Eli

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Eli

Wearing CJ's number and sporting CJ's hairdo, kinda weird. Anyway, I can't see how dropping him would be a positive step in his development. He needs at least another game to settle.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Sinclair and Lonie are so far ahead of the likes of Eli and Mitch it's not even funny.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saint wagga
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:Sinclair and Lonie are so far ahead of the likes of Eli and Mitch it's not even funny.
No, I don't think they are.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Sinclair and Lonie are so far ahead of the likes of Eli and Mitch it's not even funny.

I hope they are otherwise all 4 probably wont make it.

Saint wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:

Richo seemed a pretty large rap on Eli last year, mentioned him constantly along with billings and dunstan as the 'next gen' of guns coming thru. Whipped straight off the rookie and contacted up; all signs he's rated pretty highly by the only people that matter. If i was a betting man, I'd say 2 will make it to 100 gamers, my money would be on Eli and Lonie

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:

Richo seemed a pretty large rap on Eli last year, mentioned him constantly along with billings and dunstan as the 'next gen' of guns coming thru. Whipped straight off the rookie and contacted up; all signs he's rated pretty highly by the only people that matter. If i was a betting man, I'd say 2 will make it to 100 gamers, my money would be on Eli and Lonie

As you can tell im going with Sinclair and Lonie as bot h of them have already shown they can run through the middle. The other 2 haven't shown that at all unfortunately. Eli has a while to go but Minchington is on his last legs.

SMS
Club Player

He will make it.

Saints v gws round 2 2013
Watch it closely. Theres your answer.
Gun.

Just needs his confidence back. Crikey hes 19/20 loving interstate had his arm nearly amputated give him a break. Great skill there and footy brain. He'll be right.

Saint wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:

As you can tell im going with Sinclair and Lonie as bot h of them have already shown they can run through the middle. The other 2 haven't shown that at all unfortunately. Eli has a while to go but Minchington is on his last legs.
I'm not grouping Lonie and Sinclair together, I rate Lonie far better at this stage. Both have had time on ball, but i'd hardly say they have demonstrated they can 'run thru the middle'. SInclair floats in and out of games, he's classy yes and doing great for his experience, but his posi tally hasn't topped 15 (if thats wrong cuorrect me someone please).

I certainly feel both have been gven far more lee way in holding their spots over Minchi mostly, but even Eli this year. There's an element that these are Richo's boys, first year he had any say in draft/recruiting descions...if people say that an element of coaches favourites doesn't exsist, i disagree, it's part of human psychology 101, ask any parent with more than 1 kid if they like them 'the same' etc...but i digress.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saint wagga wrote:

Each to their own but I think you are really underrated Sinclair, he is such a clean handler of the ball, and has such a scoreboard impact. Billings, Sinclair and Lonie will all power their way to 100 games... Eli might get there but less convincingly and Minch won't be on the list by 2017... All imo ofcourse.

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Rosco
Club Player

Saint wagga wrote: I'm not grouping Lonie and Sinclair together, I rate Lonie far better at this stage. Both have had time on ball, but i'd hardly say they have demonstrated they can 'run thru the middle'. SInclair floats in and out of games, he's classy yes and doing great for his experience, but his posi tally hasn't topped 15 (if thats wrong cuorrect me someone please).

I certainly feel both have been gven far more lee way in holding their spots over Minchi mostly, but even Eli this year. There's an element that these are Richo's boys, first year he had any say in draft/recruiting descions...if people say that an element of coaches favourites doesn't exsist, i disagree, it's part of human psychology 101, ask any parent with more than 1 kid if they like them 'the same' etc...but i digress.
Sinclair had one game of 19 possessions, along with 2x 15 poss. 19 against Gold Coast Round 2.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

While both have plenty of time up their sleeve, Sinclair is streets ahead of Eli at this stage, no doubt in the world. Twice as many goals per game for starters.

Templeton has looked lost at AFL level, while Sinclair is a bona fide starting 18 player.

Still time for him though, but it is a hard team to break into as a small forward at the moment, hopefully he gets another chance to redeem himself.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="dragit"]While both have plenty of time up their sleeve, Sinclair is streets ahead of Eli at this stage, no doubt in the world. Twice as many goals per game for starters.

Templeton has looked lost at AFL level, while Sinclair is a bona fide starting 18 player.

Still time for him though, but it is a hard team to break into as a small forward at the moment, hopefully he gets another chance to redeem himself.[/quote]

This. A few full games would be nice

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
Saint wagga wrote: I'm not grouping Lonie and Sinclair together, I rate Lonie far better at this stage. Both have had time on ball, but i'd hardly say they have demonstrated they can 'run thru the middle'. SInclair floats in and out of games, he's classy yes and doing great for his experience, but his posi tally hasn't topped 15 (if thats wrong cuorrect me someone please).

Sinclair had one game of 19 possessions, along with 2x 15 poss. 19 against Gold Coast Round 2.
But 12 of those 19 were handballs, also only 1 tackle.

Personally I think he's a lock to make it, but he has a lot of work to do to make the step up.

Sawf
Club Player

People seem to have short memories...

After the first 3 games last year, Eli had 4 goals and some pretty handy assists from half-forward - he was the next big thing.

Fast-forward to now and people have jumped off that bandwagon and onto the next big thing(s) in Lonie and Sinclair.

As many have mentioned, Eli just needs to get some confidence back after an extremely bad broken arm. He's already shown us what he's capable of.

Second-year blues gets thrown around a fair bit in the AFL (take people's opinion of Dunstan this year for example), so please remember this, just in case the same thing happens to Lonie and Sinclair next year.

Oh, I also think that all 4 players I've mentioned will make it and play 100+ games for the mighty Saints...

Cheers

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Is it possible that Eli was overrated as a single shining light in an otherwise very dark year.

A couple of early wins probably inflated peoples opinions of him as well imo.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Don't want anybody who can only play small forward.
Hope these blokes aren't a repeat of Milera, Saad & Denis-Lane!
Fair dinkum what were they thinking?

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:Don't want anybody who can only play small forward.
Hope these blokes aren't a repeat of Milera, Saad & Denis-Lane!
Fair dinkum what were they thinking?

"They" were probably thinking "they'd" need an eventual replacement for Stephen Milne. Not that easy a task, obviously.

Saint supporter since '62