Eddies fixture.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddies fixture.

saynta wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 9c4872f67d

"GEELONG President Colin Carter has rubbished Eddie McGuire’s fixture proposals, suggesting an even draw is near impossible under an 18-club format.

Carter and McGuire, who butted heads in 2014 over equalisation measures, also hold opposing views over the AFL’s current scheduling system.

McGuire has been a vocal advocate for fixture reform in recent times, however Carter believes the current system “is not too bad at the moment”.

“I think it is very easy to think up gimmicks,” Carter said when asked to respond to McGuire’s proposals on SEN.

“I don’t think our balance is far adrift at the moment.”

On Wednesday morning, McGuire urged the AFL to consider a tiered system in order to maintain interest levels for late season matches between clubs not in the finals race."
Good to hear someone with common sense is speaking out.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Eddies fixture.

Sainternist wrote:
saynta wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 9c4872f67d

"GEELONG President Colin Carter has rubbished Eddie McGuire’s fixture proposals, suggesting an even draw is near impossible under an 18-club format.

Carter and McGuire, who butted heads in 2014 over equalisation measures, also hold opposing views over the AFL’s current scheduling system.

McGuire has been a vocal advocate for fixture reform in recent times, however Carter believes the current system “is not too bad at the moment”.

“I think it is very easy to think up gimmicks,” Carter said when asked to respond to McGuire’s proposals on SEN.

“I don’t think our balance is far adrift at the moment.”

On Wednesday morning, McGuire urged the AFL to consider a tiered system in order to maintain interest levels for late season matches between clubs not in the finals race."
Good to hear someone with common sense is speaking out.
Dead right

Posting 20 years of holey crap!