Breaking Upwards *Poll Updated*

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

How should the club go about making a clean break with Richo?

Tell him straight that he's not the right man for the job.
30%
Wait for him to come to his senses and quit.
No votes
Send him packing and have the muppets who extended his contract personally foot the bill
39%
We shouldn't. He has to coach until the conclusion of his contract.
30%
Hire a hitman to have him whacked and then sleep with the fishes. (N.B. This is just the joke option on the poll. Don't be a snowflake and complain!)
No votes

Total votes: 23

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Breaking Upwards *Poll Updated*

#4 again.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Breaking Upwards

SaintPav wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
ChrisRyanSaints wrote:What if we had kicked straight?

What more can he do?

We smashed Melbourne and if not for bad kicking which led to bad motivation AND the absolute joke umpires (3 goals)
We win that game.
It's not just the bad kicking!

Doesn't sound like we were watching the same game. I saw Melbourne beat us hands down and in all areas of the ground last Sunday.
He’s trolling you.

:roll:
This is the same poster who was starting "sack Richo" threads this time last.

They're just posting here for laughs. And, us responding is only giving them the attention they desperately crave...

Bad management is bad management
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Breaking Upwards *Poll Updated*

The reality is, if the downward slump continues and those who extended Richo's contract finally come to the conclusion that they've made a blue, there isn't much they can do?

If they try telling Richo's that he's lost the players and should resign, why on Earth would Richo do that. He's contracted for another two seasons. His mentality will be, "no, I'm under contract. If you want me gone, pay out my contract."

Which leads us to the next option, terminating his contract. This same administration who extended Richo's contract have also driven the club into over 10 million of debt. To "pull off the bandaid" will just cost the club more money that it hasn't got and will make the administration look like the biggest cabbages in the entire competition.

But that being said, if the slump continues and Richo really has "lost the players", two more seasons of consistently getting thumped will also have dire consequences on the club - membership numbers, attracting sponsors, matchday attendance, attracting quality players, getting our current players to re-sign. For survival of the club alone, it just can't afford to be in the wilderness much longer. Therefore, as silly as the administration may look for terminating a coach's contract that they themselves only drafted late last year, can they afford to honour it if our plight continues?
Last edited by SydneySainter on Thu 10 May 2018 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bad management is bad management
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:It was when Richmond ditched the “ sack the coach, sack the board “ strategy, and instead kept their nerve, that things looked up for Richmond. Incidentally, a few of us should note that Richmond members, despite their (perceived) penchant to microwave membership cards when the going gets tough, have consistently signed up year in and year out. AND following a period of almost 30 odd years without a GF appearance.
Richo promised to transform us into a top 4 side by this year. At this stage, it appears he will fall short by a country mile. His time really should be up if he hasn't delivered that promise. Five seasons is ample time to produce. In fact, that is far more than what most coaches are given.

If you believe Richo really is the man to bring us forward, please enlighten me, because my faith in him has now all but evaporated.
parkeysainter wrote:AR is not the problem. Maybe some of the players need to pull their fingers out and start executing basics skills for 4 quarters.
I believe our players are far better than what they are currently showing. They simply aren't responding to the coach's game plan. Their confidence has been shattered and the coach certainly doesn't appear to be helping to restore their confidence. Why are we currently 1 win from 7 games in a season where the coach's blueprint mapped out we'd be a top four team?
Have I actually said that I “believe Richo really is the man to bring us forward”? I don’t recall saying such a thing, but my memory isn’t as good as it once was, so forgive me, if I have. As far as me “enlightening” you....... well who says I have a mandate or obligation to do THAT? I have my opinion, you have yours, I have neither the desire, nor need to explain myself to you, or anyone else for that matter.

This OP ( IMHO) is just a reflection of your frustration at us having a bad season, you’re perfectly free to do that, just as others are perfectly free to look at the OP as offensive, and simply a tantrum on your part. But hey, it’s a free country.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:It was when Richmond ditched the “ sack the coach, sack the board “ strategy, and instead kept their nerve, that things looked up for Richmond. Incidentally, a few of us should note that Richmond members, despite their (perceived) penchant to microwave membership cards when the going gets tough, have consistently signed up year in and year out. AND following a period of almost 30 odd years without a GF appearance.
Richo promised to transform us into a top 4 side by this year. At this stage, it appears he will fall short by a country mile. His time really should be up if he hasn't delivered that promise. Five seasons is ample time to produce. In fact, that is far more than what most coaches are given.

If you believe Richo really is the man to bring us forward, please enlighten me, because my faith in him has now all but evaporated.
parkeysainter wrote:AR is not the problem. Maybe some of the players need to pull their fingers out and start executing basics skills for 4 quarters.
I believe our players are far better than what they are currently showing. They simply aren't responding to the coach's game plan. Their confidence has been shattered and the coach certainly doesn't appear to be helping to restore their confidence. Why are we currently 1 win from 7 games in a season where the coach's blueprint mapped out we'd be a top four team?
Have I actually said that I “believe Richo really is the man to bring us forward”? I don’t recall saying such a thing, but my memory isn’t as good as it once was, so forgive me, if I have. As far as me “enlightening” you....... well who says I have a mandate or obligation to do THAT? I have my opinion, you have yours, I have neither the desire, nor need to explain myself to you, or anyone else for that matter.

This OP ( IMHO) is just a reflection of your frustration at us having a bad season, you’re perfectly free to do that, just as others are perfectly free to look at the OP as offensive, and simply a tantrum on your part. But hey, it’s a free country.
You can say that again, Jiggster! I'm getting towards my wit's end with how this team is going. It simply shouldn't be tolerated. As supporters, it is duty to state our disapproval and not bend over and take it.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:That poll is bloody offensive and should be taken down by the mods
You are a hypocrite!

You refer to a former player who represented the club in 3 x grand finals as a 'GIRL' in one post, then take the position of Forum moral guardian here deciding a tongue in cheek post is offensive and should be removed.

Is your reference to the former player as a girl offensive?
I think it is offensive to the player and to women in general.

I knew you were an illiterate moron, didn't realize you were also an offensive misogynist and a hypocrite.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.