooden spoons, putting it out there that we're not placing any limits on we're we could finish, or words to that effect is not credible or does not pass the laugh test.

I'm sure that they could come up with better words and a more relevant and realistic message.

To put it bluntly Bluthy, it sounds like a wank.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When do I see them? Bagging the side. I would doubt they would ever do that. I have never heard any player bakg our side. I have heard players say we can book our holiday in the first week of September though. Its called being realistic. They would never tell anyone at a supporters day that though. And yes I agree there is a heap of competition for spots in the backline.
But you said Lenny was a mate and I assume that's a friend. So from what your saying is those guys are already writing off seasons before they play. Lucky we haven't resigned Steven yet if he's wasting our time. Lenny might be best gone after all. If your hearts not in it go work somewhere else. Realistically we will finish bottom three unless we improve but we shouldn't be setting our sights there or we will stay there.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

When do I see them? Bagging the side. I would doubt they would ever do that. I have never heard any player bakg our side. I have heard players say we can book our holiday in the first week of September though. Its called being realistic. They would never tell anyone at a supporters day that though. And yes I agree there is a heap of competition for spots in the backline.
But you said Lenny was a mate and I assume that's a friend. So from what your saying is those guys are already writing off seasons before they play. Lucky we haven't resigned Steven yet if he's wasting our time. Lenny might be best gone after all. If your hearts not in it go work somewhere else. Realistically we will finish bottom three unless we improve but we shouldn't be setting our sights there or we will stay there.

Where do you come up with this stuff. I cant see anyone who has said Jack is wasting our time. I think you are living in fantasyland if you think the bottom side of last year thinks they can play in finals this year. I don't even get your first point regarding Lenny. And who said players hearts aren't in the game. I am really worried about Lee doing a flying high if you speak in riddles like you are typing now.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

2-4 wins, hope I'm wrong, and we sneak a few more

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

4 wins. We will battle it out with the Doggies for the spoon.
No Libba and no Griff simply has to hurt them.
Blues and Demons a little ahead of us but not by much.

Our backline is good. Our fwd line (when Roo plays) is passable.
But our midfield is the worst in the AFL.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Our backline is good. Our fwd line (when Roo plays) is passable.
But our midfield is the worst in the AFL.
That's a good and succinct way to break it down.

Our backline does look a bit more solid with a healthy Fisher down there, but with the amount of inside 50s we're going to concede they're still going to struggle big time. Also, small/quick forwards killed us last year - I'm not sure we have a solution.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

How many times do we play Freo?

Nee!
citywest

History says that teams do not go the whole season without a win. Yet in 2015 St Kilda may re-write history and have a winless season. I can't see us beating GWS or Footscray. The only 2 teams that we may beat this year are Carlton or Melbourne.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

citywest wrote:History says that teams do not go the whole season without a win. Yet in 2015 St Kilda may re-write history and have a winless season. I can't see us beating GWS or Footscray. The only 2 teams that we may beat this year are Carlton or Melbourne.

Yep. Lucky the mods rang you.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

If Essendon have a lot of their players suspended we will beat them. So that could be 1, maybe 2 wins depending on the length of their suspension.
GWS round 1 down here.
We will beat Melbourne at Etihad.
Maybe given an ultimatum that another loss in Wellington is not an option when we play Carlton.
And maybe the Doggies. If they lose Crameri that is another massive loss for them. We play them twice.
Of course if there are no suspensions that will cut back on potential wins. I think we will definitely win 2.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.