In your opinion who do we need for a flag

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: In your opinion who do we need for a flag

My problem with these sort of threads is there is so much unknown that we need to work through with players. We have so many guys that we just don;t really know how they will evolve. Guys like Weller, Savage, Newnes, Roberton etc. Some of them could become damaging AFL players, but there is no guarantee. Newnes is a good example. He's developed a pretty good tank and is getting around the ground well getting good possessions. But he's not doing a lot of damage because of his kicking. But if he could become elite in his endurance and work on disposal so that it becomes reasonably effective, he could become a Daisy Thomas type who runs all day, getting to contest after contest and being that really valuable link up player who makes it seem like we have an extra player on the field. But we just don't know if he can do it. Likewise Weller can do some really mercurial things some times with marks or kicking goals but I'd like to see some more "meat and potatoes" from him winning inside ball with the strong frame he has. It's too simplistic to say we need this guy, or that guy. The bigger picture is building the depth of the squad putting pressure on all positions so no one really feels safe and stagnants. That's what Hawthorn has.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy, would that be the Collingwood Daisy Thomas you are referring to, as opposed to the Carlton Daisy Thomas.

Chalk and cheese as far as i've seen. :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:Bluthy, would that be the Collingwood Daisy Thomas you are referring to, as opposed to the Carlton Daisy Thomas.

Chalk and cheese as far as i've seen. :lol: :lol:
Pies Daisy defo. Remember when Ross called him currently the best player in the AFL? He never had brilliant disposal but he became elite in his running just going up and down the wing from the back pocket to the forward pocket all day non-stop and linking up play and getting numbers around every contest. I think that's what Newnesy needs to aim for because I don't think his disposal will ever be top notch.