On the couch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Playon
Club Player

Re: On the couch

Coat tail riding, love it

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I just think we need to mix it up a bit at the clearances. Armo and Dunstan are a little similar in the way they play. I'd keep both in the side but have only one at the clearances at any one time. Give opportunities to Gresham, Weller, Acres, Billings, Sinclair. Mix it up so we aren't totally predictable.

I've admitted being a little harsh on Dunstan in rating him a C. In reality he's probably a B on his way to being an A. The real problem is that he and Armo are primarily inside players and we need another player who can do a bit of both inside and outside work in there. IMO

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I just think we need to mix it up a bit at the clearances. Armo and Dunstan are a little similar in the way they play. I'd keep both in the side but have only one at the clearances at any one time. Give opportunities to Gresham, Weller, Acres, Billings, Sinclair. Mix it up so we aren't totally predictable.

I've admitted being a little harsh on Dunstan in rating him a C. In reality he's probably a B on his way to being an A. The real problem is that he and Armo are primarily inside players and we need another player who can do a bit of both inside and outside work in there. IMO

Agree with you re needing more outside run if that's what you mean. If the club are actually looking at trading for a gun mid this year, then I really really hope we go for an elite runner with pace, power and exquisite disposal. Agree we have a few inside mids and Dunstan is primarily there at present. It doesn't mean though that he's not a class player with elite potential.