Freeman update

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Freeman update

So Freeman is not even ready for VFL?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Darth Vader
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
saynta wrote:
pick 60.. our 2nd pick. s*** year for us really

nick winmar pick 32, smith pick 60, adam pattison pick 62, will johnson pick 77, zac dawson pick 87, luke miles pick 93, plus two trades, lovett and peake. f****** horrible , just horrible.

Geez I hate Ross Lyon.

That was 2009, 2010 wasn't any better.

Cripps, croker, ledger, siposs, gamble, polo, and simpkin.. All gone.
Until the last couple of years, the last time the Saints drafted at least well for talent relative to picks was in 2001 (which was a great set of picks, and an amazing draft for us by any measure. Though it was also a very strong draft year.)....but hey yes blame Lyon for all the recruiting woes and ignore the black hole that our recruiting was from 2003 on.

2002 was only ok as we got Fisher at 55, but dudded out with Ferguson. BJ at 1 does not count as a good pick as it was an obvious pick. Good drafting is who you pick when there is not an obvious choice.

I reckon in 2001 we drafted disastrously for talent relative to picks. Had 2 & 5 in the Superdraft. If you did that draft again now Ball and Clarke wouldn't make top 20. Did well with Joey though. And Dal.
Last edited by Darth Vader on Thu 31 Mar 2016 6:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Nathan Freeman.

Footballer.

A man barely alive.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology.
We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man.

Nathan Freeman will be that man.
Better than he was before.
Better, stronger, faster.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Dal went about where he was projected, as did Joey actually

Ball was almost chosen at 1 he was always a top 3
Clarke was taken higher than projected... As was Goose

Speaking of who did well

Taken just after X, Dal and Goose
Were
Bartel, Kelly and Stevie J
Hawthorn also got Hodge and Mitchell

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Unbelievable draft that one. Has played a large part in every grand final between 2005 and 2015 via the eagles, cats, hawks, and saints. no prizes for guessing the odd ones out.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

This Freeman trade is going to be a disaster! "Indefinite" doesn't feel me with much confidence and especially with the fact that we will be giving up anywhere from pick 19 to 25 for him it will be an absolute debacle if he doesn't come good! Hmmm....To go with the Carlisle trade this could be one of the worst trade periods ever! I hope I'm wrong but I'm beginning to think I won't be!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Dal went about where he was projected, as did Joey actually

Ball was almost chosen at 1 he was always a top 3
Clarke was taken higher than projected... As was Goose

Speaking of who did well

Taken just after X, Dal and Goose
Were
Bartel, Kelly and Stevie J
Hawthorn also got Hodge and Mitchell
Strangely seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that draft.

Ball was a great get until his OP struck, although he did recapture some form in his Collingwood years that I thought was well behind him. Some (including myself) still can't help but reminisce about who else we could have got with that pick. Clarke just never became the player we all thought he was going to be. Dal pretty much reflected the market value of the pick he was taken at and Joey was a bit of a bargain. I guess the outcome was about a 6/10 for the club.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
Myron Gaines
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:This Freeman trade is going to be a disaster! "Indefinite" doesn't feel me with much confidence and especially with the fact that we will be giving up anywhere from pick 19 to 25 for him it will be an absolute debacle if he doesn't come good! Hmmm....To go with the Carlisle trade this could be one of the worst trade periods ever! I hope I'm wrong but I'm beginning to think I won't be!
Apparently he's off the injury list. Hopefully we see him play a half or so for Sandy this weekend.

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Actually they've got Freeman as 'test' so I'd say he gets another week recovery.