Crisis and opportunity

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: Crisis and opportunity

Bluthy, you get no argument from me that Jake has been a tool and Freeman's hammys are suspect. I don't think there are too many on the St Jake bandwagon. He has a steep hill to climb.

If he's suspended by WADA, that's a risk those who have the purchasing power were apparently willing to take, and he should cop his right whack. But I won't cop those keyboard heroes who want to hang the club out to dry for something it can't reasonably be held responsible for. And I especially can't cop those in the sell copy at at all costs sector of the media suggesting he should be treated differently to any other player dumb enough to do what he did in the US.

Because as a club we should get the benefit of having inherited this mess, and not having to cop him being made an extra special example of to our detriment. So all I ask, since we are stuck with him, is that he is treated fairly.

And he owes us 8 years of monster marks on the last line of defence. And his manager can take a long walk off a short pier.

Always loyal
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

To err is human, to forgive is divine.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saint6709
Club Player

I like this topic - have been thinking along these lines - basically that this crisis will hopefully be an opportunity for Jake to reinvent himself. He might may well have drifted along being a d1ckhead and having d1ckhead friends for years - now he is really going to have to reasses his world - he's been betrayed by a friend almost certainly - so maybe he thinks to himself gee maybe some of my friends aren't so great and maybe that means my current way of going about things is not so great ( I'm trying hard here to be constantly using the word d1ckhead) - So as for the opportunity - he could move to our side of town closer to the training facilities - work hard train hard perhaps make some new friends. He will only be able to reinvent himself by his own actions - by working hard enough to produce on the field and hopefully by giving something off the field - some form of charitable or unselfish pursuit to benefit others - he will be viewed differently if he can do this - it may take a few years - but without something of a crises occuring like it has he may have continued his path without needing to seriously reevaluate himself and what he represents

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Dave Lowden on KB's show this morning- always talks on Media and Sport

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:Bluthy, you get no argument from me that Jake has been a tool and Freeman's hammys are suspect. I don't think there are too many on the St Jake bandwagon. He has a steep hill to climb.

If he's suspended by WADA, that's a risk those who have the purchasing power were apparently willing to take, and he should cop his right whack. But I won't cop those keyboard heroes who want to hang the club out to dry for something it can't reasonably be held responsible for. And I especially can't cop those in the sell copy at at all costs sector of the media suggesting he should be treated differently to any other player dumb enough to do what he did in the US.

Because as a club we should get the benefit of having inherited this mess, and not having to cop him being made an extra special example of to our detriment. So all I ask, since we are stuck with him, is that he is treated fairly.

And he owes us 8 years of monster marks on the last line of defence. And his manager can take a long walk off a short pier.
The AFLPA is a complete joke if Mc drugville (Anthony McConville) , the before and after organiser, can get away Scott free

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
SemperFidelis wrote:Bluthy, you get no argument from me that Jake has been a tool and Freeman's hammys are suspect. I don't think there are too many on the St Jake bandwagon. He has a steep hill to climb.

The AFLPA is a complete joke if Mc drugville (Anthony McConville) , the before and after organiser, can get away Scott free
Too powerful. The AFLPA won't do anything that might hurt its image or funding. That includes letting a prick like McConville off. It's up to us now. Turn Jake into the star his potential has always indicated he should be.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Terrific spin...

I love the use of the term destination club... It's so fitting...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:

Too powerful. The AFLPA won't do anything that might hurt its image or funding. That includes letting a prick like McConville off. It's up to us now. Turn Jake into the star his potential has always indicated he should be.
Aren't they just a toothless extension of the AFL itself? They certainly used to be.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
supersaints
Club Player

I think Jake us a f-- wit, until he proves otherwise, I will maintain my opinion. I dont blame the recruiters or the club, this rests squarely on Jakes injected shoulders... Sad really

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player

I think Jake us a f-- wit, until he proves otherwise, I will maintain my opinion. I dont blame the recruiters or the club, this rests squarely on Jakes injected shoulders... Sad really

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:By all accounts Nick is p--sed off with Jake and so he should be. And so should the rest of the playing group.

That displeasure will be conveyed, and in such a manner that the new lad will understand even if he is as simple as some like to suggest. He will be under no misapprehension of the consequences of any further stuff ups or of any failure to work his butt off.

But, just as importantly, Nick will have to mix all that with a genuine welcome to our club. Despite what has happened it is important that he immediately feels part of St Kilda. It's important to the club and vitally important to Nick if there is to be any chance of playing Finals again in the time the captain has left in the game.

The message is quite simple. You cannot afford to put one toe out of line. However we will help you achieve that by being a proper, stable football club with wonderful players and staff.

Welcome Jake; it's up to you!
Well who told you that ground breaking news. If Riewoldt wasn't pissed of it would say 2 things to me 1. That he's talking the stuff himself and 2. He has his head buried in the sand. What normal person wouldn't be pissed off?

Is this another one of Brian Speaking's scoops?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Playon
Club Player

Well one thing i'd like to know is, who's dummer, Gilbert or Carlisle
Most likely Jake as there is drugs involved and I guess you could throw CJ into the mix.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

:lol:
satchmo wrote:Image

Nee!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:By all accounts Nick is p--sed off with Jake and so he should be. And so should the rest of the playing group.

That displeasure will be conveyed, and in such a manner that the new lad will understand even if he is as simple as some like to suggest. He will be under no misapprehension of the consequences of any further stuff ups or of any failure to work his butt off.

But, just as importantly, Nick will have to mix all that with a genuine welcome to our club. Despite what has happened it is important that he immediately feels part of St Kilda. It's important to the club and vitally important to Nick if there is to be any chance of playing Finals again in the time the captain has left in the game.

The message is quite simple. You cannot afford to put one toe out of line. However we will help you achieve that by being a proper, stable football club with wonderful players and staff.

Well who told you that ground breaking news. If Riewoldt wasn't pissed of it would say 2 things to me 1. That he's talking the stuff himself and 2. He has his head buried in the sand. What normal person wouldn't be pissed off?

Don't know what your problem with Brian has to do with my post.

I was simply referring to what was widely reported in the media.

And I wasn't querying why Nick would be pissed off.

Very strange response indeed magnifisaint Image

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

Don't know what your problem with Brian has to do with my post.

I was simply referring to what was widely reported in the media.

And I wasn't querying why Nick would be pissed off.

Very strange response indeed magnifisaint Image
Not really. It goes without saying that Riewoldt would be pissed off. I think the first think he'll do is welcome Carlisle to the club and then tear shreds off him.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

The reality is come Rd 1, I will will cheering as loud as anyone. But at the moment I don't trust him because I strongly suspect he knew the video was out there and chose not to tell us to make sure the trade got done. I'm really hoping that under Richo's dad type coaching he will find a security within himself that he probably hasn't had so far. He's got the talent, but does he have the application and focus? The best sportsmen have the ability to compartmentalise all the s*** going on in their lives and not let it interfere with their on field stuff. I didn't see Hooker or Hurley or Watson spit the dummy the way Jake did. You get the feeling this will be a make or break time for him. We'll have to see which it is.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I'm confident we have the people to make Jake a "make".