Former Saints player Robert Eddy goes nuts on Twitter!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Re: Former Saints player Robert Eddy goes nuts on Twitter!!!

Sainternist wrote:
He would have been one of the most unlikely heroes in a GF since ummm...Shane Ellen *cough*
Please don't mention that name. Triggers PTSD.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

skeptic wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
skeptic wrote:I wonder why he was so pissed at RL?

One certainly can't argue he wasn't given a go

He seems to be under the absurd impression he could have played on, got to 200 games and won a Brownlow.

I assume he nominated for the draft & rookie draft and the other 17 clubs also didn't draft him. Why not be pissed off with them as well?
I really don't think that's the case... As has been pointed out, he was never a dominant player and as you said 17 other clubs overlooked him too.

What's the karma he's referring too?

I think he's actually pissed off about RL's dog act way of leaving
I agree, he's saying Ro$$ has now failed at Freo.
He's only human.
Most of us, not just here in this forum, but the world over, take pleasure in the misfortune of others.
It's called "Schadenfreude".
Eddy might be a bit nasty, seeing as how Ro$$ gave him a huge go where another coach might have left him in the ressies forever; but he was cut from the list, and may feel aggrieved at being labelled as one reason why we lost.
People would never let him forget " hey, you were cut straight after!"
That's gotta hurt.
Can't blame him, myself.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Joey chatted about this this morning on Triple M

Rob heads into surgery this coming week- 29 year old having a Hip replacement.....

players have caught up with him in recent days.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:One thing I have never understood is why Saints fans/forums seem to pretend 2010 GF2 never happened.
This was an actual GF with an actual flag on the line and we totally sucked. We cant pretend it didn't happen. You cant sweep it under the carpet.
The common belief/excuse seems to be 'oh we were tired'. The reality is Lyon was completely out coached. Whatever happened in those 7 days mentally and physically was an abject failure.

Matlhouse was no genius and I still dont think Collingwood were actually that good. They had a few hacks in that side. But Malthouse completely out coached Lyon. It is an inescapable fact. I think it is a bit of a myth that Collingwood were a great side. They had guys like Toovey, Reid, Wellingham, Macaffer, Blair, Dawes. Hardly Don Bradman's Invincibles were they.
That's a ridiculous comment Con.

The pies that year, especially in the 2nd half of the year were unbeatable. They had an average winning margain of 6 goals, and no-one came close to them. They were up by 80 points at one stage in the prelim final against the cats until they took the foot right off the pedal. That year they were invincible. Just like certain players win Brownlows and fade into obscurity, this was a team that was as good as any team that won a flag that decade. I was staggered we managed to get as close as we did in the 1st GF. It was coaching genius as far as I was concerned. the 2nd week showed the talents of the two teams more accurately. If you recall our team wasn't exactly laden with superstars either. Eddy, McQualter, Peake, to name but a few. All those pies players you named as duds are at least still playing AFL 6 years on - that in itself says something about the quality of their team compared to ours. Our duds didn't retire - they were delisted.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Pies 2010 would've beaten 05 Swans and 06 Eagles - historically considered among the 'weakest' ever premiers in any given season - but that's about it

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:One thing I have never understood is why Saints fans/forums seem to pretend 2010 GF2 never happened.
This was an actual GF with an actual flag on the line and we totally sucked. We cant pretend it didn't happen. You cant sweep it under the carpet.
The common belief/excuse seems to be 'oh we were tired'. The reality is Lyon was completely out coached. Whatever happened in those 7 days mentally and physically was an abject failure.

Matlhouse was no genius and I still dont think Collingwood were actually that good. They had a few hacks in that side. But Malthouse completely out coached Lyon. It is an inescapable fact. I think it is a bit of a myth that Collingwood were a great side. They had guys like Toovey, Reid, Wellingham, Macaffer, Blair, Dawes. Hardly Don Bradman's Invincibles were they.

I think the HGH was the difference.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I'd also add Goldsack to that mix. Agreed, they certainly had there GOPs, some of which were very overrated by the Pies faithful. I still remember some of my Pie supporting mates telling me that Dawes will one day be as good as Daniel Bradshaw and that Wellingham was on track to become an elite winger. They were ordinary players who played in an elite team. Although, West Coast certainly agreed with Wellingham's hype, still have no idea how he became worth a 1st round pick.

But, to compare the Pie's GOPs with ours is an apples and oranges argument. The likes of Dawes & Wellingham are still on an AFL list, Blair & Toovey still play for the Pies and I think Reid is better than a GOP. To compare them to likes of Peake, McQualter, Eddy and Jones, non of which are on any AFL lists and I know who'd I'd rather take into a grand final.

Also, the Pies still had a very elite core - Swan, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Beams, Jolly, Ball, Davis, Cloke, O'Brian, Diasy & Shaw, whereas we had Hayes, Goddard, Roo, Fisher, Milne, Dal & Joey. There's your difference right there!

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

He's at it again the flog

As for the Grand Final Replay I discount that game as you don't plan for a stupid replay. It's just luck which team can get up that sort of stupidity that they've finally got rid of

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

He's at it again the flog

As for the Grand Final Replay I discount that game as you don't plan for a stupid replay. It's just luck which team can get up that sort of stupidity that they've finally got rid of
Seems the page you refer to doesn't exist.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
He would have been one of the most unlikely heroes in a GF since ummm...Shane Ellen *cough*
Apologies, St.Byron.

I also have 'Nam-style flashbacks over it. Even if it were Modra, it would have been easier to stomach, as that guy was at least not a novice.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I don't know why Eddy is giving it to Lyon. If it weren't for Lyon, I doubt he would have played a single AFL game, let alone a Grand Final (Was he in the 2009 GF team?).

Every Coach has a pet that has you scratching your head, GT's was Mark McGough and Lyon's was Robert Eddy.

In the 2 2010 GFs we effectively played a man short, Eddy hardly touched it in both games. I still wonder with frustration, how McQualter & Eddy were given games ahead of Armitage & Steven?

He should consider acting with a bit more class & humility.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

stevie wrote:Pies 2010 would've beaten 05 Swans and 06 Eagles - historically considered among the 'weakest' ever premiers in any given season - but that's about it
And if weren't for a spate of soft tissue injuries, the 2005 Saints would have smashed the 2005 Eagles & Swans to pieces, in fact any comer would have been smashed to pieces. We all know that 2009 & 2010 were lost opportunities, but so was 2005, in my view more a lost opportunity than 2010.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Linton Lodger wrote:
stevie wrote:Pies 2010 would've beaten 05 Swans and 06 Eagles - historically considered among the 'weakest' ever premiers in any given season - but that's about it
And if weren't for a spate of soft tissue injuries, the 2005 Saints would have smashed the 2005 Eagles & Swans to pieces, in fact any comer would have been smashed to pieces. We all know that 2009 & 2010 were lost opportunities, but so was 2005, in my view more a lost opportunity than 2010.
Why were a full-strength 05 Saints certs to smash 05 Eagles.

05 Swans fair enough, although I think Roos still had a tatical edge over GT, but the 05 Eagles, do you really think we were able to match a centre boasting Judd, Cousins, Kerr & Cox? Arguably the best midfield in the modern era!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

On 05

Yes, a giant midfield

But we batted deep.... 3 AA midfielders that year (Ball, Hayes, Dal Santo) and Harvey, Powell, Baker, Thompson
Cox an issue

But for them
Who takes Riewoldt, Gehrig, Hamill. Kosi, Milne, Guerra

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Eddy is embarrassing himself

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

SydneySainter wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

05 Swans fair enough, although I think Roos still had a tatical edge over GT, but the 05 Eagles, do you really think we were able to match a centre boasting Judd, Cousins, Kerr & Cox? Arguably the best midfield in the modern era!
Do you remember our form in the latter part of the season? Then with half a team out we rolled Adelaide over there in the first final & sustained more injuries. We had a handy midfield as well: Harvey, Hayes, Dal Santo, Goddard, Montagna, Luke Ball and Andrew Thompson. Sure we didn't have a typical good monster ruckman, but remember Kosi's form at the time (until his hammy went Rd 21)? Never, or perhaps in the Lockett era have I seen a player dominate a span of games as he did. He was never the same again, but I witnessed most of those games and the big Kosi was something to behold. Believe me, Cox would never have coped. He'd dominate the ruck particularly around the ground, then sneak forward and kick a lazy 4 or 5.

Oh and there was that forward line of ours: Nick Riewoldt, Fraser Gehrig, Aaron Hamill and Stephen Milne. Like the West Coast defence would have known what hit them. Then there was Maxy Hudgdon, Goose Maguire, Sam Fisher, 'Franky' Peckett and Aussie Jones down back. Yeah! West Coast may have got within 10 goals at their very best.

Unfortunately, most of the blokes I mentioned had injuries and went down like flies in the last games of the season and the first final.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:

That's a ridiculous comment Con.

The pies that year, especially in the 2nd half of the year were unbeatable. They had an average winning margain of 6 goals, and no-one came close to them. They were up by 80 points at one stage in the prelim final against the cats until they took the foot right off the pedal. That year they were invincible. Just like certain players win Brownlows and fade into obscurity, this was a team that was as good as any team that won a flag that decade. I was staggered we managed to get as close as we did in the 1st GF. It was coaching genius as far as I was concerned. the 2nd week showed the talents of the two teams more accurately. If you recall our team wasn't exactly laden with superstars either. Eddy, McQualter, Peake, to name but a few. All those pies players you named as duds are at least still playing AFL 6 years on - that in itself says something about the quality of their team compared to ours. Our duds didn't retire - they were delisted.
They were playing terrific footy. No doubt about that. I am just saying they werent 22 stars. Some credit must go to MM for the way he had them playing over that 2 years period 2010-11. I never used or would use the word 'dud'. They werent bad players. Just not stars. That is all I meant to say.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
Apologies, St.Byron.

I also have 'Nam-style flashbacks over it. Even if it were Modra, it would have been easier to stomach, as that guy was at least not a novice.
Most difficult day of my football following life...My brother and I finished up sitting right next to a huge block of Crows supporters. Will never forget their wild celebration or walking down Brunton Ave after the game.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Eddy is embarrassing himself

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Linton Lodger wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Do you remember our form in the latter part of the season? Then with half a team out we rolled Adelaide over there in the first final & sustained more injuries. We had a handy midfield as well: Harvey, Hayes, Dal Santo, Goddard, Montagna, Luke Ball and Andrew Thompson. Sure we didn't have a typical good monster ruckman, but remember Kosi's form at the time (until his hammy went Rd 21)? Never, or perhaps in the Lockett era have I seen a player dominate a span of games as he did. He was never the same again, but I witnessed most of those games and the big Kosi was something to behold. Believe me, Cox would never have coped. He'd dominate the ruck particularly around the ground, then sneak forward and kick a lazy 4 or 5.

Oh and there was that forward line of ours: Nick Riewoldt, Fraser Gehrig, Aaron Hamill and Stephen Milne. Like the West Coast defence would have known what hit them. Then there was Maxy Hudgdon, Goose Maguire, Sam Fisher, 'Franky' Peckett and Aussie Jones down back. Yeah! West Coast may have got within 10 goals at their very best.

Unfortunately, most of the blokes I mentioned had injuries and went down like flies in the last games of the season and the first final.
I take your point about the QF against the Crows, but as much as I respect Neil Craig, history shows that he wasn't the best coach during finals time.

Take nothing away from the Eagles, they also had Glass, Hunter, Selwood, Chick, Seaby, Gardiner, Stenglein, Wirrpanda & Sampi. I agree that the full-strength Saints lineup was better on paper, but to say that they would have 10 goals against us at best isn't giving credit where credit is due. They finished 2nd for a reason.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Linton Lodger wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

I take your point about the QF against the Crows, but as much as I respect Neil Craig, history shows that he wasn't the best coach during finals time.

Take nothing away from the Eagles, they also had Glass, Hunter, Selwood, Chick, Seaby, Gardiner, Stenglein, Wirrpanda & Sampi. I agree that the full-strength Saints lineup was better on paper, but to say that they would have 10 goals against us at best isn't giving credit where credit is due. They finished 2nd for a reason.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:Unfortunately, most of the blokes I mentioned had injuries and went down like flies in the last games of the season and the first final.
I remember that nightmare of a game against Freo in which we lost after the siren, they scored about 6 goals directly from free kicks and we lost Kosi, Goose and Penny during the game when we'd lost Fisher the week before. Goddard ended up at FB against Pavlich.

The following were injured for the '05 prelim

Hamill
Koschitzke
Penny
X.Clarke
S.Fisher
L.Fisher
Peckett

Replace the likes of Raph Clarke, Fiora, Guerra, Ackland and a teenage James Gwilt with those guys and we'd have our second flag. Unfortunately we just didn't invest enough resources into strength and conditioning and injury management in the GT era. Imagine if we put the same emphasis on it back then as we do now and we waltzed into the 2005 prelim with a 22 like this

B: Hudghton, Penny, Voss
HB: Fisher, Maguire, Jones
C: Dal Santo, Hayes, Baker
HF: Hamill, Riewoldt, Montagna
F: Milne, Gehrig, X.Clarke

Foll: Koschitzke, Harvey, Ball
Int: Powell, Thompson, Peckett, Goddard

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Super coach is 0-9.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Pies were clearly the best team in 2010!
We nearly stole it, but when that siren went I knew we were not up to another GF!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Super coach is 0-9.
First Freo game I've seen this year...

5 goals to 3/4 time. After getting 30 odd points down, they had a 10min patch in the third where they attacked freely and kicked 3 out of four goals and looked like they had a chance.
Then Dawson failed to spoil and gave away a 50m from a cheap shot.

The term PTSD has been used lightheartedly in this thread once already... And i dare say I'm getting some of that now too