Do we stick with three tall forwards?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do we stick with three tall forwards?

Scollop wrote:This is the $64,000 question. I thought all he was doing for most of last year was fitness work and running. Lockett was extremely quick and powerful on the lead.
I think Paddy should be played as a stay at home full forward anyway. That is what he was recruited to be. Horses for courses.
How many one on one's have you seen with Paddy winning the footy? From what I've seen he can take a pack mark ok when his confidence is high, he is good on a lead, and he and the other talls work well together as multiple options. Not saying he doesn't compete well. He is a big fella so can provide a contest and bring the footy down so that Sincs, Gresh, others can crumb, but if he is the stay at home forward and there's no one else around when the ball hits the deck, he's a liability.[/quote]

He did pretty well in 2016 at the G against Richmond on Alex Rance until he broke his collarbone.

It comes down to how the players are taught to play the game, and yes, by that I mean coaching. Paddy needs to become a smart footballer, and use the gifts he has at his disposal. That is what training is for. We don't seem to develop our players as well as other clubs. Case in point - Tom Lynch now at the Crows.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
silverhalo
Club Player

Re: Do we stick with three tall forwards?

No, we can't play these 3 guys together.

Just looking at today's stats, 9 marks between the three of them, 0 goals, it just doesn't work.