Changes For Next Week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Re: Changes For Next Week

Geary wont play this week, neither Roo.
Not sure abt Joey though.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
I would reanimate the ghost of Barks4eva and go bezerk here, then kidnap Chris Pelchen and lock him alone in the list managers office with a phone and play him the recorded thoughts of Dermott Brereton until we won a premiership.
Oldboy?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
tony74 wrote:I've said all along that Blake is a huge talent. Got more than a bit of Pendelbury about him. But he's just a kid and will be monstered by big bodied opposition midfielders. I mean he doesn't even shave yet! He'll get his chance Con.
Yep fair enough. No hurry. Nice 5 year contract :-)
And he is a very young kid. Still only 19.5.
Welcome back Con. How did you spend your holiday?

I put my head down, stayed out of trouble and worked on the things I was asked to by the leadership group and the coaches. Worked on my mental application and got the skinfolds down. I didn't want to become the next Colin Sylvia.
Haha - Welcome back mate!

I won't mention the Sch-word...

Roo, Sinclair & Lonie will be the obvious outs you'd think...

Geary & Montagna would come in if fit,

Membrey, Ray & Acres would be close to the fringe too...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm hearing joey wasn't cautionary, he hurt something?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Out..
Reiwoldt, Lonie (concussion)
Shenton, Templeton, Sinclair (return to rookie list)

In... Geary, Ray, Montagna if fit, otherwise Minchinton. Acres, Lee.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
I would reanimate the ghost of Barks4eva and go bezerk here, then kidnap Chris Pelchen and lock him alone in the list managers office with a phone and play him the recorded thoughts of Dermott Brereton until we won a premiership.
Oldboy?

As in the Korean film? Classic disturbing cinema. Makes Tarantino look mild.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

A couple of things - Lonie will play - most players do after mild concussion the following week.

Schneider won't be dropped as both Roo and Joey are extremely likely outs and we need experience.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:A couple of things - Lonie will play - most players do after mild concussion the following week.
Lonie could be rested regardless IMO. He's a little fella who has played seniors since round 1 and has copped a sore knee against the Pies and now a concussion against the Crows.

If Paddy & HG were rested from Sandy yesterday then no reason why the Saints may not decide to give Jack a week off, regardless of whether or not he is passed as fit to play.

FQF
SS Life Member

If Joey is fit, he's an obvious in. We must find room for Acres and probably Ray IMO.

In: Joey Acres Membrey/Lee
Out: Sinclair Lonie Riewoldt

I think Dunstan has to be on notice that if he doesn't lift his output he will be replaced.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:A couple of things - Lonie will play - most players do after mild concussion the following week.
Lonie could be rested regardless IMO. He's a little fella who has played seniors since round 1 and has copped a sore knee against the Pies and now a concussion against the Crows.

If Paddy & HG were rested from Sandy yesterday then no reason why the Saints may not decide to give Jack a week off, regardless of whether or not he is passed as fit to play.
Yes I think we can afford to be extremely cautious at the moment, there is no need for him to play a week after concussion even if he passes the relevant tests… it would be a good chance to get games into a few others waiting on the sidelines... I don't think there are any doubts - Lonie & Sinclair can play - they will be back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Exactly. Didn't know SP was on match committee. Well done SP. Anyway I reckon rooy, Lonie and Sinclair are out and in comes Acres, membery and Minchington.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Exactly. Didn't know SP was on match committee. Well done SP. Anyway I reckon rooy, Lonie and Sinclair are out and in comes Acres, membery and Minchington.
If Joey doesn't come up, then Ray is probably in before Minchington.

Will probably be Membrey for Roo, but Lee gave himself a sniff with a dominant performance.

Saint wagga
Club Player

out: Roo, Lonie, Dunstan, Sinclair
In: Membrey, Minchi, Curren, Acres

SUb: Schneider

Think Curren has earnt a crack at the inside mid role with consistent numbers in the 2's...Deserves his crack on form over dunstan IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Will probably be Membrey for Roo, but Lee gave himself a sniff with a dominant performance.

Didn't he play as a backman?

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
FQF wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Didn't he play as a backman?
Played forward for second half and kicked two goals, set up another. (I wasn't there, but that's the report)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

OUT: Roo, Lonie, Sinclair

Other could also be dropped, but I suspect that the club will not want to make too many changes, and wil be happy to give players like Templetona second crack.

With Roo not playing I would give Lee a crack as he has been in good form, is an excellent field kick and canplay the Roo linking role as well as up forward, or down back.

IN: Lee, Acres, Minch

Which will leave us with a reasonably well ballance team.

Saad has had a pretty dynamic 2 weeks and so it would not surprise if he erans recall woth Lonie and Sinclair both out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
FQF
SS Life Member

I would only want Saad to be considered if he plays dominant footy (tackles, goals, no fading) for a month. He's similar to TDL who can excel at VFL but can't make the jump.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I just hope they dont bring in the Minch for a single game against the Hawks where we get thrashed and they say oh yeah not good enough. That would be grossly unfair on a kid in the final year of his contract. He needs a fair go. His last 10-12 games in the VFL have been very good to excellent. He has earnt a fair go.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I just hope they dont bring in the Minch for a single game against the Hawks where we get thrashed and they say oh yeah not good enough. That would be grossly unfair on a kid in the final year of his contract. He needs a fair go. His last 10-12 games in the VFL have been very good to excellent. He has earnt a fair go.

That's fine but now we are saying similar of Curren but when he played his 2 ordinary games in the ones this year just about everyone wanted him dropped. Lets face it if Minch comes in and doesn't have an impact in 2 games just about everyone on here will want him dropped again. I think I will be one of them.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Remember we are playing 2nd on the ladder. I don't want Acres in as he doesn't seem hard enough for AFL level yet and could get smashed by the Eagles.

Would like to see Lee in but would that mean say Fisher playing further forward due to Roos absence?

Also don't want Membrey in - not up to it.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Remember we are playing 2nd on the ladder. I don't want Acres in as he doesn't seem hard enough for AFL level yet and could get smashed by the Eagles.

Would like to see Lee in but would that mean say Fisher playing further forward due to Roos absence?

Also don't want Membrey in - not up to it.

That's actually not a bad idea having Lee and Fisher swapping between forward and back. If Lee looks lost he goes forward and Fisher goes back. Fisher would at least pull down a heap of marks up and could set up play from CHF. At worst Lee can play a sacrificial forward role to free up Bruce and hickey.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

This thread completely destroys my anticipation for Thursdays 'Guess this weeks ins and outs' thread.

Whats the point now?!! :cry:

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Out Roo Sinclair Schneider

In Montagna Membery Saad

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
Oldboy?

As in the Korean film? Classic disturbing cinema. Makes Tarantino look mild.
guy spends twenty years in captivity without getting so much as raped or beaten, walks out, eats some seafood, gets in a brawl, bags some hot young chick and cries about it?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:This thread completely destroys my anticipation for Thursdays 'Guess this weeks ins and outs' thread.

Whats the point now?!! :cry:
I think this one is meant to be a longer form discussion on the game and who we think should be dropped, whereas the Thursday one is what we think the changes will actually be.

It's an incredibly dynamic and exciting place is SS.