F@#king Umpires

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_J
Club Player

Re: F@#king Umpires

fugazi wrote:Just unbelievable bias...I never comment on them but they are disgraceful tonight.
agree was so s*** tonight..

kinda getting over it TBH. starting to think something is going on.

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

saintpeter wrote:seems to be the equal lowest free kicks to a team ever http://afltables.com/afl/stats/teamshi.html#l12

Breathtaking!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:The umpires get intimidated by the WCE crowd they are a mob of booooooing f...wits, worse in the comp!
Yep. + 1.
First time I have ever witnessed a whole stadium full of flogs. Is that a Western Australian thing?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:The umpires get intimidated by the WCE crowd they are a mob of booooooing f...wits, worse in the comp!
Yep. + 1.
First time I have ever witnessed a whole stadium full of flogs. Is that a Western Australian thing?
Definitely an Eagles thing.

Saintlester
Club Player

agree was so s*** tonight..

kinda getting over it TBH. starting to think something is going on.

Exactly what I thought watching tonight. I am so over this. Have tried to reconcile it as I love the Saints and love football but I nearly puked watching tonight. We may as well fold up the tents and disappear, they want us as our existance allows them their TV rights, but they have no intention of ever allowing us to be more tham cannon fodder. My heart goes out to Finnis, Richo etc as they are being asked to perform with a hand tied behind their backs.

And as an aside they should watch Priddis's disposal, lot of throws in there but hey why bother with the rules.

saint6709
Club Player

Still not happy with this even after sleeping on it !! It's not even the free differential thats annoying -ie 17 frees - but what if in a parallel universe we got the 23 and them the 6 - that's a 34 free kick difference from last night - 17 off them &17 onto us - that's got to make a massive difference to the way the game is played - the Reiwoldt free certainly should have gone the other way - one of the frees we did get wasn't actually taken because half time began before the player could get the ball back

The other thing that was bad was that our guys were getting called to play on before they were able to walk back far enough from the man on the mark - I think that certainly contributed to dunstans gift goal to their forward

hoping champion data will run the numbers from the last decade and put a point value to final scores on free kick differentials

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:What was the free against roo for GEEZUZ
Just before Roo took the mark, he put his arm out to protect himself from the WCE muppet charging at him - then he went for the mark. Impeded the muppet and two actions - Free every day of the week. Cough Cough - ummmm cannot swallow this BS anymore. We need to write an open letter to the AFL and try and get it published in all the newspapers. The club can't/won't.

This is what I can't reconcile. Last night two similar quality (top team vs up and coming team were played. Similar disposal counts etc - but yet - see below:

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:Still not happy with this even after sleeping on it !! It's not even the free differential thats annoying -ie 17 frees - but what if in a parallel universe we got the 23 and them the 6 - that's a 34 free kick difference from last night - 17 off them &17 onto us - that's got to make a massive difference to the way the game is played - the Reiwoldt free certainly should have gone the other way - one of the frees we did get wasn't actually taken because half time began before the player could get the ball back

The other thing that was bad was that our guys were getting called to play on before they were able to walk back far enough from the man on the mark - I think that certainly contributed to dunstans gift goal to their forward

hoping champion data will run the numbers from the last decade and put a point value to final scores on free kick differentials
I have been saying the same thing for about a month now. Why do we get called to play on so quickly. In the Geelong game Bruce was going back to take a shot at goal and got called to play on I meant WTF. But for our last four weeks we are constantly waved to play on straight away, where as the other team were given the normal time. Why are the umpires putting us under pressure.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
Just before Roo took the mark, he put his arm out to protect himself from the WCE muppet charging at him - then he went for the mark. Impeded the muppet and two actions - Free every day of the week. Cough Cough - ummmm cannot swallow this BS anymore. We need to write an open letter to the AFL and try and get it published in all the newspapers. The club can't/won't.

This is what I can't reconcile. Last night two similar quality (top team vs up and coming team were played. Similar disposal counts etc - but yet - see below:

Interesting to see that we actually had 50 more disposals than GC but they had 9 more frees than us. So we had the ball more, but got less frees. Hmmm I think I get it
Sydney, Gold Coast, West Coast, StKilda......... spot the odd man out.

Look West coast are awesome and I really hope they win it, but I am afraid there seems to be a serious problem with umpires and us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:

Interesting to see that we actually had 50 more disposals than GC but they had 9 more frees than us. So we had the ball more, but got less frees. Hmmm I think I get it

Look West coast are awesome and I really hope they win it, but I am afraid there seems to be a serious problem with umpires and us.

Surely people aren't comparing games.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:

What else do we compare - FFS Plugger - we get screwed - I agree that umpires are human - I agree that most free given are there - but surely even you can see that consistently we are on the bad end of the Free Kick Count - SO HOW THE F@RK DO WE SOLVE IT - DO WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT - DO WE NEED TO RE-LEARN THE RULES

Please tell me.

We played poorly, but we tackled well and rarely high - WHERE IS THE F@RKING REWARD FOR EFFORT - ask Gunstan about how he felt - he went down for the ball - had a WCE straddling his head - had no prior - and still gets pinged.

FFS - even the commentators were saying that it makes players not want to go for the ball.

Please help me understand - I have not umpired in over 10 years - I am lost!!!
Last edited by Sainter_Dad on Sun 06 Sep 2015 9:54am, edited 1 time in total.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:

What else do we compare - FFS Plugger - we get screwed - I agree that umpires are human - I agree that most free given are there - but surely even you can see that consistently we are on the bad end of the Free Kick Count - SO HOW THE F@RK DO WE SOLVE - DO WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT - DO WE NEED TO RE-LEARN THE RULES

Please tell me.

No idea but comparing games is very funny. Anyway I love umpires.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Without umpires you don't have a game, but the differential should never be as great as that in a two horse race. Something needs to be done.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Clarification needs to be sort on what clubs like West Coast are doing so, so right, and what we are doing so irrevocably wrong. It needs to be transparent too, because I fear a supporter backlash if this continues.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

I for one am in a situation that for the past 3 years have not been able to attend games - but have paid my for 2 memberships AND social club to assist the club - at this point - I am seriously considering not renewing - Football is becoming unwatchable.

― Aristophanes

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:I for one am in a situation that for the past 3 years have not been able to attend games - but have paid my for 2 memberships AND social club to assist the club - at this point - I am seriously considering not renewing - Football is becoming unwatchable.

Seriously that is so soft. The umpiring is as bad or as good as it has ever been. The problem is we are no good so umpires now worry us. Every single year people say this is the worst year for umpiring. The problem with that comment is if you watch games in the 70's the umpiring is actually laughable and if was worse every single year I'm surprised that umpires can do up their boots now.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:Clarification needs to be sort on what clubs like West Coast are doing so, so right, and what we are doing so irrevocably wrong. It needs to be transparent too, because I fear a supporter backlash if this continues.
Is the free kick shambles on the back of today's paper? Is our president or coach going ape s***? Are commentators bringing it up?

The answer is no to all. We get screwed over as we are likeable but non threatening club. We have a steady without being great supporter base that sticks through bad times. The AFL want us to make up numbers but little else. If last nights umpiring happened to Collingwood all of Fox Footy SEN Triple M would be all over it all week. Just what the AFL doesn't want let alone the umpires.

I watched the game again this morning and cheating biased is the only thing it can be.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

So what are we doing that is SOOOO wrong - Why does Roo get mauled - why does Bruce get mauled - are we not protecting the drop zone - by shepherding more than 5 metres off the ball (oops that not legal) do we not scrag the defenders (oops that's not legal)

WTF are we doing that we can change?

Seriously - If you had a kid at work who kept running foul of an officiating body - you would pull him aside and get the officials in to explain what he was doing wrong - Do we do that? What are we doing wrong?

FFS Find that f****** bone in the NT!!!! (lol)

― Aristophanes

mambo2706
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:I for one am in a situation that for the past 3 years have not been able to attend games - but have paid my for 2 memberships AND social club to assist the club - at this point - I am seriously considering not renewing - Football is becoming unwatchable.

Seriously that is so soft. The umpiring is as bad or as good as it has ever been. The problem is we are no good so umpires now worry us. Every single year people say this is the worst year for umpiring. The problem with that comment is if you watch games in the 70's the umpiring is actually laughable and if was worse every single year I'm surprised that umpires can do up their boots now.

Sainter_Dad - Don't stop supporting the Saints. Yes, last night was frustrating to watch and the umpires made it a million times worse but we need people like yourself financially supporting the club. Also you'll need your social club membership to guarantee yourself a grand final ticket in a few years :wink:

P66 - Can I ask if you watched the game last night? There is bad umpiring and there there is last nights game. One of the worst umpiring efforts I have seen in over 30 years.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

How do you lay 81 legal tackles and only get 6 free kicks? I counted at least 10 illegal disposals that just got ignored. That must be deflating for a young team working their arses off.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:Clarification needs to be sort on what clubs like West Coast are doing so, so right, and what we are doing so irrevocably wrong. It needs to be transparent too, because I fear a supporter backlash if this continues.
Is the free kick shambles on the back of today's paper? Is our president or coach going ape s***? Are commentators bringing it up?

The answer is no to all. We get screwed over as we are likeable but non threatening club. We have a steady without being great supporter base that sticks through bad times. The AFL want us to make up numbers but little else. If last nights umpiring happened to Collingwood all of Fox Footy SEN Triple M would be all over it all week. Just what the AFL doesn't want let alone the umpires.

I watched the game again this morning and cheating biased is the only thing it can be.

I need you to logically explain why they would cheat for a side that was never going to lose? And surely no one in their right mind would watch that game again?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mambo2706 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sainter_Dad - Don't stop supporting the Saints. Yes, last night was frustrating to watch and the umpires made it a million times worse but we need people like yourself financially supporting the club. Also you'll need your social club membership to guarantee yourself a grand final ticket in a few years :wink:

P66 - Can I ask if you watched the game last night? There is bad umpiring and there there is last nights game. One of the worst umpiring efforts I have seen in over 30 years.
I didn't see the game last night. Well I did but I was at my footy club celebrating our rise to C grade and so Saints footy was the last thing on my mind when I saw the scores. I actually haven't mentioned anything about the umpiring last night apart from saying the umpires had no need to cheat considering the score. I have no idea if it was one of the worst umpiring efforts in the last 30 years because I fail to keep a list of that. And my guess is people don't remember things like that and I also think people say things like that every year. I love umpires.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

People who count free kicks are being very naive.

Umpires do so much more than pay free kicks.

There was that mark that Le Cras almost took for the first goal.
There was that 50m penalty to Lonie that was actually 25m.
There was Kennedy being allowed to kick for goal from whatever angle he wanted.

None of these had anything to do with the free kick count.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

You are just being contrary now Plugger. What CURLY is saying is not that it cost us the game, but that the umpiring last night showed clear bias, which it did Watch the last quarter when Roo is going for a mark and a Freegles player comes from behind and is all over his head, neck and shoulders. I have read since, that Roo was penalised because he put his arms out earlier to protect himself in the contest. 50/50? Maybe. But it seems highly strange that EVERY 50/50 decision goes the Freegles way, and it doesn't matter whether it is in Perth, Etihad or anywhere else.
I believe that the club has a responsibility on behalf of the players, members and supporters to engage the umpiring fraternity and having that conversation, with the outcome being that the Umpiring Association are to explain what we are doing which is so very, very wrong, but also what the Freegles are doing which is so, so right. I would like this discussion to be made transparent so we can all find out why our coaches are so poor at teaching our players the simple rules of the game, and so that this may be rectified in the pre-season.
Last edited by samuraisaint on Sun 06 Sep 2015 10:56am, edited 2 times in total.

Freebird
Club Player

It has nothing to do with what they're doing right and what we're doing wrong...for instance their second goal (holding the ball) last night would have been too high if the role was reversed.

Its who you are FFS and St Kilda is not liked by most supporters so why would the umps like them.

If Rance played for us he would be an ordinary footballer..all the holding etc he gets away with to make him so good would not be allowed at St Kilda.

I turn the TV off because I can't stand how we're treated. I buy a membership for st kilda but am going to fewer games mostly because we're treated so badly.