I love the MCG

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Re: I love the MCG

ozrulestrace wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Both Melbourne venues have their good and not so good points. Ive been critical of Southern Cross station, but NOTHING compares to the mess trying to negotiate a way into Richmond station post game, yesterdays crowd meant that it wasnt so much of a nightmare, but after a well attended game its horrendous! BUT after a good win like that against Carlturd WHO CARES! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This time I walked to the station via the tennis centre fir the first time and far less of a crowd cush.

My concern is the MCG can have all of the security it likes, but after that Collingwood game 25m crawl which took close to 20 mins made me very conscious about the lack of security at Richmond and I imagine Jolimint would have had similar crowd crushes.
Yeah, I've thought that as well whilst leaving the MCG. Absolutely no security presence at Jolimont and Richmond stations or the walkway that takes you back to the city either for that matter. Three places where people are very easily trapped and where utter mayhem could break loose if something terrible were to happen with a 90,000+ crowd leaving the venue. But hey... apparently a little bit of wand waiving is enough to give people the illusion of security.