Tom Hickey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Tom Hickey

saintsRrising wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Billy and Jason are depth players!

At this stage, and the season is young, I think that Holmes may struggle to be with us next season. And if he is it may be just for depth or injury coverage as you say.

If Pierce comes on, and has had 2 good games now for Sandy this year, it decreases the chances of Holmes staying.
Or, if Pierce keeps improving, Holmes stays as cover and Longer goes.

We'd get a higher pick for Longer......

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Agreed

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Have stated many times that Hickey was my no 1 ruck and Stanley should have been retained as the forward / ruck for balance but I think Pierce could play that role in a year or two and that is when we will need it. So the trade maybe wise but a gamble.

Longer is back up IMHO and trade possibility only if Holmes can find more footy during games or we find another good young ruck prospect as you need 3 genuine ruckmen on the list.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

I think longer will improve as the season goes on. He and hickey will be top quality talls for our club.

#1 Ryder fan
stkfc1
Club Player

Just wanted to bump this thread. Last 3 weeks our boy has taken it up to the 3 "best" rucks in the comp and given them a smack. How is the media not absolutely gushing about this bloke? He would have to be in the top 5 most improved players in the comp. Could well be the best ruckman in the comp shortly, if not already, on current form. The only knock would be getting a bit more return in F50 and a goal here and there. Otherwise, absolutely outstanding by the young man. Well done TH!

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote:Just wanted to bump this thread. Last 3 weeks our boy has taken it up to the 3 "best" rucks in the comp and given them a smack. How is the media not absolutely gushing about this bloke? He would have to be in the top 5 most improved players in the comp. Could well be the best ruckman in the comp shortly, if not already, on current form. The only knock would be getting a bit more return in F50 and a goal here and there. Otherwise, absolutely outstanding by the young man. Well done TH!
Yep.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Have stated many times that Hickey was my no 1 ruck and Stanley should have been retained as the forward / ruck for balance but I think Pierce could play that role in a year or two and that is when we will need it. So the trade maybe wise but a gamble.

Longer is back up IMHO and trade possibility only if Holmes can find more footy during games or we find another good young ruck prospect as you need 3 genuine ruckmen on the list.
I don't think Holmes will make it.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!