Changes v Puppies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Puppies

Bluthy wrote:They've gone conservative again this week which is disappointing.
I actually feel sorry for you, not in a condescending way, but your obsession with dropping Schneider is completely clouding your grasp on reality.

Saying the same wrong thing over & over does not make it right...

Last week we had 14 players with less than 50 games experience and only 5 with over 100 games experience. This week we will have 7 experienced players…

NOTHING about that could possibly be considered conservative.

saintsRrising put it very well
saintsRrising wrote:We don't actually have that many "ole fellas" in the team....so we are blooding a heap of youngsters at present. .Kids learn more if they can play in a reasonably competitive team. They also need rolemodels to emulate in the hear of battle.

FF 15 Jack Billings 1 Tom Hickey 37 Jack Lonie

HF 27 Josh Bruce 12 Nick Riewoldt 13 Adam Schneider

C 11 Leigh Montagna 20 David Armitage 16 Jack Newnes

HB 14 Jarryn Geary 25 Sam Fisher 17 Dylan Roberton

FB 24 Sean Dempster 21 Luke Delaney 29 Jimmy Webster

INTERCHANGE
5 Shane Savage
36 Daniel McKenzie
40 Jack Sinclair
44 Maverick Weller

I watched the replay again, and Schneider apart from his last 2 stuff ups had a pretty sensational game.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I think I'm on board the rebuild, cause that annoys me...
which part exactly k?
Just the birth certificates are irrelevant, reward form, rebuild business...

Acres needs games, just my opinion
Agree. That's why the sub rule is just so s***. I bet AR didn't want McKenzie to put the vest on in his 1st game because that would be a crap way to start your career so Acres pays for it after a couple of dominant games in the 2s and he has to go back to get some game time because Joey and the Captain come back.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

so shocked that Saad didn't force his way in.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Bluthy wrote:They've gone conservative again this week which is disappointing.
I actually feel sorry for you, not in a condescending way, but your obsession with dropping Schneider is completely clouding your grasp on reality.

Saying the same wrong thing over & over does not make it right...
Ah, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Bluthy will hit the jackpot at some point in the next couple of weeks!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:so shocked that Saad didn't force his way in.
Yes.

Saad for Schneider.

Discuss.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbob
SS Life Member

I'm thinking a late change is coming, with Acres back in for Hickey.

We can't go in with two ruckmen against the Dogs otherwise they'll carve us up with pace.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
which part exactly k?

I suppose on form he is the first out. It was probably always out of Acres, Sinclair or Mckenzie so a young guy was always going to miss out.
So why is Schneider playing then, i thought it was experience?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:
which part exactly k?

I suppose on form he is the first out. It was probably always out of Acres, Sinclair or Mckenzie so a young guy was always going to miss out.
So why is Schneider playing then, i thought it was experience?

Schneider gets a game on 2 counts. Form and experience. If he was 21 we would be going off our head on how well he is playing.

#gosaintas
Club Player

The great thing about Schneider is that we know what we will get from him. 20 possies, a couple of missed tackles, a couple of errant look away handballs, some flopping and diving, a clever kick or two and a missed clutch goal. What's not to love?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:The great thing about Schneider is that we know what we will get from him. 20 possies, a couple of missed tackles, a couple of errant look away handballs, some flopping and diving, a clever kick or two and a missed clutch goal. What's not to love?

We have obviously never had a good coach or selection committee.

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:The great thing about Schneider is that we know what we will get from him. 20 possies, a couple of missed tackles, a couple of errant look away handballs, some flopping and diving, a clever kick or two and a missed clutch goal. What's not to love?

He has been consistently better than what we had running around in the twos these last years. I'm not sure that is the case now. His time is over in my opinion but this is just a fan forum and obviously plenty, including the match committee, disagree!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He has been consistently better than what we had running around in the twos these last years. I'm not sure that is the case now. His time is over in my opinion but this is just a fan forum and obviously plenty, including the match committee, disagree!
Who in the reserves is going to average:

22 disposals
9.5 contested possessions
5.0 tackles
1.3 goal assists

That's Schneider's game averages for this year so far.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

This

But you forgot a dive or two - that's guaranteed

#1 Ryder fan
#gosaintas
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

22 disposals
5.0 tackles
1.3 goal assists

I'd rather have Acres, Minch or Eli but you're right, none of them are going to average that straight away. By the end of the year they might if we play them.
I doubt Schneider will improve. I understand playing him if we have injuries but with a full list, I wouldn't.
Anyway, he is in the team and we will see what he gives us.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:I'm thinking a late change is coming, with Acres back in for Hickey.

We can't go in with two ruckmen against the Dogs otherwise they'll carve us up with pace.

I'm surprised they haven't brought back Minson and are going in with just Cordy. We ought to be able to dominate the rucks

saynta
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think we are putting up a very competitive side. Joey and Riewoldt are our two best veterans and stuck by the club. Should get instant call ups unless their form is horrible. Acres is a long term project. We signed him up for 5 years. We are seeing a good player long term but right now he isn't demanding his spot. Webster is more experienced and plays the rebound back role well when going. Mc Kenzie did really well for a first game and is ahead of Acres right now. We probably don't play both at this stage. Guys like Eli, Lee and saunders have been doing well in the VFL and aren't getting a call up either. It's a tough game.
I agree with your comments. The coaches know what they are doing. You have to feel for both boys but in the end they were the logical outs.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
saintbob wrote:I'm thinking a late change is coming, with Acres back in for Hickey.

I'm surprised they haven't brought back Minson and are going in with just Cordy. We ought to be able to dominate the rucks
Minson has been named as an emergency. Might now come into the team seeing we stuck with the two talls.

spert
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

22 disposals
5.0 tackles
1.3 goal assists

Might be getting possessions, but doesn't seem that effective with his possessions so far in any game, and for all the talk of "experience" as the be-all and end-all, well would Lonie have kicked the two goals Schneids missed the other day- probably, would Acres, Sinclair, McKenzie have slotted those goals- probably.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Minson has been named as an emergency. Might now come into the team seeing we stuck with the two talls.

Maybe they will. Be a nice change to see a team react to us rather than the reverse. Thing is, in Longer and Hickey, we have two potential A-graders. Play em both I reckon.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Tim Membrey is unlucky to be omitted for mine.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Tim Membrey is unlucky to be omitted for mine.
I agree. Hasn't kicked a lot of goals, which may have counted against him, but looks a player. He'll be back

amusingname
Club Player

spert wrote:
bergholt wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

22 disposals
5.0 tackles
1.3 goal assists

Might be getting possessions, but doesn't seem that effective with his possessions so far in any game, and for all the talk of "experience" as the be-all and end-all, well would Lonie have kicked the two goals Schneids missed the other day- probably, would Acres, Sinclair, McKenzie have slotted those goals- probably.

Lonie was running into an open goal in the last and shanked it pretty badly as well. Schneider's last one was a very tricky kick given the way it bounced on him, still should have kicked it, but not an absolute certainty.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
I agree. Hasn't kicked a lot of goals, which may have counted against him, but looks a player. He'll be back
He's a tough player and brings a liveliness to the forward line. Would be interesting to analyse his work rate. I'm guessing he does a lot of one percenters. They could have at least just relegated him to Sub. I reckon he could potentially be very useful to come in fresh late in the game, particularly when veteran players like Schnieder are struggling to keep their attrition levels up.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
He's a tough player and brings a liveliness to the forward line. Would be interesting to analyse his work rate. I'm guessing he does a lot of one percenters. They could have at least just relegated him to Sub. I reckon he could potentially be very useful to come in fresh late in the game, particularly when veteran players like Schnieder are struggling to keep their attrition levels up.
In a few weeks the LTI players will be back, so presumably the rookies will again be rookies.

So spots will open again for Membrey and Acres etc.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Membrey has kicked 1 goal in 4 weeks and is making way for Nick Riewoldt... I wouldn't call him unlucky.
Last edited by dragit on Fri 08 May 2015 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.