New coaching panel nominees

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: New coaching panel nominees

Just get Kingsley in as interim ASAP and appoint a new head coach later on.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

congorozides wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
congorozides wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:I am perplexed, why all the love for Brett Ratten? What's it based on, his coaching at Carlton? :shock: Or because he's one of Clarkson's Assistants?

We hired Watters because he was one of Malthouse's Assistants, that worked out well. Clarkson's Assistants will be familiar with Clarkson's systems and methods now, not what he'll do in the future. They are not Clarkson and won't necessarily have his creativity, imgination and vision.
Ratten has a coaching record at the Blues of 50% wins. You bag him.

Richo has a record of 35% wina at the Saints. You praise him.

This is an example of cognitive dissonance.

And yes - working with Clarkson is clearly a plus.

Ratten was at Hawthorn for the 2013, 14 and 15 premierships.

That's first hand experience in three flags as a coach plus one as a player.

Seriously are you taking the piss????
When Carlton put the pressure on him (whether justified or not) he completely choked and lost it, started barracking rather than Coaching.

He had a very decent list at Carlton and the best he could do was 1 finals appearance for no wins. I watched Ross Lyon Coach him into the ground on numerous occasions. Particularly loved the occasion (2008) that Lyon tagged everyone in his midfield with the exception of CHRIS JUDD! Ratten didn't see that coming and probably still hasn't. Juddy got a heap of the footy for us that evening.

The cream of the Assistants around the league are Caracella (who is by all intents and purposes actually coaching Richmond) and Voss foolishly sacked by the Lions. Way surperior options to Ratten.
Not sure anyone is suggesting Ratten for the top job.
But for some kind of role.
I dont think the Carlton list was all that great either. He got them to 5th in 2011 and Murphy was their B & F. A good effort with an ordinary list.

Here is the Elimination Final winning side from 2011 - looks fairly s*** to me. So I am not sure the list was all that decent.

Ill give you a few names to prove my point

Carrazzo, Thornton, Robinson, Ellard, Warnock, Duigan, Joseph, Davies, O'Hailpin.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... s?mid=5337

So I think you are being very harsh on the bloke..... And then on the other hand letting Richo off scott free....
They chose Warnock over Jacobs! You forget to mention Judd, Gibbs, Kruezer, Fevola, Whitnell, Waite, Yarran, Stevens, Betts & Garlett

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I cannot believe people are throwing up ex players with no or little coaching experience and indeed even Gary Ayres :shock: Why not Alex Jesalenko!

DWOODROW
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Just get Kingsley in as interim ASAP and appoint a new head coach later on.
You don't think Kingsley is apart of the problem??? Didn't he move to assistant coach this this year. How is he going to help when he is obviously part of the problem

congorozides
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:I cannot believe people are throwing up ex players with no or little coaching experience and indeed even Gary Ayres :shock: Why not Alex Jesalenko!
I hear Jock McHale has some spare time and would provide good leadership :D

congorozides
Club Player

Linton Lodger wrote:
congorozides wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
congorozides wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:I am perplexed, why all the love for Brett Ratten? What's it based on, his coaching at Carlton? :shock: Or because he's one of Clarkson's Assistants?

We hired Watters because he was one of Malthouse's Assistants, that worked out well. Clarkson's Assistants will be familiar with Clarkson's systems and methods now, not what he'll do in the future. They are not Clarkson and won't necessarily have his creativity, imgination and vision.
Ratten has a coaching record at the Blues of 50% wins. You bag him.

Richo has a record of 35% wina at the Saints. You praise him.

This is an example of cognitive dissonance.

And yes - working with Clarkson is clearly a plus.

Ratten was at Hawthorn for the 2013, 14 and 15 premierships.

That's first hand experience in three flags as a coach plus one as a player.

Seriously are you taking the piss????
When Carlton put the pressure on him (whether justified or not) he completely choked and lost it, started barracking rather than Coaching.

He had a very decent list at Carlton and the best he could do was 1 finals appearance for no wins. I watched Ross Lyon Coach him into the ground on numerous occasions. Particularly loved the occasion (2008) that Lyon tagged everyone in his midfield with the exception of CHRIS JUDD! Ratten didn't see that coming and probably still hasn't. Juddy got a heap of the footy for us that evening.

The cream of the Assistants around the league are Caracella (who is by all intents and purposes actually coaching Richmond) and Voss foolishly sacked by the Lions. Way surperior options to Ratten.
Not sure anyone is suggesting Ratten for the top job.
But for some kind of role.
I dont think the Carlton list was all that great either. He got them to 5th in 2011 and Murphy was their B & F. A good effort with an ordinary list.

Here is the Elimination Final winning side from 2011 - looks fairly s*** to me. So I am not sure the list was all that decent.

Ill give you a few names to prove my point

Carrazzo, Thornton, Robinson, Ellard, Warnock, Duigan, Joseph, Davies, O'Hailpin.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... s?mid=5337

So I think you are being very harsh on the bloke..... And then on the other hand letting Richo off scott free....
They chose Warnock over Jacobs! You forget to mention Judd, Gibbs, Kruezer, Fevola, Whitnell, Waite, Yarran, Stevens, Betts & Garlett
Judd was past it. Gibbs and Kreuzer kids back then. Waite always injured.
Betts was unreliable back then. Garlett similar. Yarran they traded out. Fevola was good but loose as. Whitnell. I can barely remember. Stevens? You mean the bloke in prison?

Waite, Fevola, Kreuzer, Stevens, Whitnell didnt even play in that Elimination final. You cant just randomly name players off the top of your head.

It was a mediocre-goodish list. Certainly not a great side by any measure. Quite a few duds.