Bulldogs to win Grand Final?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bulldogs to win Grand Final?

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Had to chortle reading a tweet from dogs fan comparing the loss last night to the heartbreak loss in the Prelim to Adelaide in 1997.

Fair dinkum, comparing an Elim loss to a Prelim loss. Lol!
I think it's fair, I was at both games and they were pretty similar in vibe. Dogs looked like they almost had it in the last term but couldn't quite put it away. Libba's almost goal in 97 didn't quite have a direct counterpart but really similar feeling.
You missed my point. Losing an Elim is largely irrelevant, as it's extremely unlikely you'll make the granny let alone win it.

Losing a prelim means you were one game from making the granny and two games from winning it.

If that's not a million times worse then I don't know my footy!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

See the dogs delisted Ayce Cordy.... The bidding system sure screwed them for him from memory we bid our first round pick for him forcing the dogs to use their first round pick on him ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:See the dogs delisted Ayce Cordy.... The bidding system sure screwed them for him from memory we bid our first round pick for him forcing the dogs to use their first round pick on him ...
Exactly what I was thinking. I thought he started to show a bit this year

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Rosco
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:See the dogs delisted Ayce Cordy.... The bidding system sure screwed them for him from memory we bid our first round pick for him forcing the dogs to use their first round pick on him ...
that's interesting, didn't know that. so instead we take lynch at 13, they take cordy at 14, and in the following 16 picks the following players bob up: shoenmakers, shuey, ballantyne, zaharakis, suban, redden, beams, hannebery (plus rory sloane at 44).

it's a lottery isn't it?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
that's interesting, didn't know that. so instead we take lynch at 13, they take cordy at 14, and in the following 16 picks the following players bob up: shoenmakers, shuey, ballantyne, zaharakis, suban, redden, beams, hannebery (plus rory sloane at 44).

it's a lottery isn't it?
Shuey will be the best of the lot

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
His best game ever statistically was their loss against us this year. Most disposals, 2nd most hitouts, 2nd most tackles, most contested possessions.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"