Supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Myron Gaines
Club Player

Re: Supporters

I reckon if you were not livid with that performance you're not a REAL supporter....or lack any form of emotional attachment to the StK FC.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote:Too many people willing to over analyse a game played at a level they have never experienced themselves and then want to bag the players.

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid.
No offence trev, but that is what a football forum is for… it's not just an online cheer squad.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Wow.

I don't have a single positive out of Saturday night. None. Nada.

How on earth can anyone find anything good out of that absolute drubbing.

The scoreboard was flattering for us. Should have been a 120 point hiding. The Doggies let us off.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The hottest, in form, attacking side in the comp failed to score one hundred points, scoring only thirteen goals. I think that's a positive. They had 126 more possessions than we did. They should have won by 100 points. They didn't. Speaks volumes for a never say die attitude and a strong defensive effort. We were under siege all night. It could have been a lot worse. Just sayin'.

Another positive is that Scott Wattersssss is no longer the coach.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

The Recruit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:It is a two way street. The club sell a story to fans that is basically bulls***. Id prefer it if the club was a bit more honest.
A little less of PR spin. We pay them for membership - in my case even though I live interstate and am an MCC member in any case. They call us selling raffle tickets etc.
They all get paid top coin. All of the players and staff. Yet they piss in our pocket and tell us its raining. Not good enough.

I dont mind being s*** - but lets be honest about it and ease back on the spin. When you over-sell and under-deliver - there will be a backlash. Maybe if the club sold reality - then the fans would expect reality in return.

It is the first rule of marketing. You are better to under-promise and over deliver than over promise and under-deliver. Whenever you do the latter you get unhappy customers. And footy is a business. Clubs sell hope. But they also need to be realistic about how they that hope. So here we are - unhappy customers.
Do not agree with this, the club have never promoted anything but a year of development and effort. I supposed everyone sees things differently.....
Absolutely, anyone thinking otherwise has been sucked in by last year's favourable press, not the obvious reality.

There wasn't a lot positive about Saturday night, but that was Saturday night, not the whole season...so keep it real.

lefty
Club Player

I walked home from the game thinking I'd rather much watch Carlton (against Richmond), compared to the game style we tried to play, which was to hand pass the ball 5m to the next teammate who is standing still, only to repeat it two or three more times to break through the line, only then to come under pressure and try do little stupid 10-15m kicks which ended up in a turnover.

Wasn't enjoyable to watch at all.

When you watch the Bulldogs, in their back line, they always had players at the back to handball back to, and then they ALWAYS went out wide/sideways to a bloke standing by himself. Far better game plan.

Edit - Had no issues with Scott Watters or GT, just want the team to serve up something worth watching. Its one thing to lose, its another to serve up utter junk with no feeling of improvement, no players to look forward to, game style that is enjoyable to watch etc etc etc.

All I hear in Pre-Season was Seb Ross this, Seb Ross that, haven't seen anything in the first two games to suggest a big improvement over last year.

It would be a miracle if one of our midfield players could actually run the ball out of the middle and hit up a leading forward rather than just kicking it anywhere.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Sorry, but Richo hasn't got a clue- he is walking around in the dark without a torch like his players

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Get off your high horse

We were disgusting in a big game

Getting beaten by a better team (albeit similar age profile) is completely ok

We were as bad as you can get really, flogged!!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Absolutely piss poor sat. night !!
Nothing to come out of that that is even close to positive.
I went to the game out of respect for 13, otherwise I would not have gone.
Havent renewed my membership this year for the first time in over 10 years.
I gave sat, night a chance to change my mind, it ddint.

Kate
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Absolutely piss poor sat. night !!
I went to the game out of respect for 13, otherwise I would not have gone.
Havent renewed my membership this year for the first time in over 10 years.
I gave sat, night a chance to change my mind, it ddint.
I buy my membership regardless. That way I can hold my head up and feel that I have done my part. Nobody will ever get away with calling me a fair weather supporter.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Lets see how the guys go on Saturday afternoon against the 'pies.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:Lets see how the guys go on Saturday afternoon against the 'pies.
I have my tickets. Level two.

I'm expecting a much improved performance.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Absolutely piss poor sat. night !!
I went to the game out of respect for 13,
I'm sure Jack Lonie appreciated your efforts.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"