Bruce form

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bruce form

His effort is as strong as any player out there every week but right now it's just not coming together for him. His hands aren't as good as they were last year and his confidence seems down. I'm not sure whether this is just a tough period for him and the results will come eventually if he keeps up the hard work or if he needs a slight role change. I'd much prefer that he wasn't required to go into the ruck, but we don't really have another viable option at the moment.

With that said, his last 3 games against Essendon have yielded a total of 15 goals, so expect Brucey to bag another 5 on Sunday and be back on track.

stonecold
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:His effort is as strong as any player out there every week but right now it's just not coming together for him. His hands aren't as good as they were last year and his confidence seems down. I'm not sure whether this is just a tough period for him and the results will come eventually if he keeps up the hard work or if he needs a slight role change. I'd much prefer that he wasn't required to go into the ruck, but we don't really have another viable option at the moment.

With that said, his last 3 games against Essendon have yielded a total of 15 goals, so expect Brucey to bag another 5 on Sunday and be back on track.
With Paddy out, expect Josh to play deeper forward role this week, also I think we'll play a second ruck this week, so JB shouldn't be required there!!!!!

Agree, cannot question his workfare/effort, anyone who does, doesn't know what they are talking about, one of the most honest players on our list is Josh!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Josh is one of the 5 hardest working players on the list.

With

Steven, Newnes, Geary, Ross (I don't even compare Roo, unfair!)

Although it is that increased work rate (especially defensively) that is costing him offensively. It's harder to execute skills exhausted! If you want to know why he looks slow at times and struggles to mark.

Do 5 x 50m sprints
And time the fifth!
Or following the sprints have someone fire a footy at you or have a few shots at goal!!
It's amazing what a build up of Lactic Acid will do to your ability to perform.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough, his goal tally is less than brilliant this year, however I believe his work rate is second to none and that his goal output will improve for being played regularly. Kosi had some terrible games toward the end of his career and was persevered with.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

His marking is poor at the moment

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he could spend some time with " Buckets" for some marking tuition? :lol: I honestly think the lad will play himself out of his current form, and we should keep him in the side.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What can buckets tell him?

Put on 10kg and add 30% to the size of your hands?