Where is the leadership?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where is the leadership?

Newman wrote:Still think Nick Riewoldt was stupid not to captain in his final year. Should have been AFL's 'longest serving captain' ! Geary could have taken over in 2018 ... or someone else?
YEah it wouldn't have made a lick of difference.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Where is the leadership?

I don't like to be negative and not offer a possible solution, but if we keep playing our matches in the fashion we have been, supporters are going to stop going to the footy and watching it on tv. I don't think we need to single out individuals as, apart from the ITKs, we don't really know what is going on at the club. I'd like to know and I think our president should be forthright enough to come out and state why we are making some baffling decisions, but at the moment he seems to be keeping a low profile, and our coach keeps his cards close to his chest at press conferences, so that's probably not going to happen. Not in the short term anyway.

It would be beneficial, I think, for the club to have an independent review of it's processes in the next couple of weeks, instead of waiting until the end of the year. Bringing in people from outside the club to audit it's procedures and functions a third of the way through the season will save a lot of time. It might save the players from being humiliated out on the field too.

The club told us that they were aiming to make the finals this year and this is already highly unlikely, only 6 rounds in in a 22 round season, and I worry that we might find players just going through the motions. This could produce some very poor results.
Sometimes bringing in fresh pairs of eyes with no agendas can help regenerate the place.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.