Blue Sky Brigade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

derby Street
Club Player

Re: Blue Sky Brigade

WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
takeaway wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:You know who you are.
Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.
Go f*** yourselves.
What are you actually trying to say? Or are you having an involuntary spasm?

For the record, given some of the analysis going on regarding last nights game, we lost because of our poor kicking for goal. Simple as that. Nothing to do with Coaches, gameplan or recruitment. Was it 5 or 6 routine shots for goal we missed in succession between the third and early final quarters? We had done enough to be 3 or 4 goals ahead at 3 qtr time. Same last week against GWS.

Membrey's disgraceful miss! Is that a true reflection of Membrey's ability? Is that the Coach?
Not really sure who Con is targeting - the Club or the "Blue Sky" posters supposedly on here. I would be a blue skyer, and everyone is entiltled to a view, be it Blue Sky or Doomsday or on the fence. Makes for a healthy discussion. Don't understand the venom, sounds as if you are jealous of positive attitudes. I would much rather be a Blue Skyer than a Doomsdayer - a much better life.

The Saints just need reasonable improvement in disposal efficiency, and we will be much more competitive, and a threat to all sides. Simples.
A calm and reasoned post. Articulated very well! Kudos!
Calm and reasoned.
Funny, that's prob a reason why we're so bad.
Skunk hits post.
No benching.
No...Mr Fairy Dust says to Skunk at the break
'maybe the soy lattes and tofu burgers aren't working.
Let's try some organic chia and quinoa,
and sing Kumbaya...c'mon guys, hold hands and feel the love in the air"
Membrey hits the post so he should have been benched ????? WTF. You must be old like me Wellard - that's what they did back in the 80's. If everyone gets benched for making a mistake the saints interchange allocation would be used up by half time.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
takeaway wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.
Go f*** yourselves.
What are you actually trying to say? Or are you having an involuntary spasm?

For the record, given some of the analysis going on regarding last nights game, we lost because of our poor kicking for goal. Simple as that. Nothing to do with Coaches, gameplan or recruitment. Was it 5 or 6 routine shots for goal we missed in succession between the third and early final quarters? We had done enough to be 3 or 4 goals ahead at 3 qtr time. Same last week against GWS.

Membrey's disgraceful miss! Is that a true reflection of Membrey's ability? Is that the Coach?
Not really sure who Con is targeting - the Club or the "Blue Sky" posters supposedly on here. I would be a blue skyer, and everyone is entiltled to a view, be it Blue Sky or Doomsday or on the fence. Makes for a healthy discussion. Don't understand the venom, sounds as if you are jealous of positive attitudes. I would much rather be a Blue Skyer than a Doomsdayer - a much better life.

The Saints just need reasonable improvement in disposal efficiency, and we will be much more competitive, and a threat to all sides. Simples.
A calm and reasoned post. Articulated very well! Kudos!
Calm and reasoned.
Skunk hits post.
No benching.
Membrey hits the post so he should have been benched ????? WTF. You must be old like me Wellard - that's what they did back in the 80's. If everyone gets benched for making a mistake the saints interchange allocation would be used up by half time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
Calm and reasoned.
Skunk hits post.
No benching.
Do you know who bobbed up a minute later on a good lead? He took a mark and had a set shot from a 45 degree angle and slotted it from 35-40 out? Yep, it was Skunk.

Not his fualt when the coach picks you to play without you actually proving you have good form. Coaches need to find the right mix and help ease the guys back in through the Sandy team.

I think it was Steele a few weeks back that got dropped after the North Melbourne game and he went back and got 41 touches. Personally I thought he would have been one of the last guys you would drop, but the coaches saw things differently. His hardness was missing against the Cats and team selection was wrong with Dunnstan also out of that side.

Every thread you go through there are examples of players out of form. Every thread you go through there are signs that the coaching team needs an overhaul. Team selection is one of the greatest motivators (or demotivators) and our coaches may have lost some of the players

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Calm and reasoned.
Skunk hits post.
No benching.
Do you know who bobbed up a minute later on a good lead? He took a mark and had a set shot from a 45 degree angle and slotted it from 35-40 out? Yep, it was Skunk.

Not his fualt when the coach picks you to play without you actually proving you have good form. Coaches need to find the right mix and help ease the guys back in through the Sandy team.

I think it was Steele a few weeks back that got dropped after the North Melbourne game and he went back and got 41 touches. Personally I thought he would have been one of the last guys you would drop, but the coaches saw things differently. His hardness was missing against the Cats and team selection was wrong with Dunnstan also out of that side.

Every thread you go through there are examples of players out of form. Every thread you go through there are signs that the coaching team needs an overhaul. Team selection is one of the greatest motivators (or demotivators) and our coaches may have lost some of the players
+1

stonecold
SS Life Member

Looks like no blue Sky's for Con for a little bit!!!!!

See ya in a fortnight old Son!!!!!

Take care!!!!!

Now I could be mistaken, but I believe when Con had an enforced holiday once before, we won!!!!!

So, Blue Sky's ahead people!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

stonecold wrote:Looks like no blue Sky's for Con for a little bit!!!!!

See ya in a fortnight old Son!!!!!

Take care!!!!!

Now I could be mistaken, but I believe when Con had an enforced holiday once before, we won!!!!!

So, Blue Sky's ahead people!!!!! ;)
Lol. We will beat Melbourne.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.
<edited by mods>yourselves.

<warning for baiting and abuse>
Were you on the juice last night Con ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.

Errrrrrrr.......... I’ve been reliably informed it was a “snake oil binge” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For what it’s worth, the Jiggster hit the turps in Launceston at 4:00 pm at the Pre game function. Then continued to imbibe at York Park...... I found the “anaesthetic effect” to be fairly handy as the evening wore on :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Scollop wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
Calm and reasoned.
Skunk hits post.
No benching.

+1
+2 - fantastic post

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.

Errrrrrrr.......... I’ve been reliably informed it was a “snake oil binge” :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For what it’s worth, the Jiggster hit the turps in Launceston at 4:00 pm at the Pre game function. Then continued to imbibe at York Park...... I found the “anaesthetic effect” to be fairly handy as the evening wore on :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Hope you had fun Jiggster :lol: :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.

Mate, in just 90 minutes or so, I’ll turn 73 years young! Am I having fun? Well my dear Saints pal..... TAKE A WILD GUESS! I have managed to gain ( and maintain) the love and respect of a good woman. I have two beautiful, beautiful daughters, four grandkids who keep me on my toes. I have the good fortune to enjoy good health. Have no enemies. I follow a crazy, crazy footy club called St Kilda and by doing so meet heaps of people who make me smile, make me cry with their stories and life experiences. YES the result yesterday was s***house, BUT........ meeting all those LOVELY folk from the Launceston Supporters Group made me feel humble AND proud! At the end of the day pal, yesterday goes down as a FOOTBALL RESULT! That’s all! BUT the good company, the laughs and banter of being among MY OWN! Well, money can’t buy THAT kind of feeling!

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

thejiggingsaint wrote:Mate, in just 90 minutes or so, I’ll turn 73 years young! Am I having fun? Well my dear Saints pal..... TAKE A WILD GUESS! I have managed to gain ( and maintain) the love and respect of a good woman. I have two beautiful, beautiful daughters, four grandkids who keep me on my toes. I have the good fortune to enjoy good health. Have no enemies. I follow a crazy, crazy footy club called St Kilda and by doing so meet heaps of people who make me smile, make me cry with their stories and life experiences. YES the result yesterday was s***house, BUT........ meeting all those LOVELY folk from the Launceston Supporters Group made me feel humble AND proud! At the end of the day pal, yesterday goes down as a FOOTBALL RESULT! That’s all! BUT the good company, the laughs and banter of being among MY OWN! Well, money can’t buy THAT kind of feeling!
27 to go!

Hey Dave, happy birthday, and a massive (and somewhat envious in parts) congratulations on the above. You should be very proud! :D

27 to go! I reckon that's about nine more flags, which would get us into double figures. (Maybe eleven more flags when the truth about 2009 & 2010 finally comes out, and the AFL rewards retrospective flags.) :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
congorozides
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:
For the record, given some of the analysis going on regarding last nights game, we lost because of our poor kicking for goal. Simple as that. Nothing to do with Coaches, gameplan or recruitment. ?
Hawthorn had 14 more I50s.

Stop lying.

Absolutely delusional.

barneyboyz
Club Player

fugazi wrote:Ease up on the Avon ladies
Avon ladies at least have a proven product, it just then depends on whether you want to buy in?

I don’t reckon any one side here (on saintsational) has the answer, as much is not right. Unfortunately though much has to now happen to make it right. I would get Neal Balm into the club right now to find out what is right, and move on anything that’s wrong, clear cut. If he says Richo stays, then he stays and we go from there. If we need to chase Roos, then just do it

That big bloke from Gold Coast must be at the saints come October too. $1m per year for 6. Just do it

Trade Ross, Newnes, Savage and whoever else can’t kick the effing footy, I’ve had a gut full of supporting blokes that can’t kick, and ffs, get a captain that can lead.

I’ve been part of this blue sky thing for obvious reasons, but I’m sorry, Melbourne was the one team that simply had to be beaten for me to keep the faith. They were the game changer for me, and a statement for the negative here was the figurative ‘White Flag’ as I cannot accept that my team would willingly bend over to that @#$&ing pile of shyte

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm in for the LONG haul, through hell or high water! GO SAINTS!

Ape_Man
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm in for the LONG haul, through hell or high water! GO SAINTS!
This forum needs an upvote function or a thumbs up for this Jiggster.

St Kilda is almost a family member. I will always be there for them.

Even if they aren't always there for me.
Last edited by Ape_Man on Sun 06 May 2018 10:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'm in for the LONG haul, through hell or high water! GO SAINTS!
Thats right Jiggers. Its all a bit of fun in the end, through thr good and bad times.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ape_Man wrote:
This forum needs an upvote function or a thumbs up for this Jiggster.

St Kilda is almost a family member. I will always be there for them.

Even if they aren't always there for me.
Well said! Couldn’t have put it better mate!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

parkeysainter wrote:
Thats right Jiggers. Its all a bit of fun in the end, through thr good and bad times.
It was great yesterday spending time with my pals in the “Victory”(??!!) Room pre game, THAT was fun,....then the footy started!
No other choice than to hang in there.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
It was great yesterday spending time with my pals in the “Victory”(??!!) Room pre game, THAT was fun,....then the footy started!
This is very true the two above quotes, yet that's what the AFL have utterly destroyed. Footy pre 2000s was still fun even if you were terrible. There was full strength beer, and great banter. Never once did you see a riot. Yes crowds were less P.C, but in general it was harmless banter. Nowadays that's gone, its the demolition man movie type control . Every game was entertaining due to the comical town criers on the gas, coming out with witty stuff that made the crowd laugh. Now it's scorned upon, these Guys are virtually gone.

So you're left with a watered down crowd, costs an arm and a leg to attend, and the game is now puerile to watch if you are not in flag contention

Bring back the Lockett era
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
parkeysainter wrote:
This is very true the two above quotes, yet that's what the AFL have utterly destroyed. Footy pre 2000s was still fun even if you were terrible. There was full strength beer, and great banter. Never once did you see a riot. Yes crowds were less P.C, but in general it was harmless banter. Nowadays that's gone, its the demolition man movie type control . Every game was entertaining due to the comical town criers on the gas, coming out with witty stuff that made the crowd laugh. Now it's scorned upon, these Guys are virtually gone.

So you're left with a watered down crowd, costs an arm and a leg to attend, and the game is now puerile to watch if you are not in flag contention
It’s not expensive to GA to our games. Only $25 and kids are often free. But the crowds aren’t there apart from blockbuster type games.

If we persist with Richo until the end of 2020 I reckon the top deck of Etihad will be closed off for many games to save money and create a better “look” on telly

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Mate, in just 90 minutes or so, I’ll turn 73 years young! Am I having fun? Well my dear Saints pal..... TAKE A WILD GUESS! I have managed to gain ( and maintain) the love and respect of a good woman. I have two beautiful, beautiful daughters, four grandkids who keep me on my toes. I have the good fortune to enjoy good health. Have no enemies. I follow a crazy, crazy footy club called St Kilda and by doing so meet heaps of people who make me smile, make me cry with their stories and life experiences. YES the result yesterday was s***house, BUT........ meeting all those LOVELY folk from the Launceston Supporters Group made me feel humble AND proud! At the end of the day pal, yesterday goes down as a FOOTBALL RESULT! That’s all! BUT the good company, the laughs and banter of being among MY OWN! Well, money can’t buy THAT kind of feeling!
27 to go!

Hey Dave, happy birthday, and a massive (and somewhat envious in parts) congratulations on the above. You should be very proud! :D
27 to go! I reckon that's about nine more flags, which would get us into double figures. (Maybe eleven more flags when the truth about 2009 & 2010 finally comes out, and the AFL rewards retrospective flags.) :D
ditto what Dave said.....happy birthday mate and envious of your positivity.

I too have beautiful grandkids and a good life .. a successful Saints would fill the cup but looks like it's not meant be. there are a lot more important things out there.

barneyboyz
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:
Wayne42 wrote:
Snake oil salesmen.
Spruikers.
Avon ladies.

Mate, in just 90 minutes or so, I’ll turn 73 years young! Am I having fun? Well my dear Saints pal..... TAKE A WILD GUESS! I have managed to gain ( and maintain) the love and respect of a good woman. I have two beautiful, beautiful daughters, four grandkids who keep me on my toes. I have the good fortune to enjoy good health. Have no enemies. I follow a crazy, crazy footy club called St Kilda and by doing so meet heaps of people who make me smile, make me cry with their stories and life experiences. YES the result yesterday was s***house, BUT........ meeting all those LOVELY folk from the Launceston Supporters Group made me feel humble AND proud! At the end of the day pal, yesterday goes down as a FOOTBALL RESULT! That’s all! BUT the good company, the laughs and banter of being among MY OWN! Well, money can’t buy THAT kind of feeling!
What if I told you that you could have all that, and also have a successful club??? Yes, believe it or not there's Hawks fans that have all of what you describe, and more! I kid you not!

I do apologise of course, I'm generally happy with my 40 odd years of being a Saints supporter, apart from those dark early days of course. We all love our club deeply, it's not possible to change, and even though that club has had many different faces over those years, I'll always be there, just reckon it's not too much to ask santa for a premiership...one day soon??? is it?

Love your positivity though, whatever get's you through

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Happy birthday mate. Somewhat belated as the thread title did not attract me.