Two players

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lintonstreet
Club Player

Re: Two players

Teflon wrote:mods please close 'look at me thread'
if you cant put up your view dont waste bandiwth FFS.
Yes, please close this thread

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Toy Saint wrote:I know...it's Geary & Dunstan.

Both cop heaps on this forum, but when they're missing....

I think we learnt something about their worth to the team last night.
Times a billion.

No Geary, no St Kilda. He's our heartbeat.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Paddy kept falling over
Paddy was not our worst. I agree he needs to keep his feet more though. Allir never falls over.

But our worst were clearly Billings, Minch, Savage, Wrighty, Gilbo, Membrey and Bruce.
haha

spert
Saintsational Legend

Too many passengers in the second half- I don't know what Richo said to them at half time, but it must have been pretty uninspiring!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why don't we want to concede that the Swans are a very powerful outfit? It's not just that our players couldn't win the contested footy but they also couldn't win back possession. You can't blame the coach or a handful of players for our team getting thrashed

Sure there were a few of our tackles unrewarded and a few blatant errors from umpires but overwhelmingly I saw the Swines mids carve us up and their backline beating our forwards in each contest in that 3rd quarter

It's not called the premiership quarter for nothing. I remember leaving the ground back in 2008 in the pre-lim final against Hawthorn thinking that the umpires screwed us in the 3rd and that a couple of our players had stinkers. When I watched the replay of that match I realised that they played a fuckn awesome brand of footy and their best was clearly outstanding. Guess who won the flag that year. I reckon the Swans will win it this year

spert
Saintsational Legend

We know the Swans are a strong team, but if throwing the towel in at half time because we are playing a team above us is part of the game, then you can't build a winning culture. Big first quarters can decide a game, so can big second and big last quarters. The sign of improvement is to go down at least fighting, not being a bunch of witches hats for the opposition to run around.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget Hick started hobbling during the first half and we had injuries to Chips and Armo in the 3rd. After they got a bit of momentum it was going to be a battle to stay with them. The umpiring deflated and demoralised our boys as we started getting physically belted as well as getting belted on the scorboard. Swans are showing signs of putting the foot down this year and they certainly had their size 16's firmly at our throat in the second half.

To the top
SS Life Member

My recall is that in the Inter-state games we have lost badly we have been impacted by injuries during those games including early - including Fisher not being available v Adelaide.

And that was the case last weekend with Hickey with his problems and Fisher not resuming immediately after half time - then being cleaned up.

What this does show is that in such circumstances (notwithstanding rotations and the absence of class players) our under-belly can be exposed with those players who fill the gaps because they can bring pressure not up to taking the next step and imposing on games and results.

They get opportunity and they fail - so time has to be called on them and they need to be rotated out.

As I say, the pressure is now on our recruiting people to address this and cover the replacement of our senior players all of whom are significant contributors still.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

After every game at a meeting players are placed to the left or right of a ledger... And it's whether they demonstrate the trademarks set out by the group that all players adhere to... They are labelled 'saints men' Generally all about effort and self sacrifice and playing their set role

It's fair to say
Billings and Savage weren't on the 'right' side of the ledger this week!!!!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: Billings and Savage
And there we have it folks! Lots of suspense.

derby Street
Club Player

BigMart wrote:After every game at a meeting players are placed to the left or right of a ledger... And it's whether they demonstrate the trademarks set out by the group that all players adhere to... They are labelled 'saints men' Generally all about effort and self sacrifice and playing their set role

It's fair to say
Billings and Savage weren't on the 'right' side of the ledger this week!!!!
Certainly can't disagree with those 2 - and yes I know by late Tuesday I should be getting over it.