Sinclair

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sinclair

FQF wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Gee there was one high profile poster on here who was having a great big sook at the end of last year after the Saints took another couple of Oakleigh Chargers in the Draft and Rookie Draft.

Think said poster suggested our recruiters were a bit lazy. That they should've looked interstate for talent. That we shouldn't have just gone and picked up Jack Billing's best mate.

Long way to go yet I know, but I think most supporters would be most pleased that Trout and Co picked up McKenzie and Sinclair.

Credit where credit's due as they say :)
I believe the poster is not currently able to give the due credit.
:lol: :P 8-)

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman said in part :
Long way to go yet I know, but I think most supporters would be most pleased that Trout and Co picked up McKenzie and Sinclair.

Yes, I agree Doc. They could easily have been overlooked due to their smaller size. These two have what I call "footy smarts" about them. Like.

#gosaintas
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:it better not be Schneider

Why? If both players have similar form to now and the club is going ok then I think he would probably get the spot.
If both players are in similar form then surely you give the spot to the player that offers upside. Schneider is not going to get any better.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why? If both players have similar form to now and the club is going ok then I think he would probably get the spot.
If both players are in similar form then surely you give the spot to the player that offers upside. Schneider is not going to get any better.

But he is more likely to help you win games and Sinclair will be getting tired by then based on previous experiences. It could go either way but its far from and open and shut case.

StPeter
Club Player

I am a huge fan of Sinclair.

He showed he has what it takes from his first pre-season game.

He could prove to be the best of all our recent draft picks.

saint-stu
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:Dr Spaceman said in part :

Yes, I agree Doc. They could easily have been overlooked due to their smaller size. These two have what I call "footy smarts" about them. Like.
Sinclair is 180, but DMac and Billings 184. I wouldn't call the latter two small?

1ac46a38
saintbob
SS Life Member

A lot to like about young Jack

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But he is more likely to help you win games and Sinclair will be getting tired by then based on previous experiences. It could go either way but its far from and open and shut case.

I tend to agree it is probably more likely to go to Schnieder as he is more likely to be able to play as a mid for longer. Sinkers will be a gun long after Schnieds has retired.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

The kid's lethal near goal. Knows exactly where they are, and most importantly, how to finish.

The majority of his goals have been kicked from close-ish range, under pressure and in congestion.

He has always executed the correct kick; keeping them low, others with a bit of a lob. I believe a player with less finesse would have had most of the same opportunities smothered and/or tackled.

Along with Lonie and Billings, the class by foot and clear headed decision making is something we haven't had before. Just incredibly talented.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair, Lonie, Billings all skillful, tenacious, intelligent. They will give the opposition plenty of headaches in the future, if they aren't already!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
The Recruit
Club Player

It will be Sinclair. No future in Schneider.....
We also need to remember Sinclair has had a season in the VFL so should do well towards the end of season.....the 'might get tired' argument isn't as strong as the 'get games into the young kids' argument.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
It will be Sinclair. No future in Schneider.....
We also need to remember Sinclair has had a season in the VFL so should do well towards the end of season.....the 'might get tired' argument isn't as strong as the 'get games into the young kids' argument.
I though he played 2 games at Pr Melbourne

Posting 20 years of holey crap!