Billy's nose !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Billy's nose !!

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:Have a look at the replay Plugger. It was a free any day of the week. Gawn was behind Billy with his arms wrapped around him. At the last moment he tries to throw Billy sideways and hits his nose.

I watched it about an hour ago.
Well, you are not much of an umpire then, but then again, who is?

Probably 20 of those yesterday. If you want 100 frees in a game then lets pay every single free you can see. I think that type of thing is a battle of strength.
Can you name the other 19 where the player was held then smacked in the face and was forced off the ground with blood streaming from his nose.

Funnily enough I didn't see those other 19 - lol

No idea. Made up the number based on previous experiences. Can you explain the emotive use of saying blood from his nose. You do know that wasn't a free for that part of the decision, don't you. Or do you want frees for accidental contact to the head in marking contests. That will stop the high marks. Not sure it improves the game though. And were you wrong when you told me previously that Longer punched the ball in the last 2 minutes when he clearly just stuffed up a sitter of a mark? Lol. My daughter typed that.

SaintJohn1956
Club Player

I thought Longer was hard done by yesterday.

Almost every boundary throw in he was grabbed by Gawn and not one free kick that I can remember - he got one in the middle once I think.
I thought that at the boundary throw ins no contact was allowed until the umpire threw it in. Or has that rule changed again?

Saint John
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintJohn1956 wrote:I thought Longer was hard done by yesterday.

Almost every boundary throw in he was grabbed by Gawn and not one free kick that I can remember - he got one in the middle once I think.
I thought that at the boundary throw ins no contact was allowed until the umpire threw it in. Or has that rule changed again?

One metre apart until it leaves the umpires hands. That gives them plenty of time to wrestle because they throw it in so far.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

No idea. Made up the number based on previous experiences. Can you explain the emotive use of saying blood from his nose. You do know that wasn't a free for that part of the decision, don't you. Or do you want frees for accidental contact to the head in marking contests. That will stop the high marks. Not sure it improves the game though. And were you wrong when you told me previously that Longer punched the ball in the last 2 minutes when he clearly just stuffed up a sitter of a mark? Lol. My daughter typed that.
Nothing emotive at all. Just asked you to verify the 20 0ther incident that left the player with a blood nose after being smacked high by an opposition player.

Cant remember typing anything about Longer, don't know what you are referring to. Can you remind me?

Why is your daughter typing lol on your account.

You really go off on tangents when shown to be wrong don't you P66. Strange replies from you.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nothing emotive at all. Just asked you to verify the 20 0ther incident that left the player with a blood nose after being smacked high by an opposition player.

Cant remember typing anything about Longer, don't know what you are referring to. Can you remind me?

Why is your daughter typing lol on your account.

You really go off on tangents when shown to be wrong don't you P66. Strange replies from you.

I said I was wrong. Unlike you it doesn't worry me. And I try to answer questions. You ignore them when it gets all to hard. And if my daughter wants to type she can. Is it a crime?
Do you think Longer should have got a free for the accidental contact to the head in a marking contest?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Accidental head high contact is still a free kick.

Or at least, is supposed to be.

Not according to P66 it isn't

Not in a marking contest otherwise what happens when you jump on someones head when making a realistic attempt at a mark. I reckon I may know a few rules from umpiring over the years. I may not pay them correctly but I know them. Max accidently hit Billy whilst taking the mark. That will and never should be paid. If it was a swinging arm it isn't accidental.
Incidental.contact is not a free kick in a marking contest.

Accidental is different.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Accidental head high contact is still a free kick.

Or at least, is supposed to be.

Not according to P66 it isn't

Not in a marking contest otherwise what happens when you jump on someones head when making a realistic attempt at a mark. I reckon I may know a few rules from umpiring over the years. I may not pay them correctly but I know them. Max accidently hit Billy whilst taking the mark. That will and never should be paid. If it was a swinging arm it isn't accidental.
Incidental.contact is not a free kick in a marking contest.

Accidental is different.

It isn't a free. its that simple. I think that certainly would be classed as incidental contact. matter of fact im certain.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

If Billy had his arms up to actually try to mark the ball he wouldn't have got whacked in the nose.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"