Apologize to the fans Richo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SinCitySainter
Club Player

Re: Apologize to the fans Richo

suss wrote:Time to go. I reckon they won’t pull the trigger though. Ever since Richmond won a flag it’s de rigueur to keep a coach who stinks in case they manage to turn things around.
What a ridiculous comment.
There has been 5 and a half rounds of football since Richmond won the flag but it is now de rigueur to keep a coach.
Maybe it is time for him to go and maybe it isn't but to try to claim that the club is only keeping him around because that is the current trend just shows a complete lack of logic.

suss
Club Player

SinCitySainter wrote:
suss wrote:Time to go. I reckon they won’t pull the trigger though. Ever since Richmond won a flag it’s de rigueur to keep a coach who stinks in case they manage to turn things around.
What a ridiculous comment.
There has been 5 and a half rounds of football since Richmond won the flag but it is now de rigueur to keep a coach.
Maybe it is time for him to go and maybe it isn't but to try to claim that the club is only keeping him around because that is the current trend just shows a complete lack of logic.
That's not what I said. I said that clubs aren't sacking coaches like they used to. The statistics will back that up.

I didn't realise when I posted that they signed him for a further two years - saw it later on BF. The club couldn't afford to sack him even if they wanted to.

The_President
Club Player

Sometimes it really is just about getting a fresh voice into the players.

We’ve got some real talent on our list, who just aren’t performing the way we would like... maybe the coaching systems and structures don’t play to their strengths?

I feel like we have the type of players who like to play attacking and with flair, but are being told to play defensive first and attacking second. Remember back to the early GT days when the game plan was basically “We’re going to score and score heavily, try your best to keep up”

Just an opinion, but I feel like Richo’s message to the players hasn’t changed in 5 years and is probably very stale (still can’t belive the players had to go to him and ask him to relax and just let them play)

I think we should try and find a younger coach who is more relatable to the playing group & have an experience coach next to him to help guide and bounce ideas off.

And just a side note, those of you talking about how it’s popular to keep coaches now because of Hardwick... Hardwick basically came back a completely different person from 2016-17. More relaxed, more approachable, more giving. Completely different person, completely different vibe, completely different voice.

We just feel very stale.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Hardwick had/has a MUCH better list to work with. We are actually sub AFL standard right now, so the lists are a million miles apart.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Get Ratten at the end of this year. Make him head coach and move Richo to the Head of Football or some other meaningless title. We don’t have to pay out Richo. Backload Rattens 3 year contract so the big bucks kick in once Richo’s current contract expires. Tell Richo now he won’t be head coach next year. If Richo chooses to fall on his sword even better.

Something has to change. We are in a death spiral.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

portosaint wrote:Ease up on Richo guys
Why?